The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When I Invite You To My Game.

MattM01

Elitism is usually "you suck, please uninstall the game (insert inappropriate name calling here)" 

or

"you dont have so and so weapon/frame/build, leave"

That's not elitism, as it's some players thinking they're somehow better than others (which doesn't makes them elite), forgetting the fact they were rank 1 also once.

Just because you have a prime warframe and some prime guns, doesn't makes you elite. I've played with primed warframe player and some of them barely knew the meaning of playing in defense or offense when it was actually needed and not just when they wanted.

Because the world is ending if we chat during missions amirite. 

Have some fun man. 

Me and my clan nonstop type during missions, its what makes 60mins+ t3 and t4 survivals fun. 

don't need "critical communication" in this game. If youre a new player, youll learn and get the info. if youre not then theres no need. 

No, but our partnership is ending. If there is nothing critical to say, then stick to playing.  I get tired of carrying people like you because it is just so important that you talk about that hideous dress Susie was wearing today.

If you are chatting then you aren't playing. If you aren't playing then someone else is having to carry your weight.  That is even worse than AFKers, because at least the AFKers are being honest about being leeches. 

That's not elitism, as it's some players thinking they're somehow better than others (which doesn't makes them elite), forgetting the fact they were rank 1 also once.

Just because you have a prime warframe and some prime guns, doesn't makes you elite. I've played with primed warframe player and some of them barely knew the meaning of playing in defense or offense when it was actually needed and not just when they wanted.

Hrm, well from what I've seen in most games thats considered elitism is when players don't live up to their standards and are shunned from playing their way, and that they think they're better than anyone else. 

Elitism is usually "you suck, please uninstall the game (insert inappropriate name calling here)" 

or

"you dont have so and so weapon/frame/build, leave" 

However 

Being good/experienced 

is someone who is as good as an elitist, and can carry

but will also teach players to be better, show them the path, etc

Elitism is when good players that take the game seriously only want to play with other players of the same mindset during certain mission types (e.g. missions that consume keys, raids, event competitions).

It has nothing to do with being rude. The only people that confuse elitism with rudeness is non-elite players that are upset when the elitist refuses to carry them (e.g. when an elitist refuses to let someone bring an Oberon to an endless T4).  Most true elitists are happy to train new players to play properly or at least give them some tips when not in missions that will cost the elitist in some way.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong.  Elitists will gladly shun players that demand to do it their own way, even when that way is less efficient or impractical.  There is nothing wrong with that though.  If two players preferred playstyles are that different then there is no reason they should have to play together.

This just enrages the non-elitist because they know the mission would go much easier with the elitist carrying them, which is ironic because they refuse to learn from the elitist.  This is the root of where elitist came to be known as "rude." 

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

No, but our partnership is ending. If there is nothing critical to say, then stick to playing.  I get tired of carrying people like you because it is just so important that you talk about that hideous dress Susie was wearing today.

If you are chatting then you aren't playing. If you aren't playing then someone else is having to carry your weight.  That is even worse than AFKers, because at least the AFKers are being honest about being leeches. 

Carrying people like me? 

aha.

ahaha. 

I talk the most in groups and get close to 2k kills in a 60min. Please carry me. I'm totes leeching 

it's not like I type slow.

So if you can carry people "like me", then well, great. 

Elitism is when good players that take the game seriously only want to play with other players of the same mindset during certain mission types (e.g. missions that consume keys, raids, event competitions).

It has nothing to do with being rude. The only people that confuse elitism with rudeness is non-elite players that are upset when the elitist refuses to carry them (e.g. when an elitist refuses to let someone bring an Oberon to an endless T4).  Most true elitists are happy to train new players to play properly or at least give them some tips when not in missions that will cost the elitist in some way.

"players of the same mindset" which is what I meant by them always asking anyone who doesnt have the build they want to leave. 

my impression though from anything I've seen is that elitism comes with being quite rude. 

I've yet to see someone be super serious and nice. 

Edited by Vesiga

Carrying people like me? 

aha.

ahaha. 

I talk the most in groups and get close to 2k kills in a 60min. Please carry me. I'm totes leeching 

it's not like I type slow.

So if you can carry people "like me", then well, great. 

"players of the same mindset" which is what I meant by them always asking anyone who doesnt have the build they want to leave. 

my impression though from anything I've seen is that elitism comes with being quite rude. 

I've yet to see someone be super serious and nice. 

I usually do around 70% of the damage in games. 

If you don't have the build that they want then you are of no use to them because someone else will have the build.  They have no obligation to let you in on their key if you don't want to stick their strategy.

Asking you to leave isn't being "rude."  Refusing to carry you != not being nice.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong.  Elitists will gladly shun players that demand to do it their own way, even when that way is less efficient or impractical.  There is nothing wrong with that though.  If two players preferred playstyles are that different then there is no reason they should have to play together.

This just enrages the non-elitist because they know the mission would go much easier with the elitist carrying them, which is ironic because they refuse to learn from the elitist.  This is the root of where elitist came to be known as "rude." 

Your edit part cleared things up. <3

the last paragraph is basically all I ever see. 

Mostly I'm happy with carrying, unless no one says thank you. 

But yeah a lot of people do look for the carry so they can hardly do anything.

I get your point though :p 5am, no sleep, took the Edit paragraph to see it. xD

Edited by Vesiga