The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2-Step Verification Doesn't Seem To Be Working Correctly.

Truth

Question

I enabled the 2-Step Verification this morning as I thought why not. However, they haven't sent me any email with a code for login. It's been around 15 minutes so far. Not sure whether this is on their end or mine. Not really sure what to do since I can't login. 

I enabled the 2-Step Verification this morning as I thought why not. However, they haven't sent me any email with a code for login. It's been around 15 minutes so far. Not sure whether this is on their end or mine. Not really sure what to do since I can't login. 

same here. should we contact support?

Took a peak into both of your accounts and the 2-step verification has been activated. Please check your spam folder and add no-reply@warframe.com to your white-list and contacts :) 

Took a peak into both of your accounts and the 2-step verification has been activated. Please check your spam folder and add no-reply@warframe.com to your white-list and contacts :) 

Thanks for the response, however I did what you said and there's still no email. Is there an option to resend or something?

Same here, no mail yet. And yes, I've checked my spam folder. Then again, Warframe's mails (for updates and promotions) always seem to take awfully long to reach me. Hindsight is 20/20 ...

On a sidenote: Why is there no option to disable 2FA again in case it doesn't work? And since we have 2FA now, can we expect to change our mail address without having to contact support?

isn't there a change e-mail option at the forum profile? Or is that just for the forums but not the game?

That's part of the forums software and not plugged into DE's account management.

Mail arrived, it's the way across the big pond that takes so long:

Received: from war-api1.digitalextremes.com [redacted]    by [redacted] with ESMTP id [redacted]    for [redacted]; Wed, 25 Nov 2015 19:53:54 +0100 (CET)Received: from war-api1.digitalextremes.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])    by war-api1.digitalextremes.com (8.14.4/8.14.4/Debian-4.1ubuntu1) with ESMTP id [redacted]    for [redacted]; Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:42:50 -0500Received: from api.warframe.com (www-data@localhost)    by war-api1.digitalextremes.com (8.14.4/8.14.4/Submit) with SMTP id [redacted]    for [redacted]; Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:42:50 -0500X-Authentication-Warning: war-api1.digitalextremes.com: www-data owned process doing -bsMessage-ID: <[redacted]@digitalextremes.com>

11 minutes between hop 2 and 3 - after that, it's a matter of seconds.

Edited by Bibliothekar

That's part of the forums software and not plugged into DE's account management.

Mail arrived, it's your end slowing them down, DE:

Received: from war-api1.digitalextremes.com [redacted]    by [redacted] with ESMTP id [redacted]    for [redacted]; Wed, 25 Nov 2015 19:53:54 +0100 (CET)Received: from war-api1.digitalextremes.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])    by war-api1.digitalextremes.com (8.14.4/8.14.4/Debian-4.1ubuntu1) with ESMTP id [redacted]    for [redacted]; Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:42:50 -0500Received: from api.warframe.com (www-data@localhost)    by war-api1.digitalextremes.com (8.14.4/8.14.4/Submit) with SMTP id [redacted]    for [redacted]; Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:42:50 -0500X-Authentication-Warning: war-api1.digitalextremes.com: www-data owned process doing -bsMessage-ID: <[redacted]@digitalextremes.com>

11 minutes between hop 2 and 3 - after that, it's a matter of seconds.

You're saying it did eventually come for you?

It's working for me now, I didn't understand how it worked in the first place. After enabling it, you need to go inside warframe game login screen & then email arrives instantly in your mail with code (took 2 seconds for me) & enter code. Thus, you have successfully logged in. 

I don't know whether they gave instructions or not. I had to figure it on my own for it. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by IIWingSaberII

what instructions? i dont find them

What did you do?

After enabling it, you need to go inside warframe game login screen & then email arrives instantly in your mail with code (took 2 seconds for me) & enter code. Thus, you have successfully logged in. 

I don't know whether they gave instructions or not. I had to figure it on my own for it. 

Hope this helps.