Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma

Vjorkal

Greetings fellow Tennos and Community,

I actually did watch the Stream today, and a thought actually came to my mind that were not mentionned by the Dev.

There's a mention even on the forums about how people can abuse Forma simply by making new accounts, inviting them to the clan and voilà, free Forma to build the Clan Dojo. If not used for other purposes.

Obviously, it is not something that Devs would want. (Thanks Captain Obvious.)

However, removing the Forma out of the Market would not be a good idea as players investing money also enjoy their money to be used freely for whatever content they wish for.

A way to counter those people from abusing of the forma would be this following.

Mind you, it's a suggestion, so please, do debate on this.

On the market, there are several weapons that need a certain Rank Level in order to acquire them. Why not making essential items the same way?

You want to purchase Forma, you need to be Rank 5. It's relatively easy to get to.

Or perhaps, Rank 4. I wouldn't put it any lower as Bots would eventually be created and people would try to find a way to alter that in a shape or not.

Please, tell me what you think, it may fix another problem instead of creating one when bringing new ideas to the table for the Warframe community.

Rank limitation is a good idea, especially for something like forma that won't be useful until way later on. However, I think rank 3 will suffice. It already requires more then your current capable levels per weapons and warframe, and would require an amount of work that is simply jus tnot worth it for two forma.

Currently, it's limited by the need to get ferrite and polymer bundle; this may be enough to deter some people, but I am absolutely certain not all.

To summarize, you must limit new accounts in some way so that they cannot contribute forma easily, I initially was thinking rank 3 to join a clan would be a good idea, but this idea to limit forma buying seems a stroke of genius to me.

Or allow only "packs" of 3 to be bought, costing 60 plat. Might limit some legit accounts, but if you're not buying any plat at all, you should be buying warframe and weapon slots, not forma.

This reasoning is flawed in that base warframe and inventory slots should be higher. It's kind of unfair how it works and having to use the bit of platinum you have for something that should be inherent is unfair to the player. (It is a good solution but I don't like how it's based on logic of something that needs to be changed)

Personaly the simple way is make a resource for Dojos (realy the only place an alt account gets use from the forma) that can only be looted from the Void areas (or as awards), ie. a Void Cell for lack of a better term.  The void cell could even be used to construct forma too.

Problem solved, forma is only useful for upgrading warframes/weapons (like catalysts/reactors).  Which logically fits better as why would anyone use a material like Forma that can upgrade warframes or weaponry in such a manner as a building material, its just simply far to valuable for that.

While having a specific void material makes allot of sence as to why it is used in Dojo construction as the Tenno want them to be hidden within the void to avoid easy discovery and destruction by other factions.

There realy is little hard linking between forma and the void.

Edited by Loswaith

I do not think the Rank Requirement should go lower than 4.

Main purpose being that you still have weapons that require that specific rank, such as the Hek.

However, that's just my personal two cents on the matter. I'm mainly throwing the idea out there to see what the Devs will say about that.

As for the pack of 3 Formas for 60 Platinum, it could be an idea. But the "Player" buyer may not necessarily wish to buy three. Particularly if the idea of the smaller clans would affect the Forma required for building the Dojo.

Now, Loswaith, you bring a good point for having materials specific for the Dojo Building, and not multi-purpose. However, it is good to implement something to give the players to think about. A choice between Greed / Power and Team / Progression. Hence why I believe they made it that way.

Warframe is, after all, a game where Players make their story.

Honestly, the pack of them is probably the best solution.  If you're a F2P, you'd best be buying slots anyways.  You're only hurting yourself if you donate forma to the clan when you're low ranking like that, especially if you bought them with plat.

I guess you could try a hybrid where you have the pack of 3 that could be bought with plat immediately or have the other single forma unlocked with rank, but that just seems like it would confuse players and isn't elegant at all.

Or, they could just completely remove forma from dojos in the fist place and just highten the amount of credits needed in the recipe, that way theres no way to build a dojo other than just playing the game. Everyone wins.

On the market, there are several weapons that need a certain Rank Level in order to acquire them. Why not making essential items the same way?

You want to purchase Forma, you need to be Rank 5. It's relatively easy to get to.

Or perhaps, Rank 4. I wouldn't put it any lower as Bots would eventually be created and people would try to find a way to alter that in a shape or not.

Please, tell me what you think, it may fix another problem instead of creating one when bringing new ideas to the table for the Warframe community.

I like your idea Vjorkal, however I would also suggest something further, how about increasing the level cap for each consecutive forma used in the SAME WEAPON,  so that there are no level 5 guys wandering around with ALL 3 WEAPONS with EACH SLOT POLARIZED....   seems a little broken.

Rank          Total No of Forma Per Weapon

5                   1

7                   2

9                   3

And yes this could happen, because once each of your weapons reach level 30 they NO LONGER ADD TO YOUR RANK, regardless of how many forma you add to it.

However this raises the same question that is raging in a few other forums.   Should the addition of a Forma allow you to add another 300 points to your RANK???

I believe that both of these ideas together would add an interesting twist to the game

What do you think?

Or allow only "packs" of 3 to be bought, costing 60 plat. Might limit some legit accounts, but if you're not buying any plat at all, you should be buying warframe and weapon slots, not forma.

Why not a 4 pack for 60.

Better value than present, but cannot be abused.

I like your idea Vjorkal, however I would also suggest something further, how about increasing the level cap for each consecutive forma used in the SAME WEAPON,  so that there are no level 5 guys wandering around with ALL 3 WEAPONS with EACH SLOT POLARIZED....   seems a little broken.

Rank          Total No of Forma Per Weapon

5                   1

7                   2

9                   3

And yes this could happen, because once each of your weapons reach level 30 they NO LONGER ADD TO YOUR RANK, regardless of how many forma you add to it.

However this raises the same question that is raging in a few other forums.   Should the addition of a Forma allow you to add another 300 points to your RANK???

I believe that both of these ideas together would add an interesting twist to the game

What do you think?

Are you saying that the cost for each Polarize would require 1 more Forma after the first time upgrading it?

1 Forma  - First Upgrade

2 Forma  - Second Upgrade

3 Forma  - Third Upgrade

And so on?

I actually think Forma shouldnt cost 20 to begin with. Thats the same as a reactor or catalyst, and considering that they double your mods straight up compared to halving the cost of just one, considering you first need to level to 30 to use it and then level to 30 again, and considering how many is needed for dojos as well I think forma should be 5 or 10 plat tops.

No I much prefer the OP's suggestion of putting a level requirement to buying Forma. Makes much more sense.