Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Do With My 3D Printer

Coatduck

Ebay...please... I want an excalibur Prime noggle it's as close as I'll ever get unless I buy an account(which I won't) don't crush my dreams.....

Sorry, selling warframe merch violates DE's intellectual property, and opens me up to lawsuits. Trust me, I already asked.

I wonder if you could pose and 3D print a warframe model.

I've asked this of a few modellers and gotten absolutely nowhere. There is very little interest in using the warframe models to print statues because most of their details are painted on, not sculpted. To get detailed prints we need the original models DE has.

That, or you can use the existing textures as a kind of "stamp" to stamp in all that detail, then do a little cleanup manually. Then maybe you'd have to rig the model again to pose it. Seems like it's too much work for anyone to give it a try (at least not for free).

It's too bad, 3D printers have been around for a while now, and fans are learning how to sculpt in 3D more and more, but no one is freaking making or releasing detailed models to let us print our favorite characters. I thought we would have fans uploading sculpts by now, but no dice.

Edited by DarkTails

I've asked this of a few modellers and gotten absolutely nowhere. There is very little interest in using the warframe models to print statues because most of their details are painted on, not sculpted. To get detailed prints we need the original models DE has.

That, or you can use the existing textures as a kind of "stamp" to stamp in all that detail, then do a little cleanup manually. Then maybe you'd have to rig the model again to pose it. Seems like it's too much work for anyone to give it a try (at least not for free).

It's too bad, 3D printers have been around for a while now, and fans are learning how to sculpt in 3D more and more, but no one is freaking making or releasing detailed models to let us print our favorite characters. I thought we would have fans uploading sculpts by now, but no dice.

Aren't the gary mods for warframe 3d sculpted? Im new to so apologies if i just a fool out of myself.

Aren't the gary mods for warframe 3d sculpted? Im new to so apologies if i just a fool out of myself.

Some detail is sculpted, a lot of it, like all the scarring, pitting, and weathering, AKA: everything that makes the model look alive, is painted. That all has to be physically re-added.

IIRC there's a way to bake the bump maps into a model. Should be easy