Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recessing Economic System

Abl77215

Just a shallow and unevidenced observation during my little trans-regional peddling life.

Observation:

(1) A declining tendency of certain goods in several regions is observed: of Dual Kamas Prime and Trinity Prime; of Syndicate augments, secondaries, primaries; of popular Prime items like Soma Prime.

(2) Periodic items of void trader such as Prisma, Wraith and Vandal weapons and Primed mods have their prices more stable and keep prime junks' as well.

(3) "High-end" items like Arcane Enhancement are still doing not-bad in terms of sale and price.

Hypothesis:

(1) Active population could not support production of current community which is consisting of persistent items mainly.

(2) Inadequate new players enter Warframe to boost the new need of lower-tier item.

(3) The labor force invested into producing process fail to be turned into reasonable reward.

Suggestion:

(1) Change the focus of production (reward from syndicate standing & ducats from void run) into higher-needed goods, preferably consumables. For example, catalyst, reactor and forma.

(2) More long-term achievement is needed (other than Arcane Enhancement).

(3) Out of thoughts already.

Edited by Abl77215

Trade chat being a cess pit and people rather shredding their parts for ducats than putting up with said cess pit might have something to do with it. 

Sorry that you hae problems comunicating whit othere players - some of us however have no such problem.

As for the OP. Over supplie and limited demand like you said is quite the problem. However i cant see DE making patatos drop from voids as it will destroy a huge plat sink.

However - a "timed" consumables maybe a good salution. An item you get that last for lets say 1-3 days giving you some positive benefit ( aka more mele, ranged or power dmg ect ). Something that you need to keep refarming.

Just a shallow and unevidenced observation during my little trans-regional peddling life.

Observation:

(2) Periodic items of void trader such as Prisma, Wraith and Vandal weapons and Primed mods have their prices more stable and keep prime junks' as well.

Observation:

You can't place a price tag on something you can't trade in the 1st place.

Mkay. All I see in terms of a 'tendency on trade chat' is mostly that new items or anything Baro has put up in the past weeks has a periodic surge of interest, along with the vaulted stuff or event-based mods. Those things become overpriced fast because there is more demand than there is offer. All the rest is farmable and could go for any price any day of the week, it all just depends on buyer/seller chemistry there. I know this because I can buy rare prime parts for as much as 70p, or I can find a reasonable trader and get it for half the amount or less.

Arcanes... yeah. You can farm those, so non-issue in my book, if its too pricy you don't buy them, if the market is saturated with them you lose your reason to farm raids. No matter how you twist it, you don't NEED trade. You USE trade. So use it however you like, it's what everyone else does and it works just fine.

Sorry that you hae problems comunicating whit othere players - some of us however have no such problem.

As for the OP. Over supplie and limited demand like you said is quite the problem. However i cant see DE making patatos drop from voids as it will destroy a huge plat sink.

However - a "timed" consumables maybe a good salution. An item you get that last for lets say 1-3 days giving you some positive benefit ( aka more mele, ranged or power dmg ect ). Something that you need to keep refarming.

Oops, Ive missed the words '"ducats from" void run'.

Its true that crafted potato should be one of main revenue point of DE in this game.

What if the ducat-bought version is "weakened" duplicate which only increase mod capacity for, like, 1.5x? A "timed" version (produced with post-war technology which would "overload" and "die out" after certain period of time)? Or, weakened and timed version but owning different slot with normal potato?

The introduction of ducat-bought potato might bring competition on flow of prime junks, pushing more platium potential purchase (hopefully).

P.S. For potatos, actually I think "timed" potato is a more profitable means on market, tho it would ruin the company image for sure.

Observation:

You can't place a price tag on something you can't trade in the 1st place.

Some of them were brought in by void trader already, i think.

Mkay. All I see in terms of a 'tendency on trade chat' is mostly that new items or anything Baro has put up in the past weeks has a periodic surge of interest, along with the vaulted stuff or event-based mods. Those things become overpriced fast because there is more demand than there is offer. All the rest is farmable and could go for any price any day of the week, it all just depends on buyer/seller chemistry there. I know this because I can buy rare prime parts for as much as 70p, or I can find a reasonable trader and get it for half the amount or less.

Arcanes... yeah. You can farm those, so non-issue in my book, if its too pricy you don't buy them, if the market is saturated with them you lose your reason to farm raids. No matter how you twist it, you don't NEED trade. You USE trade. So use it however you like, it's what everyone else does and it works just fine.

Um,,, thats right. Maybe it is the game itself become more reptitive and boring.

Edited by Abl77215

Some of them were brought in by void trader already, i think.

Baro also brought prisma sigil, prisma cosmetics, prisma fully built sentinel and a noggle, you are not going to tell me that such things are tradable are you?

Vandal and wraith weapons are untradable, baro or no baro.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

If your first response is  an ad hominem attack I wonder who the guy with the "communications problem"  here really is?

Observation:

(1) A declining tendency of certain goods in several regions is observed: of Dual Kamas Prime and Trinity Prime; of Syndicate augments, secondaries, primaries; of popular Prime items like Soma Prime.

(3) "High-end" items like Arcane Enhancement are still doing not-bad in terms of sale and price.

Hypothesis:

(1) Active population could not support production of current community which is consisting of persistent items mainly.

(2) Inadequate new players enter Warframe to boost the new need of lower-tier item.

(3) The labor force invested into producing process fail to be turned into reasonable reward.

Suggestion:

(1) Change the focus of production (reward from syndicate standing & ducats from void run) into higher-needed goods, preferably consumables. For example, catalyst, reactor and forma.

(2) More long-term achievement is needed (other than Arcane Enhancement).

(3) Out of thoughts already.

Lets look at these things one by one: (DE wtf is up with the formatting)

Observation:

Trinity prime was never going to be a high selling frame. Dual kamas wont be either until we get a proper stance for them. syndicate augments still sell for about 20-30p. the only really good secondary that has come from the void has been the lex prime, other than that non primed secondaries out dps them. I saw a guy asking to buy the soma prime for 1.4k today.

Prisma weapons are the only tradable weapons. Primed mods do still sell well because, limited time, limited supply.

3) "High-end" items like Arcane Enhancement are still doing not-bad in terms of sale and price.

that depends greatly, for example I can sell prime parts that I farm for pretty easily. however arcanes from hek raid are not worth very much anymore other than arcane grace and avenger.

Edited by evil_m3nace