Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Kubrow Value Guide

ThorienKELL

Question

I know there are breeders out there who have the kubrow science fully mastered. 

Will some of you guys write few words to remedy all those desperate daily kubrow price checks by newbies? 

Things like;

What breed is most sought after now, what are average prices.

Colors, rare, common, uncommon and their values on specific breed.

Other characteristics like height /bulkyness how much they add. 

Lotus patterns and fur combos. 

Most values /sought for combinations. 

How to check colors. 

Basic price ranges on current market. 

Or link to a page that already has all the mentioned. 

3 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

I found you have to put in a good amount of plat to buy up cheep prints to combine and make better, to start you off, but it's well worth it, I make a nice amount of plat for both me and my partner these days XD (we have spent a good amount of real money on the game too, but hopefully wont need to any more becuase of breeding) 

yeah I have spent 100 $ or so and that after a brief learning of trading and getting cheated has been good I've gotten almost all the special weapons and such but If you ever have time I could use a little advice In how to sell and such pretty much a beginner but I have some good prints 2 good sets but still I don't really know what else there is to know but I figure I should find an experienced breeder before I really go into the market

32 minutes ago, wolfmaster58 said:

yeah I have spent 100 $ or so and that after a brief learning of trading and getting cheated has been good I've gotten almost all the special weapons and such but If you ever have time I could use a little advice In how to sell and such pretty much a beginner but I have some good prints 2 good sets but still I don't really know what else there is to know but I figure I should find an experienced breeder before I really go into the market

sure Pm me if you want help! also check my breeding quide it might help! 

3 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

sure Pm me if you want help! also check my breeding quide it might help! 

k sounds like a plan i need to learn how to breed kubrows and sell before u19 when kavats come out so i can get an idea of the basics and also so i can get a headstart on being a breeder for things like said kavats

11 hours ago, OceanTempest said:

I don't remember exactly where i 1st seen that picture with % before, but the names of colors are suggesting in game naming so i think it's very plausible. If i remember correctly that guy did some sort of datamining it's probably also the origin of the data from other guides. Orange being selled as rare should be considered it's like darker gold, and most people really get the price of those colors 1st from the guides i don't think changing people opinions on that would be so difficult, cuz most of them doesn't even know much about rarity, and even exitence of guides... People sometimes sell brown shades as gold, for the same price. As for the silver, the question is; Does it look different than other grays, and if it does is it actually worth selling as much as gold? I would think more about selling it as navy blue or dark brown.

The reason why colours like orange aren't considered rare, even though they may rarely occur, is because they can be dyed using one of the dye kits from the market. I had one with the orange colour, and the dye equivalent is called "rhino brown". I think the info you found is outdated.

Well the rhino brown is still a completely different color, and it doesn't substitute fully for orange. I don't see why the info should be outdated, because one of the colors is similar to some rare colour. Mirage red is similar to red, lotus purple similar to purple, wyrm blue similar to blue, fomorian grey similar to navy blue, valkyr brown is similar to gold, it doesn't really matter...

Edited by OceanTempest

It doesn't help that it seems like certain colors appear different in the various coat patterns available. Add to that the fact that your ship's lighting color can ALSO skew what a color looks like only adds confusion. Some advice I've seen before that helps with it is to make sure that your ship's lighting color is set to white, and if you can also make as much of the Incubator white or black as well, so reflected colors won't alter appearances. Then screen shot photos to use as comparisons.

Really, though, the only true way to "know" a color is to ensure an accurate sample using the above tips and then get the RGB color values to compare... but that's more work than most people (myself included) are willing to do, and I don't blame them.

1 minute ago, Jeahanne said:

It doesn't help that it seems like certain colors appear different in the various coat patterns available. Add to that the fact that your ship's lighting color can ALSO skew what a color looks like only adds confusion. Some advice I've seen before that helps with it is to make sure that your ship's lighting color is set to white, and if you can also make as much of the Incubator white or black as well, so reflected colors won't alter appearances. Then screen shot photos to use as comparisons.

Really, though, the only true way to "know" a color is to ensure an accurate sample using the above tips and then get the RGB color values to compare... but that's more work than most people (myself included) are willing to do, and I don't blame them.

you learn to be able to identify by eye if you breed enough! but easiest way is to view prints, with all the extra lighting on them turned off....

Just now, morningstar999 said:

you learn to be able to identify by eye if you breed enough! but easiest way is to view prints, with all the extra lighting on them turned off....

Yeah, I just don't breed for color/pattern enough to bother, and I know a lot people just get confused in general

I've been breeding Kubrows off and on since they came out and I've STILL yet to breed a Lotus on my own, for example. I've taken that as a sign that RNG hates me and I'm just giving up on breeding for anything other than size, and even then I'm weird. I prefer small Kubrow to giants. They block less shots.

hey guys! can someone tell me how much this kubrow is worth? ive asked around but cant get a straight answer if this kubrow counts as a double rare, (purple and blue)

http://imgur.com/zBtbNtP 

i want to know if the eye/accent color counts toward this being a double rare kubrow as well as how much plat this would be worth.

Edited by Blazing1Blitz

2 minutes ago, Blazing1Blitz said:

hey guys! can someone tell me how much this kubrow is worth? ive asked around but cant get a straight answer if this kubrow counts as a double rare, (purple and blue)

http://imgur.com/zBtbNtP 

i want to know if the eye/accent color counts toward this being a double rare kubrow as well as how much plat this would be worth.

eye colour has no rarity,  it's skinny, with one rare colour. 

its green/beige/purple. 

you are looking around 150-200p 

1 minute ago, Lanary said:

Greetings.

I need a price check for my kubrow.

http://imgur.com/RF1C5jg

I think he's green, light blue gold but I'm not entirely sure about the gold. It seemed to be closest at least according to the guide.

Other info is that he is a thin Raksha.

Many thanks in advance.

it's orange not gold, he's all common colour and skinny so only worth around 50p or so 

Well now I feel myself a bit silly. At the wiki its color is actually Sargas Brow, but also there doesn't seem to be an actual gold color.

So what is considered as this enigmatic gold that I keep hearing about? Is it Mercury Brown or something else?

Nevertheless; thank you for your guidance.

Hi!

For days i'm looking for a sunika, lotus, bulky, omega... don't care about the colors...

The question is... How much will cost this combination? I'm thinking something about 200~300pl, it's right?

Someone can help me?

Thanks so much!

16 minutes ago, azak said:

Hi!

For days i'm looking for a sunika, lotus, bulky, omega... don't care about the colors...

The question is... How much will cost this combination? I'm thinking something about 200~300pl, it's right?

Someone can help me?

Thanks so much!

Remember that height is going to be random even with Imprints.