Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe-Weapon Slots Should Be Buyable Through Credits

jpvi1207

He is not comparing his situation to yours. The fact of the matter is the DE are not going to do away with a profitable and perfectly balanced system in the game so a minority with problems can play for free. They are business men. This game is there product. There is no profit to just handing things out. It's free to play with incentives to buy. If there are no incentives to buy then they are doing it wrong. Zed pays for his entertainment. If he has a greater experiance then someone who did not pay then the DE are doing it right. Anyone following the thread can see that you are only thinking for yourself in this situation

He is not comparing his situation to yours. The fact of the matter is the DE are not going to do away with a profitable and perfectly balanced system in the game so a minority with problems can play for free. They are business men. This game is there product. There is no profit to just handing things out. It's free to play with incentives to buy. If there are no incentives to buy then they are doing it wrong. Zed pays for his entertainment. If he has a greater experiance then someone who did not pay then the DE are doing it right. Anyone following the thread can see that you are only thinking for yourself in this situation

erhem...me and maybe even 500k + latin american

they can still mke alot of profit without slots (formas, keys)

balanced? its in beta bro

erhem...me and maybe even 500k + latin american

they can still mke alot of profit without slots (formas, keys)

balanced? its in beta bro

If the others can afford formas and keys as you suggest, they can afford slots, they are cheaper, you argued against yourself with that one.  Well done.

Slots are pretty much the only thing I'd willingly buy with Platinum anyway.

I'm going to put money into my Steam Wallet for the first time ever and going to spend $20 for the founder's thing. For slots.

Yes take into consideration that I've worked hard through my life in order to now be making enough to do so.

And yes, I'm an evil and vile person for helping to support the development of the game you play for free. How dare I.

In my country my parents worked and still work hard all their lives and still the average pay a month is 350 Euros. And they barely have that.

If your in the US and you have better average wage and can dish out 250$ for a game in beta, then go ahead, but don't tell others that you have been able to do that just because you worked hard, there are a lot of people who work just as hard, want to support the game, but they can only spend a few bucks on it because their financial situation doesn't allow it, even if they work their asses off.

The game should support both, but currently it only supports the ones in the NA/Northern Europe. And don't say that that's where the most profits are made from, even Gabe Newell stated that TF2 makes a lot of profit from Russia, because it is affordable even for the folks who can't pay a ton.

No one said anything about evil or vile, but you have to understand that there are other countries where you can work your &#! off and still get a lot lower than US minimum wage. You somehow fail to accept that, which I'm sorry to say but it makes you ignorant.

Edited by Story4

There really REALLY needs to be a FAQ or something about this...

Do you reall think that would change anything? People dont even read the faqs. The same threads would appear as always.

The only difference would be that you no longer have to tell them that their thread is the 23432452562436. You would easily copy paste the faq part....

Right to get back on the slots stuff.

I find it completly fair to be platinum.

BUT i would also like if there was a smaller option for people.

Something alike, you get 1 or 2 weapon slots every rank, and 1 warframe slot every 3.

What i mean is.

Rank 0 - standard amount of slots

Rank 1 - +1 or 2 weapon slots

Rank 2 - +1 or 2 weapon slots

Rank 3 - +1 warframe slot

And so forth...

It could ofc be tweaked to balance it more, but i just want atleast a small way to go for people.

I find that to be a fair balance, you can't get ALL the weapons or warframes, and you wont be able to do it fast, but you still will be able to have access to a bit more of the game, while still keeping some of your more favorable stuff.

Edited by NovaKiller

In my country my parents worked and still work hard all their lives and still the average pay a month is 350 Euros. And they barely have that.

If your in the US and you have better average wage and can dish out 250$ for a game in beta, then go ahead, but don't tell others that you have been able to do that just because you worked hard, there are a lot of people who work just as hard, want to support the game, but they can only spend a few bucks on it because their financial situation doesn't allow it, even if they work their asses off.

The game should support both, but currently it only supports the ones in the NA/Northern Europe. And don't say that that's where the most profits are made from, even Gabe Newell stated that TF2 makes a lot of profit from Russia, because it is affordable even for the folks who can't pay a ton.

No one said anything about evil or vile, but you have to understand that there are other countries where you can work your &#! off and still get a lot lower than US minimum wage. You somehow fail to accept that, which I'm sorry to say but it makes you ignorant.

Simply put no.  You are asking a company based in a country that has different costs of living to accommodate your own country so you can get a stupid weapon slot for cheaper than it already is.  This is incredibly ignorant for so many economic reasons, that if half of which you realized would probably put you in a better place in your life in the next 10 years it would be amazing.

Your ignorance is reinforced by your inability to grasp the sarcasm in my previous post.

It is also shown through that you believe to achieve what the OP brings up that you would need to spend $250 USD.  This is not the case, I explained previously the amount required, which is less than 1/8th of this, to achieve enough slots for all the items (this was in U7 to clarify, it should still be true for U8 I believe).

In either case the amount necessary to purchase even a few extra slots is minimal at best.  For 75 plat you can get a number of combinations of both weapon slots and/or warframes.

Right to get back on the slots stuff.

I find it completly fair to be platinum.

BUT i would also like if there was a smaller option for people.

Something alike, you get 1 or 2 weapon slots every rank, and 1 warframe slot every 3.

What i mean is.

Rank 0 - standard amount of slots

Rank 1 - +1 or 2 weapon slots

Rank 2 - +1 or 2 weapon slots

Rank 3 - +1 warframe slot

And so forth...

I find that to be a fair balance, you can't get ALL the weapons or warframes, but you still will be able to have access to a bit more of the game, while still keeping some of your more favorable stuff.

It will most likely be a slot a switch per rank.

1 rank= WF

2 rank= Weapon

3 rank= WF

4 rank=weapon

This way you would always get a combination of both for progression.

At least, that would make sense for me ^^

I dont see why there should be free slots since you can easily make 100k in an hour...

it's a free to play game if you want to you can play everysingle warframe and weapon you like and in addition you receive 50 plat in the beginning. if you want to collect allwarframes you have to spent a little bit of money. hey guys srsly, to lvl up 2 warframes and 8 weapons you need a certain amount of time and now think of it whem you are going to the movies, spending around 20$ for 2h... ive spend 50€ and havent used any plat since my reset for over 80h gametime (to support the game).

That happens here in the US as well. No country is safe from people getting paid far below the average.

Technically you need only 1 or 2 "tricked" out frames with the best you equipment you can get. Because those are necessary for some of the harder endgame content. With 50 plat, you can get 2 additional warframe slots. Or get 1 more and get 2 more weapons slots upgrades for more varied load outs.

And yes I am a founder, but my only plat expenditure so far is my Sentinel and my first Orokin reactor. 

Heck I am too cheap to even potato or forma my lvl 30 guns or buy additional slots yet.

Edited by fatpig84

I don't think it's fair to add ways of obtaining warframes slots reliably after people have bought them while they were a platinum only thing.

It's an optional thing, those who support the game have bought them, you can also buy them with the free platinum they give you.

You can also make a new account and have different accounts for different warframes. This is completely allowed.

I think they should give 1 Warframe Slot, and 2 Weapon slots as a reward for all players who took part in Open Beta.

But, it should never be free, regardless of how difficult it would be to acquire.

Edited by Cingal

never said you were evil, i guess your confessing some deep stuff, thus if you were in my situation, i bet you would be doing the same as i, since now we hve to be rank 7 to get new weapons, do the maths, even if i level al crafteable weapons i wont reach, thats why i need FRAME slots, weapons well...playstyle diminishes em to 4 or 5

You don't need slots to reach rank 7. Just sell your old frames and weapons.

Edited by zagibu

To be honest, slot is really the only one paywall in Warframe's economy. Other gameplay-related items are obtainable through gameplay. With 50 starter platinum, a new player can expand his inventory space with 2 more frame slots/8 weapon slots or mixture of both. After playing for 200 hours pre-reset, I can confidently say that you don't need to collect everything in the game. I used to have a full arsenal of weapons but I ended up using merely 1/5 of them. The rest of them can be discarded since they probably not suitable for your playstyle.

However, I disagree with slots being locked behind wall of platinum. I think either rewarding player with slots through mastery rank which is still quite limiting consider that each mastery rank will require a lot of leveling up new frame/weapon in order to reach next level.

The OP's point of view is a bit 'off' though. Simply stated that you can't pay for the game because you don't have enough money or being a minor isn't a good argument. I used to be in the same boat and I understood the limitation. Frankly, I just played F2P title like a casual and not cared about anything behind a paywall. Understanding limitation which comes with the business part of gaming is a part of life.

There is no such thing as free lunch.

My son and I have come up with two different ideas regarding Plat and credits. He thinks as something in the foundry gets closer to being done it should cost less to rush and I think they should let you use credits instead of plat to rush something. I think that would at least add another thing credits are good for.

Edited by Pendragon1951

why sue you? you just cant compare your situation to mine

You're under 18 and can't get a job. So because of that we all need to pity you and DE needs to make slots free? We've all been that age before, but I didn't go around asking for games to be free cause I didn't have any money. You're lucky there are so many games that are free to play now, it wasn't always the case.

Simply put no.  You are asking a company based in a country that has different costs of living to accommodate your own country so you can get a stupid weapon slot for cheaper than it already is.  This is incredibly ignorant for so many economic reasons, that if half of which you realized would probably put you in a better place in your life in the next 10 years it would be amazing.

Your ignorance is reinforced by your inability to grasp the sarcasm in my previous post.

It is also shown through that you believe to achieve what the OP brings up that you would need to spend $250 USD.  This is not the case, I explained previously the amount required, which is less than 1/8th of this, to achieve enough slots for all the items (this was in U7 to clarify, it should still be true for U8 I believe).

In either case the amount necessary to purchase even a few extra slots is minimal at best.  For 75 plat you can get a number of combinations of both weapon slots and/or warframes.

Again, your being ignorant. I'm not asking them to accomodate their prices for every country, but stuff like slots which are essential should be acquirable in game, not through platinum. They can make the other stuff like skins/colors etc. purchasable with platinum. And when someone from countries like mine can pay for the game, they will pay becasue they want to not because they have to.

And isn't Valve also based in the US? And they have good prices for everyone, so everybody wins, even the ones who can't spend hundreds of $ on a game in beta.

"This is incredibly ignorant for so many economic reasons, that if half of which you realized would probably put you in a better place in your life in the next 10 years it would be amazing." How exactly will it put me in a better place? I already said that the average wage here is lower than the minimum wage in the US, i mean really now 250$ is the monthly wage of my french high-school teacher! Your the one who is ignorant here, since you lack the empathy to relate to people who can work hard but still not get a lot of money.

And you need to pay 27 euros just to be able to grind everything? I'd rather pay 27 euros to get skins or other stuff, not to just get all the slots so I'm able to farm. Also the more weapons/warframes appear the more money you need to spend in order to get it.

Also, read this article if you want to see a good bussiness practice: http://www.geekwire.com/2011/experiments-video-game-economics-valves-gabe-newell/

Gabe Newell: Russia now outside of Germany is our largest continental European market.

Again, your being ignorant. I'm not asking them to accomodate their prices for every country, but stuff like slots which are essential should be acquirable in game, not through platinum. They can make the other stuff like skins/colors etc. purchasable with platinum. And when someone from countries like mine can pay for the game, they will pay becasue they want to not because they have to.

And isn't Valve also based in the US? And they have good prices for everyone, so everybody wins, even the ones who can't spend hundreds of $ on a game in beta.

"This is incredibly ignorant for so many economic reasons, that if half of which you realized would probably put you in a better place in your life in the next 10 years it would be amazing." How exactly will it put me in a better place? I already said that the average wage here is lower than the minimum wage in the US, i mean really now 250$ is the monthly wage of my french high-school teacher! Your the one who is ignorant here, since you lack the empathy to relate to people who can work hard but still not get a lot of money.

And you need to pay 27 euros just to be able to grind everything? I'd rather pay 27 euros to get skins or other stuff, not to just get all the slots so I'm able to farm. Also the more weapons/warframes appear the more money you need to spend in order to get it.

Also, read this article if you want to see a good bussiness practice: http://www.geekwire.com/2011/experiments-video-game-economics-valves-gabe-newell/

Gabe Newell: Russia now outside of Germany is our largest continental European market.

Wow. You're really stuck on this $250 bucks aren't you.

You do not need to spend the 29.99 on platinum, you can and it is a choice to be made by those who want to collect and keep every item.  For most this is overkill, spending half that will get them enough slots to retain items / warframes they enjoy while allowing enough space to acquire, level and then sell items for mastery rank.

You keep painting this as black and white and it's not, as stated before you fail to grasp the concepts behind this.

At 75 platinum for $5

$1 = 15 platinum

2 weapon slots = 12 platinum

1 warframe slot = 20 platinum

1 weapon slot = $0.40

1 warframe slot = $1.34

It's laughable that you're complaining about the prices when they are that cheap, especially at the platinum to dollar rate of the lowest purchase.

If you make the decision to collect and keep everything, that is your choice, you are not forced to do this, nor is this a requirement in order to play all the content of the game.

Yes, I lack the empathy for people to ask for a video game to cost less so that someone can spend time and money on a leisure.  We are not talking about putting you out of your house or starving you.  This is a video game, demanding empathy for the pricing on leisure activities is an absolute joke, you should be spending your time more productively if you can not afford the leisure activities that you wish to pursue.

Also your monthly income example, you've ignored a whole list of other expenses that are not incurred and the other costs that are covered.  Perhaps you'd be better off lowering the tax rate in your country to keep more of your earnings so you can decide how they are spent.  Then again, how could all those government programs be funded... sounds like you have some bigger decisions to make and things to consider than asking a company to lower a price on something that is already incredibly low just to make it easier on you.

Edit:

Oh right, then there was this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/56228-warframe-weapon-slots-should-be-buyable-through-credits/?p=583349

Where I had mentioned that I had seen it being brought up before as potentially being the move forward.  What you either failed to grasp there and elsewhere is not that it can't be done.  Justifying it in the manner you are trying to, that it is required, or needed is wrong, its not.  It would be nice, but it is not a requirement.

Edited by Enot83

I'd really like to know how there going to deal with this because right now, I have no free slots, and want to buy slots, but I'm scared to because then if they make them free....you know.....uhr, this is a redundant conversation in the end isn't it?

Edited by ra9una

The prices are so incredibly low you are practically stealing from them :P This game is incredibly designed and free2play and the developers actually listen to feedback, so I'm inclining we should support DE too and if slots and colors are the only things u have to buy with platinum I'm all for it. 

I invested 9 euro's in it and got 170 platinum, I bought 3 warframe slots and 8 weapon slots = 108 and I bought an orokin catalyst and reactor. I can get now half of the warframes and most of the weapons. I don't really need to buy any more but I probably will because I like to own everything. I think the prices are pretty fair.

F2P doesn't mean all of it is free to play it costs money to do stuff if you want a free leisure activity go for a walk. Personally I fell privileged to play this game for nothing I mean I'm poor but I still have fun and f2p games are a godsend. I dount expect to own everything but when the time comes for me to buy some plat to support this wonderfull game then ill do it.

but this way of DE making money affects greatly any player. and the starting plat only lets you buy 2 warframe slots, and then you are 2 plat away from a weapon slot. thats barely anything

That's the point of a F2P game jeez just spend 10$ and you're good to go that's like 3 sandwiches don't worry you won't starve!

I hate to sound old, but I think kids are getting so used to F2P games being normal that they may not quite understand what it was like when every game cost $20+ for a couple hours of gameplay.

Hey, let's go back to the Shareware model. Mercury and Venus are free, every other planet requires that you pay $10 to unlock. Fair?

(and no, I think that's a terrible model that some F2P games actually do use, where you get the first 20 levels free, and the rest costs a subscription or certain amount of purchases to qualify you to play more)

Edited by gell

No...

I've spent too much money on Warframe Slots to just let them be free.

Use your 50 free plat to buy Warframe and weapon slots yourselves...

DE practically gives you that for free.

This is one of their best ways of making money.

Making it free means they would lose plenty of money.

Stop thinking just about yourself :p I've spent plat on slots too but I think the slots should be free, or taken out and there shouldnt be a limit in the first place.

Regardless if they took out the limit on slots I dont see why they couldnt just refund us the plat we spent on the slots we had automatically, just like they did with that script to see who bought those key packs to give them more keys after they fixed it.

Point is, this is a beta, things arent perfect, stop resisting change for the good just because you've spent money on something.