Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignored The Game Up Until A Week Or Two Ago

TwistedKestrel

New player here, Warframe has been on my radar since it was in development (and I vaguely remember the founder's packs being announced) but I didn't think much of it at the time. Screenshots and small snippets of gameplay from the early game didn't really grab me either...

...it's really hard to believe the game I just started playing is the same thing I was looking at. I realize DE has been developing the game pretty hard even after it released, but man. I guess everybody knows everything that I could say about it, but I will say this - what really, truly sold me on it were the Orokin Void missions. They look amazing, the architecture is interesting, and I love the easter egg hunting mechanic of trying to find all the hidden loot. Maybe that gets old after you've run them 200 times? Truly stunned how good a F2P game looks.

So hi! What things do you think new players should focus on to get the most out of the game?

Have fun, that's what counts. Don't feel pressured into buying plat, the game is fully doable for free, use your starting platinum only for buying inventory slots and just play whatever the hell you want, there are too many people playing this game hardcore "meta" or nothing :/

Also if you have any questions feel free to ask pretty much any vet, they will most likely answer it as fast and as well as they can ^.^

What things do you think new players should focus on to get the most out of the game?

Progress at your own pace. There's so much to do in-game, but if you stress it out in power leveling some things, you'll just burnout as I've seen many, many people do.

If you get a 50% or 75% discount on plat, I recommend buying at least 2000p. Makes the game a lot more fun when you have plat. 

First, spend it on slots, colors, a syandana, reactors and catalysts when you know what the best weapons are and what frames you want to play.

Know that all gear in the game can be crafted, dont buy any weapons and frames through the market (maybe Carrier - best sentinel + its cheap).

Have fun, that's what counts. Don't feel pressured into buying plat, the game is fully doable for free, use your starting platinum only for buying inventory slots and just play whatever the hell you want, there are too many people playing this game hardcore "meta" or nothing :/

Also if you have any questions feel free to ask pretty much any vet, they will most likely answer it as fast and as well as they can ^.^

Roger - I've heard that advice before, and coming from other F2P games AND going by how many frames & weapons there are, slots seem like the best idea. Also I don't mind buying premium currencies or bundles if I think the game is good (more or less equate it to buying the game, devs have to eat), just have to be careful about buying things with $$ that are not actually scarce or useful

If you get a 50% or 75% discount on plat, I recommend buying at least 2000p. Makes the game a lot more fun when you have plat. 

First, spend it on slots, colors, a syandana, reactors and catalysts when you know what the best weapons are and what frames you want to play.

Know that all gear in the game can be crafted, dont buy any weapons and frames through the market (maybe Carrier - best sentinel + its cheap).

Also sounds good. I wonder how seriously players take the bling in the game (because there is a lot of it!) Not that I think its bad... it is kinda funny how obvious the visual difference is between someone new like me and someone who's been at it for a while. And I've actually built a Carrier already! Accidentally smoked it a few times crouching under Death Orbs, hah

New player here, Warframe has been on my radar since it was in development (and I vaguely remember the founder's packs being announced) but I didn't think much of it at the time. Screenshots and small snippets of gameplay from the early game didn't really grab me either...

...it's really hard to believe the game I just started playing is the same thing I was looking at. I realize DE has been developing the game pretty hard even after it released, but man. I guess everybody knows everything that I could say about it, but I will say this - what really, truly sold me on it were the Orokin Void missions. They look amazing, the architecture is interesting, and I love the easter egg hunting mechanic of trying to find all the hidden loot. Maybe that gets old after you've run them 200 times? Truly stunned how good a F2P game looks.

So hi! What things do you think new players should focus on to get the most out of the game?

Having fun is what you should focus on. Your post reminds me of the old saying "never judge a book by its cover." haha, anyway, welcome to Warframe, Tenno!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! To get the most out of the game, I suggest you find a clan having members with whom you enjoy playing; this can help make or break any game for players. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to play or need some help.