Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taking A Stab At Ultimate Modes

Doom_Bunny

Ultimate modes are great, take out this ultimate weapon and go nuts. However from many feedback threads I see people saying it's just spam "E" instead of "4". So I've been wondering if the modes can be made more then just an ultimate weapon by adjusting the other abilities while in this mode.

Extra concept for an ultimate Ember mode.

Valkyr: As a berserker I was thinking of making her abilities more aggressive and damaging while in hysteria.

Ripline: While hysteria is active ripline will actively seek out enemies. Upon contact with the enemy ripline will lift the enemy and slam them into the ground. Causing damage and knocking down nearby enemies.

Warcry: When using warcry in hysteria Valkyr will draw aggro from enemies up to certain level. The level at which Valkyra stops drawing aggro depends on her power strength.

Paralysis: Valkyr will drop 100% of her shields dealing damage in a 360 degree arc.

Hysteria/immortality: Valkyr will remain immortal but her health will now be able to drop to 1. This adds a survival risk as exiting hysteria means death.

Along with life steal Valkyr will now be able to "steal" shields to create an over shield. This allows for some synergy with paralysis.

Excal:

Slash dash: I think this ability is great with how it works with Exalted blade but I'll throw a concept anyway.  Combined with Exalted blade, slash dash Excal will spawn a clone effectively doubling the number of enemies hit and damage dealt.

Radial blind: Again this has good synergy being apart of Exalted blade's slide attack. When using the full ability radial blind it'll produce a small fire proc.

Radial Javelin: Upon contact with the enemy the javelins will produce a shock wave knocking down any nearby by enemies.

Exalted blade: With each object/enemy hit the wave shall decrease in damage. So that wave will still carry through to the end of the group but the front of the group will bear the brunt of the attack.

A charge attack from Exalted blade will produce a much larger wave that won't decrease in damage but is much slower then regular waves.

Ember Ultimate mode: Ember always reminds me of a fire caster. So instead of an ultimate weapon I was thinking of some ultimate fire wizardry using the regular fire buttons instead of 'E'.

Regular fire: Clicking/pressing regular fire will launch fireballs from Ember's hands, interchanging between hand with each click. The fireballs the selves will produce a small aoe upon contact.

Secondary fire: Holding the secondary fire button will produce a medium range flamethrower shorter range then ignis but with higher damage.

Hold regular fire: Holding the regular fire button will create a concentrated fire ball. Upon contact with the enemy the fire ball will explode rag dolling enemies in range and scorching the ground. The rag dolled enemies will not only take the initial explosive damage but also be left with a fire proc for a duration. The scorched ground will last for a duration and damage enemies walking across it.

Passive: While in her ultimate mode all of Ember's defensive stats will receive a boost. While also producing an aura of heat/flame damaging enemies that get too close.

Abilities:

Fireball: Fireball will produce a quick burst fire but Ember will suffer a small recoil arfter the ability.

Accelerant: I think it'll work fine as is....

Fire blast: The blast from this ability shall cleanse stats procs from allies, cleansing fire.

In response to the valkyr portion:

1. Paralysis already hits 360...

2. This is NOT how to handle hysteria. Running out of energy during a skill should not equal death. It makes no sense, even for a berserker.

3. I'm just gonna leave this here... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/563379-improving-valkyr-hysteria-is-not-the-only-problem/#entry6369116

I can't speak for Valkyr and Ember as I don't use Valkyr much and Ember I think is either change her ult completely or leave it as it is.

Regarding your Excalibur suggestions though,

Slash Dash: I don't like the clones much because I don't think that fits Excalibur's theme. I think Slash Dash is fine as it is considering it's a 1. I still use it frequently specially for mobility and it scales with melee mods. If anything I just wish the cone for target tracking is bigger because sometimes it feels clunky.

Radial Blind: I like the fire proc but it may be a bit overkill since blind already has so much synergy with Exalted Blade

Radial Javelin: Getting a shockwave knockdown effect on this ability would be awesome. As it stands it's Excalibur's least useful ability. It could use a small buff

Exalted Blade: Wave damage diminishing with each enemy hit is a reasonable change and would hopefully satisfy the nerf happy people.

Edited by Loki

Radial Javelin

After casting, equips the special one use void-spear "Rhongomyniad".

Similar to bow weapons, Rhongomyniad has to be charged to deal the highest amount of damage. When thrown, it flies twice as fast as a Daiyu arrow, and pins enemies to walls regardless of their HP. Once it hits a wall, it explodes with the same FX as an Giant Explosive Barrel, tinted by your Energy colour.

Can be dismissed by pressing "reload".

Edited by Lukap99

In response to the valkyr portion:

1. Paralysis already hits 360...

2. This is NOT how to handle hysteria. Running out of energy during a skill should not equal death. It makes no sense, even for a berserker.

3. I'm just gonna leave this here... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/563379-improving-valkyr-hysteria-is-not-the-only-problem/#entry6369116

1. Yeah I missed that.

2. Except it doesn't spell death, We still have life steal while in hysteria so it's possible to build up health, or you can choose to move away when low in health and energy.

2b. Another idea I had was to stack health from slain enemies onto Valkyr but something would need to happen to the extra health upon exiting hysteria.

3.*A different person's idea in another person's thread* How rude :P (I'll go over it later)

Edited by Postal_pat