Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Ult: Team Stealth

Tyroki

The Loki used to have one of the best ult's in the game, back when it could disarm bosses (bar Jackal. Damn you Jackal!) Obviously that was horribly overpowered and turned every other boss in to a joke. A nerf was needed and delivered. Unfortunately the needed nerf made Radial Disarm utterly meh in comparison to the existing Warframes. Then even better warframes were released, and Radial Disarm was left in the dust. So what can be done to make it more useful and interesting?

Team Stealth.

The clan I'm in and I have been discussing this since I suggested it earlier, and while we don't have specifics, we think that Team Stealth would be far more interesting than Radial Disarm. How it works and the benefits given I also am unsure on. One possibility that I can think of is making it work just like Invisibility, giving your team a melee buff while stealthed. Sure it would just be Mass Invisibility, but that comes with it's own utility. Do you use invisibility (which will hopefully be cheaper by then) on yourself to deal with that one guy or for solo runs, or do you Mass Invisibility to help your team take out a sizeable group?

If Loki is going to be a stealthy utility class as it currently is, it may as well stick to that.

Edited by Tyroki

This defies the concept for Loki being a trickster who's main ability is to use distractions to evade and slaughter, he's not really a "team" player so much as his abilities can be used to help the team occasionally.

Radial Disarm vs Corpus + Volt's Overcharge = awesome.

This defies the concept for Loki being a trickster who's main ability is to use distractions to evade and slaughter, he's not really a "team" player so much as his abilities can be used to help the team occasionally.

Radial Disarm vs Corpus + Volt's Overcharge = awesome.

Or you can just use volt's overcharge.....

Anyway +1 for team stealth. Loki needs something and I believe that THIS is the something. I believe the only trick for it, would be so it's not abused to stealth run through missions or make potential stealth missions....too easy.

Another idea is for radial disarm to also stun enemies, or make radial disarm the largest AoE in the game.

Edited by Mast3rr

Loki - named after a trickster god.

Solution is simple: radial disarm now issues all enemies with funny hats and/or giant shoes. All enemies suffer a chance to laugh hysterically at their own allies, or fall over (replete with banana-slipping whistle sound).

I mean c'mon...who here doesn't want to see a Moa in clown shoes?

My suggestion:

You know how Nyx makes enemies target allies of theirs?

How about Loki puts a hologram in front of an enemy which aggros others to shoot it, but it switches who it is on with every (arbitrary) 5 hits or so, causing havoc amongst the ranks and a valuable distraction for allies to AND Loki to get some hits in.

It fits his theme, it is easier to program due to the repurposing of existing effects. Simple but effective, no?

Edited by GraalOhOtonami

My suggestion:

How about Loki puts a hologram in front of an enemy which aggros others to shoot it, but it switches who it is on with every (arbitrary) 5 hits or so, causing havoc amongst the ranks and a valuable distraction for allies to AND Loki to get some hits in.

It fits his theme, it is easier to program due to the repurposing of existing effects. Simple but effective, no?

I like this suggestion. the thing that gets me about the whole team randomly turning invisible, is it'd be just like the place swapper. some of these buffs are very confusing in the instant to the other players.

Is lokis ult even a problem? You can make it cost like 68 energy i think with streamline and the helmet. Its a permanent effect too. I hope when they introduce the new ancient models, disarm chops there arms off. They only problem with it is its range. I feel like It should be somewhere between sonar and sound quake, right now it seems to be in the sub 20 meter range.

My suggestion:

Actually I've been thinking more or less the same thing. Nyx's Chaos seems to fit the theme of Loki quite well, down to the holographic projections of the tenno appearing over the heads of those effected.

My suggestion:

I think this would essentially turn Loki's ult into Nyx's 1 ? And the only reason it would be easy to program is because this already exists.

Loki's ult isn't quite powerful on its own, but it's extremely effective when combined with another power.

When you cast Radial Disarm, it will force most enemies to use melee as well as stagger them for a few seconds.

When they stagger, they de-aggro everything, and in that time you could easily throw a decoy that all of them will turn around and aggro.

Since they're stuck with melee, they'll clump up on the decoy real quickly, like shooting fish in a barrel if you have a rifle, shotgun, whatever

Or you can go invisible while they're staggered and get to work meleeing

Or Radial Disarm then Decoy right into an ally's ult, which is hilariously effective.

Is lokis ult even a problem? You can make it cost like 68 energy i think with streamline and the helmet. Its a permanent effect too. I hope when they introduce the new ancient models, disarm chops there arms off. They only problem with it is its range. I feel like It should be somewhere between sonar and sound quake, right now it seems to be in the sub 20 meter range.

Loki's disarm should chop everyone's arms off, just to troll the enemies.  I mean come on, Loki was a Norse god, I'm sure he chopped a few limbs as a joke at some point.

only change RD needs is an effect to ancients

i mean it even disarms stuff like grineer heavy units , so it cant be just because it would be too good

also runners will still just explode and leapers are BARELY effected by their limploss

maybe cripple the ancients arms so that they have far less range and chop off runners and leapers legs , making them crawler-alikes

but against corpus and grineer it's already one of the best ultimates

sure you can argue that aoe killing is better than aoe disarming ,but then again , how many damage ultimates will it take to killl a level 150 grineer heavy unit?

Team stealth sounds amazing!

Make it work over extremely long distances as well like Trinity's Blessing, so it's a team-panic skill to help out a team mate in peril or diffuse extremely dangerous situations!

To balance it, shooting will break this stealth naturally, so it's mostly used for stealth runs and strategic repositioning!

Definitely send this to Grineeer as a PM, since he asked for ideas to improve or replace his Ultimate!

Loki's disarm should chop everyone's arms off, just to troll the enemies.  I mean come on, Loki was a Norse god, I'm sure he chopped a few limbs as a joke at some point.

It does to Infested, causes huge damage to Chargers and Crawlers, a slight amount to Leapers, and doesn't really affect Runners at all besides the stagger.

Team stealth is not a very appealing idea because he already has invisibility and it would be pointless if you were soloing.

Radial disarm is not bad, but I think they should add more to it. Maybe it could have emp like qualities. Have it empty enemy shields and cause them to stagger as well as disarming them. Have it blow up missiles or abilities mid-flight. Disable enemy abilities for a short time, like the heavy's ground punch or any bosses attack abilities.

Or... keep loki with trickster skills and add a real team stealth warframe.

But i would like a AoE buff on radial disarm... or even a propagation effect, making enemies lose weapons when near X already disarmed enemies.

Well, it really needs more to it.

But we did find that in Tier 3 towers, Radial Disarm is just downright useful in neutering heavy gunners.

It has some nice touches (like neutering Osprey and turning them in to little sliding cockroaches), but just needs more to it.

Team Stealth could be an added component.

As suggested earlier, if anyone who is invisible attacks, they break it. This would allow you to semi neuter enemies, and allow your team a momentary breather.

Edited by Tyroki

Personally, as a long-time Loki fanboy, I think his ult is fine as is because some of the suggestions here are to add things that it already does. Specifically, Radial Disarm disables special abilities like the heavy Grineer's blast, disruption on ancients, shielding on Ospreys as well as Roller and Osprey's method of locomotion. That's right, Rollers stop rolling (they still move, slowly, but can't stun anymore) and Ospreys fall out of the sky.

That combined with it's huge AoE makes it a great way to disable entire rooms of enemies in a hilarious and tricksterish way.

"Now you have to fight fair with me, but you forgot, I don't fight fair..."-Loki

If there was to be a change, it really should make it so the updated ult is at least a utility ability that can be used creatively. A team stealth doesn't fit the bill here, it's uses are too simple.

Edit: I also like the idea of this being applied to the Banshee instead as the guy above me said.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

perhaps loki's radial disarm can leave enemy to be stun for few seconds and lowering enemies armor rating. then people can attack them dealing more damage  than ever. visually, the grineer will wear a thinner armor and corpus walker will look like skeleton-legged robot or something like that.