Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Genuine Question: Is There Going To Be Warframe, Timed-Exclusivity From Now On?

Auramaru

Question

Are all Warframes going to be region-locked on release, favoring China?

That sort of seems to be where this is all going, but Atlas sort of "rocked" the trend. BADUM-TSS

I'm sorry.

But please confirm or deny if you know. I've been trying to dig up more info on this, but you know... most of it is in Chinese xD

Thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

It's just all the Chinese mythos inspired frames (Wukong, Nezha) for now, and they will come to the global build after some time.

Warframes made my DE and their own inspiration, like the archer frame for example, will be released normally, in U18 i think.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

It's just all the Chinese mythos inspired frames (Wukong, Nezha) for now, and they will come to the global build after some time.

Warframes made my DE and their own inspiration, like the archer frame for example, will be released normally, in U18 i think.

This seems to be the case.

our version of warframe and the china version of warframe are lead by two different groups of people when one creates content the other has to wait 90 days prior to obtaining permission to include in their copy.  it works both ways think of it as having a second dev team that your plat purchases dont have to pay for working on the game not some ermahgawd someone made this thing and i haz tu wait fur eet.

Correct. I'm fairly certain they said Wukong will be released before the years end. I think.

as will nezha wukong could even be in u18 or very very shortly after according to the fridaystream.

"Galactic Armor," A.K.A. Warframe China, is basically an alternative build of Warframe.  DE is the developer of both games (or perhaps better worded as "both versions of the game), but they have different publishers.  Warframe is still available in China (and has been for years).  Galactic Armor; meanwhile, isn't exclusive to China, but to play a person needs Chinese ID credentials (so it's not like any random player can gain access).  They'll get China-themed items first (Warframes, weapons, aesthetics, etc) which is why Wukong and Nezha were released there first.  As stated by the others, you don't have to worry about "region locked" items, just need to wait a little before we see anything released on Galactic Armor first.