Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Other Games Do You Play ?

Col_Helghan

Fellow Tenno,

What are some of the other games that you play on a daily basis, mainly to prevent burnout in WF, or just by playing it for fun, gameplay mechanics, other factors non related to WF ? List your reasons. :)

Mine is SWTOR ( don´t hate ). Used to be an avid mmorpg player, then got fed up over the course of years.

Reasons I play it, story and character identification. We all know real life is as boring as it gets. Every once in a while you want to be a genocidal killer or a goody two shoes so it´s nice to immerse yourself in the story, especially one with a long history and abundance of almost, well....everything.

The other side of the coin here is lack of any real story, more tangible lore in WF, sometimes it feels empty, for me at least so this is my personal opinion, everyone wants to kill everyone else, no moral decisions, nothing. Homicidal space ninjas bent on exterminating entire populations of Corpus and Grineer, so many questions unanswered, why this, why that etc. I get the secrecy from the DE, sometimes it´s better not to have entire lore in the start but I feel like it´s going real slow when it comes down to explaining some major things in the game.

So this was in short on my part, name your games and why you enjoy playing them, yes even the Fallout fans are welcome.  ^^

Planetside 2 (not so much nowdays though)

Loved the massive scale, PvP is a nice contrast to the casual play of WF but since the majority of my outfit moved on to other games I just dont find it fun enough to play alone.

Dirty Bomb

Was a UT nut back in 2000, nostalgia for the fast play and skillful shooting. PvP gameplay is very different from WF.

Fallout 3 (started on it for the first time yesterday)

Loved FO 1+2, have played through these 2 games more than any other single player game I tried. Disliked Bethesda aquiring the franchise and disliked how FO3 looked and played, buuuut now 8 years or so after it was released I swallowed my contempt and decided to give the game a fair chance.

Star Citizen alpha (not much though since my own computer cant run it anymore so I am limited to checking in and playing a bit on other peoples computers)

I am a backer and curious about the development, dont want to play it too much though to avoid being burnt out on the game before it releases

Edited by VikingoX

Fellow Tenno,

What are some of the other games that you play on a daily basis, mainly to prevent burnout in WF, or just by playing it for fun, gameplay mechanics, other factors non related to WF ? List your reasons. :)

Mine is SWTOR ( don´t hate ). Used to be an avid mmorpg player, then got fed up over the course of years.

Reasons I play it, story and character identification. We all know real life is as boring as it gets. Every once in a while you want to be a genocidal killer or a goody two shoes so it´s nice to immerse yourself in the story, especially one with a long history and abundance of almost, well....everything.

The other side of the coin here is lack of any real story, more tangible lore in WF, sometimes it feels empty, for me at least so this is my personal opinion, everyone wants to kill everyone else, no moral decisions, nothing. Homicidal space ninjas bent on exterminating entire populations of Corpus and Grineer, so many questions unanswered, why this, why that etc. I get the secrecy from the DE, sometimes it´s better not to have entire lore in the start but I feel like it´s going real slow when it comes down to explaining some major things in the game.

So this was in short on my part, name your games and why you enjoy playing them, yes even the Fallout fans are welcome.  ^^

Payday 2, Dota 2, SWTOR occasionally, I replay Fallout 1 and 2 a lot, I replay Mirror's Edge like once a month, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, TF2 sucks me back in every once in awhile...

Also, I totally agree about SWTOR's story. It feels a lot like a single-player game with a Bioware touch, and the character progression is really good.

Payday 2, Killing floor 2, Rampage knights and Skyrim are my mains. I replay the Metro games, Darkness 2, Spec ops: The Line, Farcry 3 and Crysis 2 quite often as well. 

Haven´t played KF 2, only 1, and it was a blast, endless waves of mutilated things coming at you while you and your squad holed up somewhere then all hell broke loose :) good times. Is KF 2 as much fun as 1 was ?

Payday 2, Dota 2, SWTOR occasionally, I replay Fallout 1 and 2 a lot, I replay Mirror's Edge like once a month, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, TF2 sucks me back in every once in awhile...

Also, I totally agree about SWTOR's story. It feels a lot like a single-player game with a Bioware touch, and the character progression is really good.

HotS is nice, especially now with more heroes pouring in as of late.

As for Swtor, the story is what got me, it is compelling, I really lose myself when playing it. Like the game more for it´s single player than pvp.

What about you guys ? Others who only named the games but the not the reasons, why are you drawn to the games you listed. ^^

Fallout 4, Mad Max, Wildstar, sometimes EVOLVE.

Most of the time it's just zbrush, 3dsmax and substance painter.

Not really games but they work well to spend my time on.

Wish I could play EVOLVE,  performance goes to garbage bin for some reason. :/

What pushed me away from SWTOR was the xp grind wall around level 20-ish, that can be largely circumvented by paying for a subscription. The combat wasn't tremendously engaging either (though it's an mmo so I guess I shouldn't complain). i really did like the story though. I heard they're going to be refining the combat and making XP scale a bit better with the new xpac, so I might jump back in eventually.

When I'm not burning myself out on Warframe...well...SWTOR (literally just finished playing my Light Side Sith Marauder as I type this lol). Shadowrun Chronicles when I want to run with friends, or Returns when I'm solo. Skyrim when I'm feeling fantasy - although my current mod turns it into an AVP fan's wet dream. I'll also admit Neverwinter because I'm waiting on Sword Coast Legends to buck up and get good. DDO is out of the question for me and I don't have NWN, BG or IWD so Neverwinter it is. Oh and Divinity: Original Sin EE.

I'm a bit of a fantasy loon but the AVP world is my stomping grounds in the end.

No, it's pretty good but most players are just frustrated noobs and some even "hack".

not to mention the fact that the creator of the game uses shady ways of comunicating to players, and the loading screens take hours, progeression is really slow and there a big time gaps in between actions  (enough fun now, i'll stop derailing the topic xD)

Edited by Regar

not to mention the fact that the creator of the game uses shady ways of comunicating to players, and the loading screens take hours, progeression is really slow and there a big time gaps in between actions  (enough fun now, i'll stop derailing the topic xD)

Well the master hacker keeps messing with the creator forcing him too do these things otherwise hell be "accused" of bing a bad developer.