Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting Warframe Without Steam

GL.exe

Question

Can anyone give me a guide as to how I can start Warframe without having Steam running?

I'm asking because Steam has a tendency to "no connection" and refuses to start some games, Warframe included. I havn't had this problem since a while back because resolved this issue by uninstalling Warframe from Steam and reinstalled it directly from the official site to avoid this from happening again. Now, due to Tennogen Steam Workshop, I've uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam again, figuring out that I won't be able to manually start Warframe without Steam.

Note: Steam sometimes changes to "No Connection" even if your internet connection is in perfect condition.

So if anyone knows how and are willing to share than I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by ExxeFrame

5 answers to this question

My bad, I meant Steam's "No Connection." I've edited it to No Connection instead of Offline for clarity.

Note: Steam sometimes changes to "No Connection" even if your internet is in perfect condition.

What I mean is when you set it to offline mode, it shouldn't even attempt to make a connection, so losing connection to the Steam servers shouldn't disconnect your Warframe game.

https://warframe.com/download

Download from here. The good thing about Warframe compared to majority of other games out there, they don't force you to download their game through an exclusive platform such as Steam, Origin, etc.

Options for preference is always best for everyone.

That's where I downloaded after uninstalling from Steam, it doesn't include Tennogen Workshop cuz Steam. It's cuz of this that I uninstalled and reinstalled through Steam again: Downloading through Steam instead of the Website.

You can set Steam to offline mode manually, and still start Warframe with no problems. 

My bad, I meant Steam's "No Connection." I've edited it to No Connection instead of Offline for clarity.

Note: Steam sometimes changes to "No Connection" even if your internet is in perfect condition.

Edited by ExxeFrame

What I mean is when you set it to offline mode, it shouldn't even attempt to make a connection, so losing connection to the Steam servers shouldn't disconnect your Warframe game.

Ohh, okay, great thanks! Tested, Confirmed.

Edited by ExxeFrame