Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Fun Excal? No Buff No Nerf

(PSN)twistedodean14

Hello Fellow Tenno!

Okay Excalibur as he is right now is good for the most part and can be borderline OP to some. Of all of his abilities radial blind is probably one of his best but i think having him do finishers on each enemy when blinded sucks the fun out of using Excalibur, the melee weapon being used and it slows down game play which is very boring. I don't like being too dependent on exalted blade and i would like to think of it as a last resort. So here is how we can make radial blind a bit more fun in my opinion;

1) After enemies are blinded Excalibur will normal melee attacks on enemies(like it was before) while giving the same stealth bonus. Now in order to do finisher without the radial finish augment mod, the player must channel to trigger the finisher attacks and each finisher attack will consume a little bit of energy. This is to give players a choice and to choose when and when not to use finishers. Plus it balances everything out with the use if channeling which consumes energy. this gives the player choice and allows them to actually use their melee weapons more. 

2) If players do not want to channel(which consumes energy) to do finishers or want to do finishers all the time on enemies, all they have to do is add the radial finish augment mod to their build. This will make the radial finish augment mod useful again and make things more fun and balanced.

3) How does this affect other players when Excalibur blinds enemies? One way this could be dealt with is if Excalibur has the radial finish mod in the build teammates will do finishers enemies. if the mod isn't equipped they will just do stealth damage to enemies. (like it was before). The second way is if the radial finish augment mod is not equipped other players can only do finishers as long as the person using Excalibur is channeling.( i think this way is more fun and it makes excal player less "one man army"). 

I think having these options will make using Excalibur more fun and will make players less inclined to spam exalted blade and see it as a last resort. I remember when the radial blind mod just came out, i made a radial finish build and went into a t4 sur by my self and played for almost 2 hours. I survived because i kept using radial blind and kept doing finishers on enemies and eventually i got bored and left.

So fellow tenno let me know what you guys think, do you guys think these changes to radial blind will make Excalibur more fun to use? is having the choice a good thing or a bad thing? do you guys see it as a nerf or buff?

I think having these options will make using Excalibur more fun and will make players less inclined to spam exalted blade and see it as a last resort. 

I almost always use Exalted Blade as a last resort.... and some other players don't.

The word "Fun" is literally in the eye of the beholder. I admire your opinion, but I always feel like these suggestions are bad for the game.

I think Warframe is a game that flourishes because of player choice and customization.