Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Player Made Fomorians

(PSN)Harbinger1997

To see a possible design interface, please visit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LKI9hPIl90PKUa9_UUeCLKAiK25oYL4DplrW_Zzb6nI/edit?usp=sharing

If you have questions, do not understand, or can make a more elaborate example (opening/closing plate armored hangar bay) please feel free to respond

These are just several diagrams of possible controls, if you have a more elaborate example, please feel free to post it

Several have messaged me with inquiries of possible resource requirements, therefore, I should probably state that save for Alloy plate to form armor, and Oxium for much of its framework, I have not listed that which it would require; yet it would likely depend on whether you decided to steal a reactor from the Grineer, or build a stronger, smaller one yourself (Argon crystals). Main battery segments are housed in a cage of Framework segments, and can only be placed in a large cavity at least 10 meters in circumference; yet I have not decided precisely what it would be composed of. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to say something about it.

In essence, resources required, depends on the type of Fomorian, and the thickness of its armor.

Why adopt Grineer technology that can fail when Formorian Disruptors are a thing? I'd be on the train of logic with Tenno creating battleship-class warships, but for deployment of massive amounts of Archwings to destroy a Solar Rail.

In essence, battleships would be the target of the defending forces (a sabotage mission to destroy the ship's core with specters defending the inside) and the solar rails would become the target of Archwing sabotage.

But why should we even be fighting each other? Doesn't the Lotus preach that we all work togerher as one family? Hence why a lot of lore-lovers hate Teshin, like myself.

Another thing I should mention: the use of Grineer technology, is indeed something the Tenno are unlike to do; yet to improve its design with technology stolen from the void...

A note on the amount of reactors allowed, and their placement:

Reactors can either be crafted, or (the more efficient route) stolen from players' drydocks along with nearly complete or fully built Fomorians, or, stolen from the Grineer during a Hijack mission, and modified with Argon Crystals afterward. The Reactors determine 1) how many main batteries you can have 2) how quickly your main battery can recharge and fire 3) how many external turrets can be placed (I will develop diagrams for how turrets are placed in a later post) 4) how many rooms can be constructed 5) how many specters can be deployed/created 6) how many joints/ moving parts your ship can have (i.e how many hangar doors and blast shields).

The number of Reactors one can place, is determined by 1) the amount of space inside a chamber walled off with the bendable piping used to shape your Fomorian's framework 2) the number of power nodes nearby (minimum of four, resemble a gold/white version of those inside a formorian reactor chamer. Space, is the most limiting factor, as creating an extraordinarily large Formorian, would be rather unwieldy

Intead of Formians why not just decent sized ships that new a group of maybe 20 or so at most. not as strong as what you say but a lot more viable and can if used against formians win due to speed  And maybe instead be like some type of other hangout for us . Or we build a couple of our own version of the formians to guard the relays, and they can be hung out on or defended from being invaded?

Intead of Formians why not just decent sized ships that new a group of maybe 20 or so at most. not as strong as what you say but a lot more viable and can if used against formians win due to speed  And maybe instead be like some type of other hangout for us . Or we build a couple of our own version of the formians to guard the relays, and they can be hung out on or defended from being invaded?

Another idea to add to that; feel free to shoot it down, just please hear me out first.

I do not enjoy the concept of limits, but understand why they are necessary; all the same, consider this: Bill Gates has constructed 100,000 Fomorians, and decides to bring them all in at once; yet, for every additional fomorian, your fleet renders a certain distance farther than the target, to avoid forcing the servers to commit Seppuku; allowing the Rail (which so long as the communications array is intact, will summon Cruisers as you described), to unleash its own fleets and anti Fomorian weaponry, to demolish your fleet while you try to close in; therefore, there is no limit as to those you can build, nor bring in to combat, but it is unwise to bring more than one.

Additionally, the Cruisers may be able to be viewed RTS style in the War room, which displays all your assets, and allows you to select Cruiser x and specters y, then select a target; through the same sort of programming that gives Pherliac Pods a greater threat value than players, so to, unless otherwise selected, the Cruisers and Specters will automatically target the Battery or Reactor; if you target something else, it is similar to dropping a Pherliac Pod there; they will now perceive whatever was selected, as a greater threat, and automatically attack the pre-programmed weak points such as cannons and engines.

Personally, I do not disagree with the idea of using Fomorians as guards, and the Lotus will supply massive, heavily armed and armored versions to protect her relays and children from rogue Tenno, and so to, can a player design Fomorians that are incredibly strong, yet cannot move; using them as guards rather than assailants.

While there is no limit to the amount of Cruisers or Specters you can bring in, there is a limit as to how many your Fomorian can carry, and the larger a hangar becomes, the more Reactors you need to power the Fomorian; thus, most that are little more than spawn pods, will be guardians as well, since they cannot move with any amount of speed, no matter how dire their situation is.

Additionally, the means by which Fomorians are repaired, is something I never mentioned; I will develop some diagrams for this as well. Briefly, repair consists of activating a node within a damaged (but not destroyed) segment, then donating resources much as one would, to construct a room or object

Moreover, when a Fomorian or Cruiser is damaged, you can either eject the wounded segment before it damages your craft further, or attempt to repair it. When under heavy fire, neither may find much success, yet ejected segments do not immediately vanish, and may be used as cover for smaller craft including arcwings and Cruisers of lower classes as well as a momentary barrier between critical parts of your ship, and enemy fire.

Infiltration of the Fomorians/Cruisers: one can either build custom landing craft or use market blueprints (larger versions of the Liset that hold multiple Tenno; a craft between the scale of an Arcwing and a Cruiser); these can be deployed alongside or within Fomorians/ main craft, and each will have its own power set, like the various Arcwings.

Once these ships reach the Fomorian, they can either 1) land atop the ventilation shafts, which lead to the reactor; without these, the Fomorian will overheat. The landing craft then dispel the shielding, allowing its passengers to target the grating below; these can be sealed with several doors, which must be hacked, yet, if the larger ship fires its main battery, the vents will open; releasing a heated gust of steam that kills any nearby.

Infiltration of the Fomorians/Cruisers: one can either build custom landing craft or use market blueprints (larger versions of the Liset that hold multiple Tenno; a craft between the scale of an Arcwing and a Cruiser); these can be deployed alongside or within Fomorians/ main craft, and each will have its own power set, like the various Arcwings.

Once these ships reach the Fomorian, they can either 1) land atop the ventilation shafts, which lead to the reactor; without these, the Fomorian will overheat. The landing craft then dispel the shielding, allowing its passengers to target the grating below; these can be sealed with several doors, which must be hacked, yet, if the larger ship fires its main battery, the vents will open; releasing a heated gust of steam that kills any nearby.

Once inside, the players can either destroy key parts of the reactor, or charge to the command bridge, and seize control by slaying the pilots, and turning the ship on its fellows.

This, is where the placement of defensive turrets and laser weaponry like the various void traps, comes in.

Attacker vs Defender perks

As an Attacker, one has the ability to use Fomorian Hangar segments to continuously deploy Cruisers and Specters until destroyed. There is a marked delay between deployments.

Attacking Tenno earn Battle Points for every foe destroyed, which can then be spent on a momentary upgrade to one's ship, or a quick repair. Additional perks include the use of player manned Capital Ships (Cruisers) and landing craft.

As a Defender, one's communication array will consistently call in Cruisers the moment one is destroyed, until enemy fire or sabotage destroys it.

Defending Tenno earn Battle Points for every foe destroyed, and every successful defense of their rail (successfully fought off players attempting to destroy the reactor)

Additional perks also include manned Capital Ships, and landing craft, as well as Anti Fomorian weaponry, and (if the defender does not use Fomorians) a chance that Lotus herself will bring the massive Salvation to aid in defense against the dark Tenno. Battle Points can be spent by defenders, to call Lotus in, if she has not spawned, and to repair her ship, if it is damaged. Additional uses of Battle Points include granting Overshields to one's allies, or increasing their damage, or adding a slow power/health regen effect whose time is proportional to points spent.

This concept is theoretical, and is not entirely necessary to the use of Player Made Fomorians

http://goo.gl/forms/386OaS4FTc

I've said just about all that I can insofar as the creation of Player Made Fomorians is concerned. If you have any more questions comments or concerns, please feel free to post them, and please respond to the above survey with your decision as to whether in your opinion, Player Made Fomorians should be added. If your response is negative, please explain in the forum below

This actually is a really unique idea for PvP. Maybe the tenno cannot create exact replicas of the Fomorian's but like there own version's kinda like our relay's but weaponized. Would also deter our relays from constantly being bombarded. Potentially, the only issue I see with this is that it would feel for some players who do not play PvP  like they were forced to play pvp for the awesome rewards that would come from this. But seeing as we just got conclave only skins. I don't see how that could be a real complaint.