Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Vauban Players..

Maulzaul

I have some complains with Vauban, but with Bastille ability which occasionally suspends my Ash (not sure if it's intended or simply a bug) thus making me unable to cast Smoke Screen and if it's on a thick situation that can mean my demise.

I'm relating this to Vauban because I never had this issue before playing with one on my team, so correct me if I'm wrong. 

I have some complains with Vauban, but with Bastille ability which occasionally suspends my Ash (not sure if it's intended or simply a bug) thus making me unable to cast Smoke Screen and if it's on a thick situation that can mean my demise.

I'm relating this to Vauban because I never had this issue before playing with one on my team, so correct me if I'm wrong. 

Bastille shouldn't suspend your Ash, but Vortex can lead to you floating around without actually touching the ground. I use Bastille constantly for Infested defense and I've never seen it suspend anyone. Are you sure it wasn't Vortex?

Bastille shouldn't suspend your Ash, but Vortex can lead to you floating around without actually touching the ground. I use Bastille constantly for Infested defense and I've never seen it suspend anyone. Are you sure it wasn't Vortex?

Now I'm confused on which of the abilities that happens, but nonetheless it's not helpful to allies who cannot cast their abilities in mid-air.

Pretty sure that experience isn't as perfectly shared as most of the "Helping you" people think it is.  Simply put, running around and moving a tesla into range and killing everything does not get as much xp for my weapons as actually making the kills myself.  Since most players need that xp, your tesla is not helping.

Add on the fact that every player is supposed to know how to kill on their own anyway, and you would have to realize that you throwing a tesla on someone isn't helping, it's just saying that they don't know how to play.

Tesla isn't a bad skill, and some people use it to pump a lot of damage into a group quickly by throwing it on friends and letting them rush in, but it isn't good to randomly throw on every player.  Like a few of the posters above, use it on friends and people that ask, don't throw it on everyone and expect them to be thankful for you probably messing with their visibility, and their kills.

This, exactly.. this

Edited by Maulzaul

I don't usually do it on purpose unless I'm playing a game with people I know. I HAVE had situations with people running in front of me just as I throw a Tesla, though, and getting it stuck on them.

That. On the other hand it makes YOU, Meleer, more dangerous, by zapping your victim. AND, you look cute, glowing.. i wish i could control the colors... for Xmas..

Actually it wasn't mine, and I thought it was hilarious.

Hilarious to me because I don't like when they do it, I play the game to kill the enemy, not have my friends power zap them dead as soon as I come around the corner.  With Focus buff, it's very deadly and takes away MY fun.

Try playing with friends or just going solo, you will have more fun that way. Trying to stop people from doing "that", will never really work, not all of us come here to the forums.