Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Old Ambience

5hagm4n

I like the new ship ambience we have in the background when idle. But I can't be the only one who misses the old ambience you had when floating above the star chart. Wouldn't it be great if they had an option for that instead of the one we have right now? I know it wouldn't make much sense since it's a ship and all, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

This one: 

the background humming we had originally and the humming we have in the Liset are extremely obnoxious to me.

it's just noise. 

at the very least, i'd like to be able to independantly turn that part of the background down, because it's incredibly loud.

however, the other Ambience in the Liset does some pretty decent World Building, i.e. the Radio, Foundry sounds, Kubrow sounds, Et Cetera. those add some good detail and life to the Liset.

but a really loud constant, never ending humming is just obnoxious.

i wish more games took to heart that you don't always need lots of sound. sound is great when it's appropriate, having it because you're afraid of not having some at times is just silly.

infact, IMO it's hard to build atmosphere if sound is just berating you, rather than helping to bring you along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...