Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello From Cold, Rainy, And Windy Netherlands !

Ambiroa

Hey all !

Found this game this morning, watched some vids, and the scifi theme sparked my interest, started downloading 10min later :P

Just finished the essential missions, enjoyed them, but also the prep before it confused me a bit. At most times I played alone, but with one, there was another player suddenly joining me. No clue where he came from. Then, after the mission was completed, we actually stayed paired, again, no clue how that happened.

Also, it would have been really nice, if there were UI tutorials in-game, to explain the mission voting, because that is something that I still don't know, which I think could have been explained at the start when the player boards it's ship the first time.

Anyway, first experiences are positive, definitely see myself sharing a large portion of play-time to this game. I like to progress, become better (but not die-hard Chuck Norris better), and definitely interested to play with a team.

Cheers.

PS

Am I the only one who likes to use my melee sword and do CQC, more than using my primary and secondary?

Edited by Ambiroa

Welcome to the game!

The new player experience was updated awhile ago, with the biggest update being 3 big updates ago (which as a lot). That said, it can definitely use improvement, and is on the dev's list of things to do for sure.

Thanks Sage. Is there a definite temporary source about UI, etc, or only those stickies in the forum combined with the wikis? Or if you can answer these:

1. other (non-clan-member) player joining the same mission, we complete the mission, but then according to both my chatwindow and topleft UI menu, he is now a permanent part of my "clan"? I of course get the open squad thing, but the UI gives me a confusing info.

2. I go to a planet, say Mars, find myself a nice-sounding mission, click on it, and then voting starts? Voting for what? Start timer, timer for what? Then suddenly I see green checks, the game starts, and 15sec into game, two more players joined, one of them being a dog ... whuaa ..aa..atttt??? lol

The learning curve is steep i think - unless you ask for a private squad you will be matched with other players, the dog (kubrow) was the other players companion.

The timer just starts the game .. The voting is where you have been matched to other players, or friends youve joined, when everyone says go the game starts.

There is a squad chat, a clan chat if you are in a clan and other chats for trading etc. 

Haha yeah, that learning curveeee. I wish I'd never chose that bow and arrow as my primary. Tried to rank up, but shooting arrows isn't my thing, I enjoy CQC more. Not sure what my other options to rank up are with this Volt.

Another issue I have, I am having problems with finding the exit/evac spot. I like that the maps are fairly big, but without some hints I spend a large amount of time running around because the doors etc all look the same.

Haha yeah, that learning curveeee. I wish I'd never chose that bow and arrow as my primary. Tried to rank up, but shooting arrows isn't my thing, I enjoy CQC more. Not sure what my other options to rank up are with this Volt.

Another issue I have, I am having problems with finding the exit/evac spot. I like that the maps are fairly big, but without some hints I spend a large amount of time running around because the doors etc all look the same.

There should be a green and black flashing icon on your mini map that leads you to extraction.

There should be a green and black flashing icon on your mini map that leads you to extraction.

I see that. What I meant is, sometimes, one needs to go back a bit, because the exit is on a different level and there quite a few dead ends. The moment I go back, I start to get lost and whatever door or hole I go through, it's almost never the one I need to pass to get to the evac point. If you happen to know or play Warface missions, you have 0% chance of getting lost, simply because there are no dead ends, so you reach the evac at the end of the "main" road.

I see that. What I meant is, sometimes, one needs to go back a bit, because the exit is on a different level and there quite a few dead ends. The moment I go back, I start to get lost and whatever door or hole I go through, it's almost never the one I need to pass to get to the evac point. If you happen to know or play Warface missions, you have 0% chance of getting lost, simply because there are no dead ends, so you reach the evac at the end of the "main" road.

Oh!

When the green icon shows up, keep an eye on it as you go.  It does tell you when the levels change via a small white dot on either the top of the icon or the bottom.  If it's on top, go up a level, if it's on the bottom, go down a level. 

Edited by Noamuth

PS

Am I the only one who likes to use my melee sword and do CQC, more than using my primary and secondary?

Nope! I'm loving this as well! You might like Excalibur for brutal takedowns in the middle of an all-out brawl with assured high-damage thanks to Radial Blind, or maybe go for Loki with a stealthier approach. Or if you want to get even more close and personnal, you could be looking forward to make a solid Ash Blade Storm build, and leave whoever is unfortunate enough to not be killed instantly to bleed out to death! And did I mention Valkyr? She is quite the beast in melee too.

Oh!

When the green icon shows up, keep an eye on it as you go.  It does tell you when the levels change via a small white dot on either the top of the icon or the bottom.  If it's on top, go up a level, if it's on the bottom, go down a level. 

Ahhh...oke, will be looking hard to see white dots now haha, cheers!

Nope! I'm loving this as well! You might like Excalibur for brutal takedowns in the middle of an all-out brawl with assured high-damage thanks to Radial Blind, or maybe go for Loki with a stealthier approach. Or if you want to get even more close and personnal, you could be looking forward to make a solid Ash Blade Storm build, and leave whoever is unfortunate enough to not be killed instantly to bleed out to death! And did I mention Valkyr? She is quite the beast in melee too.

Will keep all these frames in mind, when I get to the point of unlocking missions that actually have parts, cheers.

Hey all !

Found this game this morning, watched some vids, and the scifi theme sparked my interest, started downloading 10min later :P

Just finished the essential missions, enjoyed them, but also the prep before it confused me a bit. At most times I played alone, but with one, there was another player suddenly joining me. No clue where he came from. Then, after the mission was completed, we actually stayed paired, again, no clue how that happened.

Also, it would have been really nice, if there were UI tutorials in-game, to explain the mission voting, because that is something that I still don't know, which I think could have been explained at the start when the player boards it's ship the first time.

Anyway, first experiences are positive, definitely see myself sharing a large portion of play-time to this game. I like to progress, become better (but not die-hard Chuck Norris better), and definitely interested to play with a team.

Cheers.

PS

Hello fellow tenno

I hope you're having fun in the game .

you can add as friend in the game and msg when you have any questions

I'm only online in the weekends..

PS

Ik ben Nederlands dus .... xD

Hello fellow tenno

I hope you're having fun in the game .

you can add as friend in the game and msg when you have any questions

I'm only online in the weekends..

PS

Ik ben Nederlands dus .... xD

Will do :)

Hey all !

Cheers.

PS

Welcome to the Warframe community, if you love melee weapons so much I recommend you get your hands on Valkyr as she is the best melee frame in the game

Welcome to the Warframe community, if you love melee weapons so much I recommend you get your hands on Valkyr as she is the best melee frame in the game

I have her helmet, not sure how or when I got the blueprint, but I have it :P I like her because I believe her first ability is this hook, which reminds me of Mortal Kombat's Scorpion. Once I play her and grab a Grineer, will defintely say "Come Over Heeeerreeee !!!" :D

• 3 weeks later...