Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telltales Game Of Thrones Getting Second Season And Dark Souls 3 To Be A Big Closure To The Series

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/

So an interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki has shown that he wishes to move on from the Souls series and move on to different games, as he doesn't want the company to only be known for the Souls games. 

I would like to see FromSoft go back to Armored Core. Just imagine an Armored Core game with the speed of 4 and 4A with the multiplayer aspect of Verdict Day. It'd be amazing.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/telltales-game-of-thrones-getting-second-season/1100-6432464/

So TellTales will be releasing a second season to their GoT game. As expected, the second season will draw heavily from the choices made during the first season. 

Also in a few days the Bloodborne DLC will be released and this is how you get to the new locations:

1. Defeat the Boss (Vicar Amelia) in the Cathedral Ward.

2. Once that is done, go back to the Hunter's Dream and pick up the item "Eye of the Blood-drunk Hunter". 

3. Then go back to Cathedral Ward and get picked up by the Amygdala (just go to the right of the entrance of the boss room to Vicar Amelia) and go to the building to the far right. Then get picked up by the Amygdala (the purple vortex that appears) and voila~ You are now in the first of the DLC locations.

Sauce: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/20/bloodborne-the-old-hunters-out-tuesday-patch-1-07-detailed/

"we don't want to be known for the souls series" INB4 never ending sequels to Bloodborne.

Armored core has seen it's best days come and go. They hit perfection with 4A, unless they can return to that level of quality the franchise is doomed.

Hopefully they wont cancel or screw up Another centuries episode. It's about time it was brought out of japan too.

Another Tenchu game could be good as well.

It's actually known best for the Armored Core series. True the souls games made them extremely well known, but Armored Core was what brought them into the limelight.

Funny, I'd never have heard of these guys if not for Dark Souls.

The only time I've ever heard of Armored Core is because of you yapping on about it every chance you get

Funny, I'd never have heard of these guys if not for Dark Souls.

The only time I've ever heard of Armored Core is because of you yapping on about it every chance you get

I yap more about Bloodborne and Persona than I ever do Armored Core.

"we don't want to be known for the souls series" INB4 never ending sequels to Bloodborne.

Hidetaka did say earlier on that he wanted to branch out to other series. 

I do think he's being honest here.

They hit perfection with 4A,

Eeeeeehh... perfection is a very strong word. 

4A is great, but perfection is best reserved for an Armored Core game with more refinement in it. 

I yap more about Bloodborne and Persona than I ever do Armored Core.

Hidetaka did say earlier on that he wanted to branch out to other series. 

I do think he's being honest here.

Eeeeeehh... perfection is a very strong word. 

4A is great, but perfection is best reserved for an Armored Core game with more refinement in it. 

Nothing is perfect, but considering all the massive advantages 4A had over all mech games that launched on the same platforms I think that is close enough to perfection. V only managed to improve on graphics, and even that is subject to taste because it was simply an art style change and 4A was still very good graphically given the hardware they had to work with.

Nothing is perfect, but considering all the massive advantages 4A had over all mech games that launched on the same platforms I think that is close enough to perfection. V only managed to improve on graphics, and even that is subject to taste because it was simply an art style change and 4A was still very good graphically given the hardware they had to work with.

For it's time, the graphics did the game solid. But you cannot deny that the textures were improved in VD (I refuse to acknowledge V) (art style is a completely different subject). The problems in it were, as I said, refinement. When I played through it, I didn't feel anything impactful about destroying Motherwill or any Arms Fort (aside from Giga Base). Which I would say was because of lack of funds.

Edited by TheErebus.

For it's time, the graphics did the game solid. But you cannot deny that the textures were improved in VD (I refuse to acknowledge V) (art style is a completely different subject). The problems in it were, as I said, refinement. When I played through it, I didn't feel anything impactful about destroying Motherwill or any Arms Fort (aside from Giga Base). Which I would say was because of lack of funds.

Textures were part of the art style. 4A was more of an anime style game. Which some devs use because it is easier to make a more solid graphics. Like how timesplitters went cartoony with there characters, which at the time were some of the best looking player models in any game on any platform.

I didn't find anything impactful about fighting the same generic drones and mechs in VD. The point is that the arms forts were something amazing, boss fights that were truly unique, and made you feel like you've achieved something when you beat them, unlike generic mech #43 with a faceless pilot.

Textures were part of the art style. 4A was more of an anime style game. Which some devs use because it is easier to make a more solid graphics. Like how timesplitters went cartoony with there characters, which at the time were some of the best looking player models in any game on any platform.

But I'm not talking about the art style, I'm talking about the texture fidelity. How high res it looks. 

VD > 4A when it comes to textures. 

I didn't find anything impactful about fighting the same generic drones and mechs in VD. The point is that the arms forts were something amazing, boss fights that were truly unique, and made you feel like you've achieved something when you beat them, unlike generic mech #43 with a faceless pilot.

The gameplay of VD made it feel impactful when you fight mechs (also, it wasn't just generic mechs because of these big boys:

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/LiV

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Lotus

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Scavenger

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/To-605

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Exusia )

Each of them have their own quirks and attack patterns that require different tactics. Your point that the Arms Forts were unique applies to VD when it comes to the AUW (Advanced Unmanned Weapons).

Edited by TheErebus.

But I'm not talking about the art style, I'm talking about the texture fidelity. How high res it looks. 

VD > 4A when it comes to textures. 

The gameplay of VD made it feel impactful when you fight mechs (also, it wasn't just generic mechs because of these big boys:

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/LiV

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Lotus

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Scavenger

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/To-605

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Exusia )

Each of them have their own quirks and attack patterns that require different tactics. Your point that the Arms Forts were unique applies to VD when it comes to the AUW (Advanced Unmanned Weapons).

By that first argument borderlands 1 has bad textures. No, no it doesn't. You're going from a solid cell shaded art style to a bitmap art style. Bitmap art styles are for developers trying to make there games feel grounded in reality.

4A: ac4a-armsfort.jpg

VD: 2043657-704811_20130612_018.jpg

Doesn't look any better to me.

Secondary. The AUW. Drones. Generic. Drones. They had nothing on the size, scale and combat of the arms forts. AND to make things worse, they can appear anywhere under certain conditions. Which takes away anything special from them, it would be like tyl regor showing up whenever the alarms went off in warframe (kind of like early manics), and then expecting you to take it seriously when they announce him as a boss.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Secondary. The AUW. Drones. Generic. Drones. They had nothing on the size, scale and combat of the arms forts. AND to make things worse, they can appear anywhere under certain conditions. Which takes away anything special from them, it would be like tyl regor showing up whenever the alarms went off in warframe (kind of like early manics), and then expecting you to take it seriously when they announce him as a boss.

"Generic Drones"

Have you actually fought them? Like have you played VD, and gotten to the point where you fought them and understood how aggressive they actually are? 

Calling them Generic Drones is just wrong and I'd argue that them appearing anywhere is actually better because that means that they can be adapted towards any kind of enviroment, adding onto their lethalness. As opposed to Motherwill who will pretty much always need a huge space to fight in. 

Also, half the Arms Forts are just plain weaksauce. You can pretty much speedrun quite a few of them and not have any trouble doing it (hell I do it all the time). The only good ones are Cabracan and Motherwill. Hell, some of them don't even have the same level of epicness that the latter had. Eclipse is an example of a so called "Arms Fort" that I didn't even know was one until I looked it up online. I thought it was just another generic plasma ship.

Edited by TheErebus.

"Generic Drones"

Have you actually fought them? Like have you played VD, and gotten to the point where you fought them and understood how aggressive they actually are?

Calling them Generic Drones is just wrong.

Also, half the Arms Forts are just plain weaksauce. You can pretty much speedrun quite a few of them and not have any trouble doing it (hell I do it all the time). The only good ones are Cabracan and Motherwill. Hell, some of them don't even have the same level of epicness that the latter had. Eclipse is an example of a so called "Arms Fort" that I didn't even know was one until I looked it up online. I thought it was just another generic plasma ship.

Erebus do you even go above the lowest difficulty? in 4A none of the arms forts are easy on the hardest difficulty. Also unlike VD the difficulty in 4A actually adds more to the missions. More enemies, time limits, specific objectives that need to be carried out, etc.

The generic "miniboss"drones in VD are no more threatening than any other faceless mech pilot. Why? because they have terrible AI that are easy to exploit.

Erebus do you even go above the lowest difficulty? in 4A none of the arms forts are easy on the hardest difficulty. Also unlike VD the difficulty in 4A actually adds more to the missions. More enemies, time limits, specific objectives that need to be carried out, etc.

There's only two difficulties. 

Normal and Hard.

And yes, I do go above the lowest difficulty. 

The Hardcore mode for Verdict Day has specialized parameters which change up how you will play each and every mission. It's actually quite fun and makes you be extremely careful.

The generic "miniboss"drones in VD are no more threatening than any other faceless mech pilot. Why? because they have terrible AI that are easy to exploit.

I have never seen an exploit (or at least I cannot recall one) when it comes to VD, in 4A I have seen and exploited the ACs quite often in story mode. 

There's only two difficulties. 

Normal and Hard.

And yes, I do go above the lowest difficulty. 

The Hardcore mode for Verdict Day has specialized parameters which change up how you will play each and every mission. It's actually quite fun and makes you be extremely careful.

I have never seen an exploit (or at least I cannot recall one) when it comes to VD, in 4A I have seen and exploited the ACs quite often in story mode. 

... There's 3 difficulties in 4A. You have to unlock the third.

Think back to the days before DLC and microtransactions. The final difficulty is unlocked by beating all of the missions in the hardest difficulty.

Oh that makes sense. 

There were a few missions I can't beat on the Hard setting.

I'm pretty sure there's three. There's probably guides on how to unlock said difficulty, just gotta be determined to find one.

Also, you gonna strim Dark Souls 3 when you get it?

The hell does strim mean?

Oh that makes sense. 

There were a few missions I can't beat on the Hard setting.

There are a few missions I couldn't beat on the hardest difficulty... like most of them...

But.. But.. I did manage to beat 3 of the arms forts. Motherwill, Cabracan, and Land crab.

Oh and white glint is 2x faster... I.. got.. murdered. Gattling guns cannot even lock on. Tried using my sword loadout, got one-hit by assault armour.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen