The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Leech Osprey Causes Framedrops Since 8.0.6 Hotfix

Faderkaka

SInce the hotfix me and my friend started havinf massive framedrops for no reason at all. With some luck we found out it was the Leech Osprey that was causing them. Here are two screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/JVdLk

In these shots there are 2 leech osprey and 1 Shield osprey. First Image I have 60fps and in the second it dips down to 20fps. It's nothing wrong with my computer not my friends. We get roughly the same amout of frames loss.

My rig:

Intel core i5 2500k 3,3GHz

GTX 570

8GB RAM

Windows 7 x64

My friends rig:

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHz Dual-Core

AMD Radeon HD 6670

8 GB RAM

Windows 7 x64

Upon further investigation it's seems that the projectiles from the leech osprey that really eats up frames.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting huge fps drops too, since Update 8, mainly on corpus missions, maybe its this cause, but my fps jump from 60(vsync on) or 120+ (without) to 30 or 25, when the screen is almost filled with moas, corpus and ospreys.Tried lowering the graphics but didnt helped, my specs are:

-i5 3570k

-8Gb of ram 1600mhz

-AMD 7870 Ghz edition 2 gb of memory

-gigabyte z77x-d3h motherboard

Oh, forgot to mention im hosting almost everytime :/

Edited by paradoxnum202

I have also experienced this following that hotfix.  Previously I have never experienced any frame rate drops or slow down.  

I have noticed that the steam effect from pipes and other objects that vent steam is causing this to happen and some light sources.  I have turned off anti aliasing and this improved the issue significantly.

I turned off localized light sources and this got rid of the problem completely but I have turned it back on again because WF does look half as nice without the lovely lighting.

The slow down and frame rate drops I have experienced appear to be primarily caused by the steam jets.

Not sure what change was made that has caused this to happen as it never happened before the hotfix. Since the hotfix a couple of days ago the slow down has been very bad indeed.

My system specs are:

Intel Core i5 650 

6BG DDR3 RAM

ADM ATI Radeon HD 5570 1024MB

Edited by PeaceOfMind

• 2 weeks later...