The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hands & Feet Stance Request : Zui Quan!

unknow99

CLbFYZN.png

Hello tenno,

I just watched some Wushu movie fighting scenes and that idea INSTANTLY crossed my mind : we have a Capoeira-like stance. Why not a Zui quan/Drunken fist stance? That would be amazing & fun to use!

For those who don't know, this is an ancient martial style coming from Wushu/Kung Fu that mimics the unpredictable manners of a drunk man. If you know a little about Jackie Chan, or if you ever played fighting games like Tekken (Lei Wulong), King of Fighters(Chin) , Dead or Alive (Brad Wong), Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat (Bo Rai Cho), Martial Masters or any game with more than one chinese martial art, YOU KNOW what I'm talking about :

134_1.gif  tumblr_mlnypqRcfd1rdsiguo1_400.gifzDKick.gif

Looks unusual & funny huh? Be careful though, this centuries old style is insidious & one of the hardest to predict during a fight because of its sudden changes of rhythm or the unexpected poses...

Thoughts? :)

My thoughts are, it's not practical to be used on a fast paced combat as well as other kung fu styles hence why Bruce Lee found Jeet Kune Do for example.

Not trying to put your idea down or anything, just my thoughts...

Edited by Oranji

My thoughts are, it's not practical to be used on a fast paced combat as well as other kung fu styles hence why Bruce Lee found Jeet Kune Do for example.

Not trying to put your idea down or anything, just my thoughts...

I understand what you mean, but again : people were saying that nunchucks are unpractical farming tools transformed into cheap weapons before the Ninkondi appeared...

It's a game, they can even make a simple spoon become a weapon of mass destruction... :p

It depends how they implement it!

But...what if we hit the Quan?

We'd be in for huuuge problems...

I understand what you mean, but again : people were saying that nunchucks are unpractical farming tools transformed into cheap weapons before the Ninkondi appeared...

It's a game, they can even make a simple spoon become a weapon of mass destruction... :p

It depends how they implement it!

That's what I thought, it's DE after all. I guess it just really depends on how they implement & do the animation.

I'm thinking in relation to Brutal Tide.

If they do make a stance, it will be really underwhelming. It's supposed to be an erratic fighting form heavily based on evasion, with how rigid melee combos are, it just wouldn't fully match with the stance. They'll have to revamp the combos by adding stuff like directional modifiers, active dodging, etc.

That's what I thought, it's DE after all. I guess it just really depends on how they implement & do the animation.

I'm thinking in relation to Brutal Tide.

Yeaah something close to Brutal Tide would do the job well! I trust Geoff on this. :)

If they do make a stance, it will be really underwhelming. It's supposed to be an erratic fighting form heavily based on evasion, with how rigid melee combos are, it just wouldn't fully match with the stance. They'll have to revamp the combos by adding stuff like directional modifiers, active dodging, etc.

Combos are rigid : this is quite true... They gotta be a little bit creative and that'll benefit the game in some way. :)

And they'll maybe introduce,you know, several buttons for combos?...