Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cyberbullying

Eminem2420

Hey guys, I ran across this article, and I wanted to share it. I will leave the link below, so you can read for yourself. Its about this fanartist that got bullied to the point where she tried to kill herself. I know this isn't about Warframe, but I think this is something that people should be aware of. When you are talking on the internet or the forums or wherever, please take time to think about how your words might affect the person you're directing them to. This should never have to happen to anyone. Please be respectful to one another so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

LINK: http://www.dailydot.com/geek/steven-universe-fanartist-bullied-controversy/

100% guaranteed method of dealing with cyber bullying healthily:

Ignore them and move on.

Sure there's going to be mean people on the internet, but just ignore them and don't respond to them, and then what they're looking for in bullying, a response, is denied to them and they go away. There are better things to do on the internet than get offended by strangers, if someone is being mean, go do something else.

The problem is the Tumblr community itself, the so called Social Justice Warriors, that get triggered over anything unreasonably. They have become a running joke over the internet, but like all people from the internet, they shouldn't be taken serious in any way. That's a common, explicit rule.

In all honesty, I don't see why suicide is an option towards rude comments over the internet. That's a selfish action, which will destroy the people's lives around you, that care for you.

My twitter was filled with this.

Tumblr can either be a goldmine of hilarity or the single most scummiest place on the face of the earth.

It's more of the latter than the former.

tumblr is worse than 4chan, or at least that is what I think.

When you go to 4chan, you are perfectly aware that you are walking into a viper's nest, and everyone else knows it too. When you go to tumblr, people act nice until you "step out of line" or don't believe the same things they do, then they jump down your throat. Not only that, they attack you then somehow twist it around to they were the ones that were hurt by it.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

In all honesty, I don't see why suicide is an option towards rude comments over the internet. That's a selfish action, which will destroy the people's lives around you, that care for you.

Take into account that the girl apparently suffers from a number of disabilities, and that several blogs were made just to take her down.

This wasn't just a couple of rude comments, this was a beatdown on 1 person who drew fanart.

The problem is the Tumblr community itself, the so called Social Justice Warriors, that get triggered over anything unreasonably. They have become a running joke over the internet, but like all people from the internet, they shouldn't be taken serious in any way. That's a common, explicit rule.

This pretty much sums it up nicely. Imo, people who consider suicide JUST on rude comments alone are already kind of messed up as it is. 

The thing is tho, those people from the tumblr community have been gaining traction lately. Like a lotta traction to the point of people actually getting handed awards from HARVARD for doing things like that. I mean these people got a sorority shut down.

this is a very popular misconception. 

how come they bully you online meaning you can just stand up walk away from a computer if you are not able to do that you have other issue's than being bullied  and i don't see a starving child complain about cyber bullying missconseption my 

Edited by N7-CommanderShepard

Take into account that the girl apparently suffers from a number of disabilities, and that several blogs were made just to take her down.

This wasn't just a couple of rude comments, this was a beatdown on 1 person who drew fanart.

Were people critizing her for her disabilities, as well?

I'm not entirely sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this. 

Neither would I, but I don't want my opinion to be seen as disrespectful. I'm very skeptical when it comes to these kinds of stories. There is always some kind of misleading information, or lack thereof. Not to mention that I'm strongly against suicide, regardless. Like I said, there are people who always care for you, in one way or another, and it's, in my opinion, a very egotistical action, regardless of the past.