The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us The Option To Hide The Syandanas?

(PSN)KrakenUnchained

So OP is asking for an option to hide his/her Arcane'd Syandana's becuase it doesnt fit his/her cosmetic taste or just prefers the look of a non Syadana'd frame, But the only way to use the Arcane'd Syandana is to wear it which changes its use from cosmetic to actual in game modifier forcing him/she to look how he/her doesnt want to.

TL;DR give Arcane'd Syandanas a Hide feature for personal taste in appearance.

I approve this idea.

Sure.

And while we're at it, lets make catalysts, reactors and forma interchangable between frames.

Great idea!

And also while we're at it, let's expand the scope of the conversation to unrelated items, like Immortal or Delux skins!  :D

I want to put the Trinity Skin on my Mag Prime.  DE, do it.  Do it right naow. 

Those things are designed to be used on one item and one item only.  The Arcane Enhancements are designed to not only be put on one item but to be put on an item that can be used on multiple 'frames as well as be removed and put on another item.

Great idea!

And also while we're at it, let's expand the scope of the conversation to unrelated items, like Immortal or Delux skins!  :D

I want to put the Trinity Skin on my Mag Prime.  DE, do it.  Do it right naow. 

Those things are designed to be used on one item and one item only.  The Arcane Enhancements are designed to not only be put on one item but to be put on an item that can be used on multiple 'frames as well as be removed and put on another item.

Yeah, so wear the item you bought.

Or put it on a syandana that you like better that doesn't stand out too much - say, the Telos syandana.

Duh.

You totally missed the point.

But whatever. 

The point is the OP is essentially whining about nothing. He chooses to put Arcanes on for long runs, basically fifteen minutes extra in a T4 survival. He already said he cannot be bothered to change his Arcane to a better Syandana and considering adding this feature would take more time than it would to transfer Arcanes, just shows that this entire thread is a farce.

The point is the OP is essentially whining about nothing. He chooses to put Arcanes on for long runs, basically fifteen minutes extra in a T4 survival. He already said he cannot be bothered to change his Arcane to a better Syandana and considering adding this feature would take more time than it would to transfer Arcanes, just shows that this entire thread is a farce.

Really?

I thought the point OP was making was that they feel pressured into using a cosmetic item they disliked in the first place, just to be able to play the way they wanted, regardless of ability to change which cosmetic their using.

They were pretty clear they didn't like many of the options. 

Which, funnily enough, was the original complaint about the Arcane Helms.

Making them invisible could be a band-aide solution, if DE has any plans on changing them in the near future, but like I posted originally, that's a common feature in many other games.  I don't see an issue with making it a permanent fix, tbh.  

And before you get excited, I agree that it shouldn't be put in if DE is planning on revisiting the Arcane Enhancement system anytime soon, it does create more issues putting band-aides in than just fixing it the first time around, but considering how minor Arcanes are, I don't see DE making them a priority for at least a year.

if you cant see the point then why are you trolling the thread? Op has made his point with simple request and statement, it makes perfect sense.

Buzz buzz fly

It is not a 'simple' request. It would waste the time and energy of dedicated members of DE, who are currently working on bringing us Umbra, Wukong, Nezah, U18 with the new Moon tileset. The Arcane system is laughable right now and plasters are not going to help it or the programmers in the long run. It is a request that will not be granted.

Considering how minor Arcanes are, I don't see DE making them a priority for at least a year.

My point exactly, the Arcanes are a very very minor part of the game, so the OP is making an unnecessary fuss and while it may be a common feature in other games, those games tend to have Cosmetics that offer bonuses to your character in the first place.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

My point exactly, the Arcanes are a very very minor part of the game, so the OP is making an unnecessary fuss and while it may be a common feature in other games, those games tend to have Cosmetics that offer bonuses to your character in the first place.

So why make your players feel forced to use something they don't like, especially when you've already shown that you have the ability to fix it?

You don't have to use the feature, it wouldn't effect you negatively (if you have a bad computer, it may even help) so why would giving this feature be a bad thing?

Totally remove the idea that the OP is too lazy to make changes to a better Syandana, just pretend that's not a factor.  

The point of the matter is that creating bandaids takes more time and then they have to work to undo those bandaids so do not clash with main solution. So it does hurt in many ways, it hurts DE's programmers as they have to code a temporary solution while working out how to get the main problem solved.

It hurts the fan base because bigger updates will take longer to come out.

I honestly have no idea where you are pulling your victim of elitism idea from, no one on here is claiming higher intelligence or rank than any other person.

Edit: Apart from you, as you insulted a player earlier by saying he was trying to look smart by disagreeing, subsequently putting him down while you were on top. So if anyone is being snooty on here, it is you.

No. A simple binary code is nothing for programmers. It's either just 0 or 1. 1 = Syndana appears, 0 = Syndana doesn't appear. Simple as that. You don't know programming but you're assuming it's hard for programmers? Especially in the scale of a game like this, the developers are top of the class.

You see. Disagreeing because you don't like it or arguing because "reasons" even though the OP is being reasonable, that is elitism. Attempting to look smart or trying to outsmart the OP is also elitism. Your statement that this temporary solution will hurt devs is already an attempt to look smart even though that's not really the point since it's a simple binary code. That is called elitism.

Can you honestly say that the Arcanes provide THAT much of a difference? Its a very young idea that DE kind of slapped into the game. They'll develop it into a much better system within the next year or two.

If you'd read any of my other posts, you'd know that I don't use any of the Arcanes.  

My personal experience has no bearing on the fact that with the current set up, some players feel they are pushed into using something they don't want to use.  Period.  The validity of the item has no bearing on that fact, nor does it change the fact that DE has the ability to fix this in a very simple way.  

How much time have you spent around Arcanes, anyway?  

No. A simple binary code is nothing for programmers. It's either just 0 or 1. 1 = Syndana appears, 0 = Syndana doesn't appear. Simple as that. You don't know programming but you're assuming it's hard for programmers? Especially in the scale of a game like this, the developers are top of the class.

You see. Disagreeing because you don't like it or arguing because "reasons" even though the OP is being reasonable, that is elitism. Attempting to look smart or trying to outsmart the OP is also elitism. Your statement that this temporary solution will hurt devs is already an attempt to look smart even though that's not really the point since it's a simple binary code. That is called elitism.

I work with a technology company as a programmer. I am not trying to outsmart anyone. I am telling a simple truth that adding this feature would create a domino affect, with players asking for more updates to the customisation menu and will make it a lot longer than it needs to be. Just you explaining the concept of elitism and insulting peoples intelligence for disagreeing with OP, just proves that you are elitist. "Looks like someones trying to look smart by disagreeing with OP lol." That was completely unnecessary and uncalled-for, but you made the first shot, now you go around saying everybody is elitist for disagreeing.

You assume that I know nothing of programming. I could assume that you just took that data straight from the first Google search you came across. "You do not know programming." That in its very sense reeks of arrogance and elitism. That just makes you a bully.

If you'd read any of my other posts, you'd know that I don't use any of the Arcanes.  

My personal experience has no bearing on the fact that with the current set up, some players feel they are pushed into using something they don't want to use.  Period.  The validity of the item has no bearing on that fact, nor does it change the fact that DE has the ability to fix this in a very simple way.  

How much time have you spent around Arcanes, anyway?  

I didn't say specifically that YOU used the Arcanes. I asked you if you really thought that they made that much of a difference, because you clearly are a knowledgeable person.

I have all of them, the ones I found most useful I max out, the other ones like Arcane Phantasm I just leave sitting in my inventory. Instead of complaining about making cosmetics invisible, why don't we all just wait and see what DE plans to do with the Arcane system next year, which isn't that far off. DE will always come back and try to make old systems better.

I didn't say specifically that YOU used the Arcanes. I asked you if you really thought that they made that much of a difference, because you clearly are a knowledgeable person.

I have all of them, the ones I found most useful I max out, the other ones like Arcane Phantasm I just leave sitting in my inventory. Instead of complaining about making cosmetics invisible, why don't we all just wait and see what DE plans to do with the Arcane system next year, which isn't that far off. DE will always come back and try to make old systems better.

Yes, they do try to make old systems better.  And they get a lo of ideas on how to make the systems  better from threads like this. 

In general, yes they do make a difference.  Take Arcane Vanguard for example - turned Rhino, one of the slowest 'frames in the game, almost as fast as Loki.  How is that not making any difference?  Mag's Arcane helms make a difference, as does Nyx Vespa helm.  (I have no information on the new Arcanes, this is based on my experiences with PUGS and clannies.) 

Regardless of how much of a difference it makes, it's still a difference.  And players will stil use them, and they'll still feel they're being forced to use something they dislike, just for the small difference.  

What else would you suggest?  Instead of making them invisible, what changes would you suggest making that would remove the feeling of being forced to use something you dislike?

What else would you suggest?  Instead of making them invisible, what changes would you suggest making that would remove the feeling of being forced to use something you dislike?

I would make the Arcanes universal, as in they get removed from the cosmetics menu altogether and are given a special space within the warframes themselves, similar to the Exilus mod slots, But they wouldn't require Forma obviously.

I once modded my Loki Prime with Rush, Armored Agility, Sprint boost and an Arcane Phantasm just for the sake of it, and the players in my squads just continuously dodge rolled to match my speed. It was quite funny actually. Most people I've seen just jump and roll their way through maps.

I would make the Arcanes universal, as in they get removed from the cosmetics menu altogether and are given a special space within the warframes themselves, similar to the Exilus mod slots, But they wouldn't require Forma obviously.

I once modded my Loki Prime with Rush, Armored Agility, Sprint boost and an Arcane Phantasm just for the sake of it, and the players in my squads just continuously dodge rolled to match my speed. It was quite funny actually. Most people I've seen just jump and roll their way through maps.

Well, that would solve the issue of versatility at least, as well as remove the need to purchase cosmetics.

While I agree with your idea, I doubt DE would be willing to implement it just due to the loss in plat sales that would result from players no longer buying Syandanas just for Arcanes. 

Well, that would solve the issue of versatility at least, as well as remove the need to purchase cosmetics.

While I agree with your idea, I doubt DE would be willing to implement it just due to the loss in plat sales that would result from players no longer buying Syandanas just for Arcanes. 

How much is it? I forgot how much an average Syandana costs.