Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Big Difference Between A Gtx 960 And 760?

izzatuw

I'm currently thinking of getting a 760 and Fallout 4 or get a 960 than save up for a Fallout 4. In Malaysian currency a 960 is 200 bucks more and with that 200 bucks I could buy Fallout 4.

Considering to get the 760 because I'm going to have a 2 month holiday very soon.

My current card is an AMD 7750 1GB.

Edit: I'm really just looking for 60 FPS any settings really. I'm not much of a visual freak as I am a performance seeker

Edited by izzatuw

Your AMD 7750 is about an Nvidia 640/650 equivalent. I have two 670's in SLI and they are starting to show their age. Just saying.

Edit: Typo.

Edit 2: A lot of modern games are CPU bound. You haven't said what CPU your stuck with.

Edited by Kihana

for 1080 gaming, 960 should be enough.

I'm about to build my Skylake PC, and while I'm going all out and buying a 6700k, I'll only buy a 960 with it, myself.

Reason being that it will perfectly hold out until next year, when Pascal arrives. Then go all out with a High-end card.

I guess a 760 will be able to get 60 FPS in FO4 on at least medium-ish settings, if you have a decent CPU and enough RAM. Still, it's getting old. I've got a 760 and will probably upgrade when the next batch of GPUs comes out. For now, the only worthwhile game it has real trouble running at good enough settings is The Witcher 3. However, what "good enough" means is also subjective, because mine can still get stable 30 FPS in TW3 on High/Ultra. Aditionally, we just don't know, because FO4 isn't out yet, so no one has a real idea of how it'll perform on PC.

I'd wait until FO4 is out before upgrading, just to know for sure. Right now, anything people tell you is an educated guess at best and it sounds like you don't have money to waste.