Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Payday 2 Devs Apologize For Microtransactions

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/payday-2-studio-apologises-over-added-microtransactions/

"The past few weeks have been some of the most challenging in the history of this community," the statement reads.

"Players have been angry with us, media have written about us en masse and our volunteer moderators went on strike. For all the distress we've caused the past few weeks, I'd just like to take the time and say that we’re sorry. We've done a lot of things right in the past, but these past few weeks we screwed up.”

"We need to get better at many things, and we will do our best to improve as soon as possible."

Their first step was to have a 2 hour long discussion with their volunteer moderators (who were rightly pissed off for the constant abuse they had apparently been getting from the community due to the MTs). 

Here's a summary of what was discussed:

"Today we had a meeting with Ashley and Jones, two of our volunteer moderators. Ashley and Jones has been collecting questions from the community that we discussed during the meeting. Two of the topics were stat boosts and the latest COP reward. We're currently looking into what we can do to make up for the final COP-reward. Ashley and Jones gave several suggestions from the community that we are currently discussinginternally.Our main goal is to try to find a way to reduce or remove the random elements of the final reward, whatever that reward will be.

Regarding stat boosts, Ashley and Jones suggested that we introduce something similar to StatTrak as part of future safes, a feature used in CS:GO in their cases. This is something we've been thinking about as well, and something that we will discuss going forward. I must stress however that we cannot currently make any promises but these are things we will be discussing as we move forward."

From what I can see, they aren't planning to remove the MTs (yet) but they're trying to make it better and less scummy. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/payday-2-studio-apologises-over-added-microtransactions/

"The past few weeks have been some of the most challenging in the history of this community," the statement reads.

"Players have been angry with us, media have written about us en masse and our volunteer moderators went on strike. For all the distress we've caused the past few weeks, I'd just like to take the time and say that we’re sorry. We've done a lot of things right in the past, but these past few weeks we screwed up.”

"We need to get better at many things, and we will do our best to improve as soon as possible."

Their first step was to have a 2 hour long discussion with their volunteer moderators (who were rightly pissed off for the constant abuse they had apparently been getting from the community due to the MTs). 

Here's a summary of what was discussed:

"Today we had a meeting with Ashley and Jones, two of our volunteer moderators. Ashley and Jones has been collecting questions from the community that we discussed during the meeting. Two of the topics were stat boosts and the latest COP reward. We're currently looking into what we can do to make up for the final COP-reward. Ashley and Jones gave several suggestions from the community that we are currently discussinginternally.Our main goal is to try to find a way to reduce or remove the random elements of the final reward, whatever that reward will be.

Regarding stat boosts, Ashley and Jones suggested that we introduce something similar to StatTrak as part of future safes, a feature used in CS:GO in their cases. This is something we've been thinking about as well, and something that we will discuss going forward. I must stress however that we cannot currently make any promises but these are things we will be discussing as we move forward."

From what I can see, they aren't planning to remove the MTs (yet) but they're trying to make it better and less scummy. 

Overkill is a perfect example of a company that pushed it over the line. I used to play a lot of Payday before but, well, I don't need to explain it do I?

Good to see that they're finally trying to solve some issues though.