Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Nooby Questions

nitroxidezz

Question

Q1: How do I mod for high level corrupted enemies?

Q2: Can I use my kraken to build my kulstar if it is my only secondary wep?

Q3: Where is the best place to farm for T3-T4 Keys?

Q4: Should I be using only 3 warframes for the factions or spend plat to get more slots?

Q5: Can you recommend a way to level up weapons faster?

Thank you for answering, it helps alot and I appreciate it!

7 answers to this question

Q4: Should I be using only 3 warframes for the factions or spend plat to get more slots?

1: High Level Corrupted Enemies usually are modded for by either High Crit Damage, or Corrosive Status, to remove armor.

2: I would suggest buying a Lato or something in the meanwhile, to prevent it denying you building your weapon. (AKA: No, it will not allow you to)

3: T3 keys are best farmed from high level content, such as Ceres or Pluto.

(T4 Keys can only be farmed from Interception missions throughout the Solar Chart.)

They can also be found from Syndicate Void Key Packs, although the price does not justify the reward.

4: I personally think it's up to you. I like to have all the frames in case I'm needed for another role, or I feel like utilizing my weapons in a different way.

5: Endless missions help, or if you have an affinity booster, Spy Missions help. I was told that if you do all 3 undetected, Your weapon goes from 0-18 or something along those lines.

Viral procs will cut hp in half. have your whole team stack corrosive projection (reduces their armor to 0)

Q1: What they said.

Q2: Again, see above responses.

Q3: Another good place to farm T3 keys is excavation missions on earth, as the enemy levels are pretty low so its easy to get multiple keys per mission. Earth excavation missions are also more populated than most other system nodes, I've found, so you're more likely to get a squad to help you out.

As was already mentioned, the only place to get T4 keys is interception missions. T4 Capture, Exterminate, Mobile Defense, and Sabotage drop on missions missions where enemy levels start roughly between 10-20(Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, etc) whereas T4 Defence, Interception, and Survival keys drop on missions where enemy levels start above 20(Pluto, Ceres, Uranus, etc)

Q4: This really depends on how many frames you want to have, however, it is beneficial to have more warframes for the following reasons:

1) while the number of revives allotted to your warframes is set at 4, each warframe's revival count is independent of eachother, meaning that a player with 5 warframes has more total revives they can burn through than a player with 2 warframes. Or put another way, the more warframes you have, the more warframes you have to switch to if your current warframe is out of revives(note that the revival mechanic is likely to be changed in the future, but until then, the point remains).

2) There are a few warframes that many consider "must-haves" in certain mission types. For example, Nekros' Desecrate ability makes survival missions much easier because life support packs are among the extra loot that can be desecrated. Frost's Bubble can protect the cryopod from enemy fire in defense missions. Trinity is welcome pretty much everywhere for her health and energy restoration abilities but especially in the trial mission types. While many players are pretty lax about who brings what, there are others who won't invite you to their squad unless you have a specific warframe they're looking for.

3) Mastery Rank. the more weapons and warframes you level up, the more XP you'll get for your mastery rank. In order to get certain weapons(such as the Dragon Nikana) and other perks(such as being able to fight certain bosses), you must be at a certain mastery rank. Atm mastery rank 8 should be sufficient to get you access to pretty much everything. While it is possible to level up your mastery rank with the default amount of warframe and weapon slots you're given, you'll inevitably be forced to sell your weapons and warframes in order to make room for more weapons and warframes to level.

Q5: As stated above, endless missions are a good way to level up your weapons. Dark sectors in particular are helpful because they have affinity bonuses. Among the endless missions, I've found Defense missions to be more efficient than survival, but survival can still be good if you stay awhile. High level Interception missions are arguably the best way to level weapons, provided your squad can kill a lot of enemies in a short amount of time(this is one of the reasons draco is so popular).

Lastly I'll mention that the affinity you receive is split up between all of your gear, even if that gear is already max level(30). This being the case, the less weapons and companions you have equipped, the more affinity will be given to the weapon you're leveling. Ideally, you should only have your warframe and the weapon you're leveling equipped, but it might be a good idea to have a strong weapon equipped as well for emergency situations.

1. Corrosive is the primary one you want to use, unless you have a group with 4 copies of the Corrosive projection aura active. In that case Viral. Heat is also a good element to help kill things there.

2. I don't believe so. I think you need to have one weapon for each equip slot at all times. Might be mistaken.

3. T3s are a common reward for Excavation missions, B rotation of ANY excavation mission is a T2 or T3 key. T4 keys come exclusively from Interception missions. Different levels of interception drop different keys. Usually, my go-to place are Draco, Ceres and Berehynia, Sedna are where I go to get keys.

4. Slots are THE BEST thing you can ever spend platinum on. At some point, I;d make iot a goal to expand your inventory to hold all the frames, and at least the weapons you like.

5. A lot of people like to run interception mission, specifically Draco, to level quickly.

I'm fairly new to Warframe, playing for couple of months, so this is my take on your questions.

Ad Q1: Corrosive + Cold damage / Fire damage seems to be most commonly agreed combination of elemental mods. Most builds also focus on elemental damage, status or crit chance. Very rarely you focus on improving physical damage of the weapon.

Ad Q3: Triton, Neptune, is great place to farm T2 and T3 keys along with rare fusion cores.This is excavation mission, which is best done with a warframe with good CC or defensive abilities. I personally do it with Frost whose Snow Globe is great for these types of missions. You can also do Spy missions on Ceres, Lex or Hapke, which can be done very quickly with warframes such as Loki. I prefer Hapke.

Ad Q4: I try to keep all warframes. I only intend to remove them if I get prime version as a replacement. I have bought platinum during 75% discount I got as daily login reward so I'm set for a long time.

Ad Q5: I'm mostly solo player so I prefer to do high level spy missions--my choice is Hapke on Ceres. I bring Loki, silent gun or melee weapon and weapon I want to level up. I dont bring any sentinel or kubrow. Each run with 3 silent data retrievals grants 13 or 14k affinity. It takes around 20+/- runs to get weapon fully leveled.

If you have a team or have no issue with leeching in public parties, group play on certain missions is great way to level up weapons as teammate kills grant you affinity for all your gear.