Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes?

Xamuswing

Just a question I haven't seen brought up a lot...

How will the skins work on Prime warframes? Will they mix the aesthetics like immortal skins or just replace the skin all together? Could we select pieces from the main body and then mix them with the prime pieces, like Volt's armbands?

Important questions for somebody that enjoys their pretty pictures...

Does it to weapons too.

Not all skins do, but the vast majority do.

Skins for non-prime weapons/warframes will work on their prime counterparts by default. However, most revert it to their non-prime counterparts and apply the skin to that. DE needs to re-design the skins almost from the ground up to make them look prime, and even that isn't always worth the effort because the playerbase may not like the new appearance.

A few skins do change to look prime though, such as one of the Soma skins. Forest camo, I believe.

Not all skins do, but the vast majority do.

Skins for non-prime weapons/warframes will work on their prime counterparts by default. However, most revert it to their non-prime counterparts and apply the skin to that. DE needs to re-design the skins almost from the ground up to make them look prime, and even that isn't always worth the effort because the playerbase may not like the new appearance.

A few skins do change to look prime though, such as one of the Soma skins. Forest camo, I believe.

The new premium Rhino skin, when equipped on Rhino Prime, will keep most of it's Prime look. 

Also, all of the Soma skins has a little of the Soma Prime's look, when equipped on it, but the Soma skins are the only weapon skins I know of that does, though.

The new premium Rhino skin, when equipped on Rhino Prime, will keep most of it's Prime look. 

Also, all of the Soma skins has a little of the Soma Prime's look, when equipped on it, but the Soma skins are the only weapon skins I know of that does, though.

If a Prime weapon has extra geometry detached from the model itself, it won't be entirely removed when a skin is applied. The position will revert to default (I'm assuming, because you'd need to list attachment positions and base models don't have them), but they won't be removed.

So Soma Prime has the magazine with some of its golden trim but moved behind the trigger, and Vectis Prime retains its spinning golden ring except moved into the trigger guard.

They simply turn the prime warframe into the standard version and apply the skin.

Only one that does that is Trinity Prime.

The rest apply the skin to the base geometry without removing the extra "prime" geometry, mixing the two aesthetics and making the seams between added parts more apparent.