The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Wukong Build(Tips)

Evanderlism

Question

Redirection you dont need. Narrow minded too and Blind rage.

Dont need redirection, better put constitution or intensify in.

Narrow minded kills your range, not cool as wukong. Can put p continuity in.

Blind rage kills your efficiency, you WILL need efficiency for 2 and 4 so, out with it and put in p. flow.

Also, put fleeting expertise on rank 3 in, saves you some duration and gives yo 70% energy efficiency which is as good as perfect.

Edited by IceColdHawk

streamline and fleeting are off. there is a cap you know. I'd up blind rage a bit.

Redirection you dont need. Narrow minded too and Blind rage.

Dont need redirection, better put constitution or intensify in.

Narrow minded kills your range, not cool as wukong. Can put p continuity in.

Blind rage kills your efficiency, you WILL need efficiency for 2 and 4 so, out with it and put in p. flow.

Also, put fleeting expertise on rank 3 in, saves you some duration and gives yo 70% energy efficiency which is as good as perfect.

Thanks a lot guys i'll try these out. I was using blind rage just for decent damage on primal fury but i guess its irellavent if i lower my efficiency and yeah this build had no space for flow so i'll try that out. Btw are you saying get rid of redirection because i have rage and defy?

And yeah i'll chuck in primed cont :)

Edited by Evanderlism

Thanks a lot guys i'll try these out. I was using blind rage just for decent damage on primal fury but i guess its irellavent if i lower my efficiency and yeah this build had no space for flow so i'll try that out. Btw are you saying get rid of redirection because i have rage and defy?

And yeah i'll chuck in primed cont :)

Rage + Defy in combination with life strike gives you an unkillable wukong, though you don't rly need life strike, just make sure that you reactivate defy when it got used too often and gives you not enough hp anymore. Conclusion: No need for redirection :)

Rage + Defy in combination with life strike gives you an unkillable wukong, though you don't rly need life strike, just make sure that you reactivate defy when it got used too often and gives you not enough hp anymore. Conclusion: No need for redirection :)

Ah ok. What's the efficiency like on your wukong cause i'm kinda worried about it. Raising my duration wouldn't really counteract the loss of efficiency would it?

Ah ok. What's the efficiency like on your wukong cause i'm kinda worried about it. Raising my duration wouldn't really counteract the loss of efficiency would it?

I got fleeting expertise rank 3 and streamline (70% efficiency). Then p continuity and constitution. Got enough efficiency and duration. All no probs.

Narrowminded is okay to have and it will kill your range with Primal Fury but you only need to have reach on your melee and the more hits you accumulate on your counter the "longer" the staff will be. However the staff is currently bugged so visually it will extend to great lengths but it will not increase the hit box of the staff.

If you truly want to be un-killable, use an all out duration build. When your defy ticks, you have a tremendous period of invulnerability that opens up a window for you to life strike back the rest of your missing health. Tap defy off then tap it back on to refresh the "reduction" cost of reviving.(After you "die" - make sure you life strike to full and find a safe spot to reset Defy)

Duration also helps lower the energy costs for channeling abilities. So you only need to put streamline to ensure you get around 0.75~ per second mark with Primal Fury on while you can also have Defy on for 1.25~ per second. With a grand total of 2 energy per second.

Also, for your 3, you'll enjoy having an escape option that has a long duration and generously low cost as you move around. Just remember to tap roll during the time you're up in the clouds, you can move faster this way.

Rely mostly on your melee weapon's range and melee range mods for the staff. If you don't have prime reach you can use both reach and stretch together to cover the missing length.

Info about Wukong's staff:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/565838-wukongs-staff-length-with-1024-hits35x-melee-counterin-under-a-few-minutes-and-how-you-can-get-the-same-results/?p=6406450

Edited by ViLeDeth

Narrowminded won't kill your range - just have reach on your melee and the more hits you accumulate on your counter the "longer" the staff will be. However the staff is currently bugged so visually it will extend to great lengths but it will not increase the hit box of the staff.

If you truly want to be un-killable, use an all out duration build. When your defy ticks, you have a tremendous period of invulnerability that opens up a window for you to life strike back the rest of your missing health. Tap defy off then tap it back on to refresh the "reduction" cost of reviving.(After you "die")

Duration also helps lower the energy costs for channeling abilities. So you only need to put streamline to ensure you get to the 0.75 per second mark with Primal Fury on while you can also have Defy on for 1.25 per second. With a grand total of 2 energy per second.

Also, for your 3, you'll enjoy having an escape option that has a long duration and generously low cost as you move around. Just remember to tap roll during the time you're up in the clouds, you can move faster this way.

Rely mostly on your melee weapon's range and melee range mods for the staff. If you don't have prime reach you can use both reach and stretch together to cover the missing length.

Info about Wukong's staff:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/565838-wukongs-staff-length-with-1024-hits35x-melee-counterin-under-a-few-minutes-and-how-you-can-get-the-same-results/?p=6406450

Thanks a lot! My main worry is that i might make one of his better 3 abilities become obsolete and i'd rather it not be primal fury because its badass ;)

Thanks a lot! My main worry is that i might make one of his better 3 abilities become obsolete and i'd rather it not be primal fury because its badass ;)

2-4 will be fine.

1 will suffer the range reduction.

3 will lose the stun range but that's ok.

If you're looking to capitalize on Defy+P.Fury then duration maxed out with melee range mod will start you off fine. The Combo Meter (how many hits you accumulate) is the only thing that really makes it grow. 

Could probably put intensify in for constitution, does more damage but i would rely more on weapon melee mods.

2-4 will be fine.

1 will suffer the range reduction.

3 will lose the stun range but that's ok.

If you're looking to capitalize on Defy+P.Fury then duration maxed out with melee range mod will start you off fine. The Combo Meter (how many hits you accumulate) is the only thing that really makes it grow. 

thanks a lot guys i reckon i'll usemy orthos prime that has primed reach. Also i'll probably stick with constitution over intensify

Can confirm, Wukong's range penalty while using Narrow Minded is hardly noticeable as long as you have a melee weapon with Primed Reach equipped.  Pretty much anything above R5 on it is acceptable.

Here's a build I've been using.

TzB5av5.jpg

Max efficiency to allow for Primal Fury + Defy to run simultaneously with a cumulative drain of 2 energy/sec, with a topped out Primed Flow for what essentially equates to just about 3 and a half minutes of continuous ability channeling.  Even with Narrow Minded killing the range on Primal Fury, using Reach mods on your melee weapon should offset this enough to where you're still clearing mobs at fairly high levels.  I'll openly say that I don't know if that's intended or not though, so if they patch Wukong to have more penalties associated with Narrow Minded I'll probably revise this build.

The above build also gives your Defy an 8-second invulnerability time which should be plenty of time to revive someone and then gtfo if you need to, or Life Strike your way back to max health.  Armored Agility and Rush for ground mobility just for personal preference, but you can drop them for Vitality and the Exilus mod of your choice, should you decide you want one.

Can confirm, Wukong's range penalty while using Narrow Minded is hardly noticeable as long as you have a melee weapon with Primed Reach equipped.  Pretty much anything above R5 on it is acceptable.

Here's a build I've been using.

TzB5av5.jpg

Max efficiency to allow for Primal Fury + Defy to run simultaneously with a cumulative drain of 2 energy/sec, with a topped out Primed Flow for what essentially equates to just about 3 and a half minutes of continuous ability channeling.  Even with Narrow Minded killing the range on Primal Fury, using Reach mods on your melee weapon should offset this enough to where you're still clearing mobs at fairly high levels.  I'll openly say that I don't know if that's intended or not though, so if they patch Wukong to have more penalties associated with Narrow Minded I'll probably revise this build.

The above build also gives your Defy an 8-second invulnerability time which should be plenty of time to revive someone and then gtfo if you need to, or Life Strike your way back to max health.  Armored Agility and Rush for ground mobility just for personal preference, but you can drop them for Vitality and the Exilus mod of your choice, should you decide you want one.

thats an impressive build forma'd 4 times 0_0

Unluckily for me i dont have a primed flow yet

I'll probs use rush as well sometimes his sprint speed is painful

Edited by Evanderlism

I understand you people not caring about the range cuz primed reach on melee mods, but i'd like to let enemies tumble with my 3 and onehit them with a dagger or go deal tons of damage for a few seconds to them. While they're tumbling they take stealth damage. Also, i don't see a reason to go for much duration. You don't really need a high invincible timer on your defy, you're invincible because of rage anyway.

I understand you people not caring about the range cuz primed reach on melee mods, but i'd like to let enemies tumble with my 3 and onehit them with a dagger or go deal tons of damage for a few seconds to them. While they're tumbling they take stealth damage. Also, i don't see a reason to go for much duration. You don't really need a high invincible timer on your defy, you're invincible because of rage anyway.

The more defy procs the less HP you regen. until it kills you. 

or until you retoggle it. 

the longer it lasts the more energy youll save while you also have your 4th abil active. 

4th and 2nd abil are channel abils so duration effects their drain. 

and with my build, I use steel fiber to tank more while using my 4th so defy procs less still so i save energy. 

but, to each their own playstyle, cause I dont use daggers. 

Edited by Vesiga

you make a fair point though i do have to ask how long your stun from cloudwalk lasts. I'll try out both sides of wukong and see which i prefer. lots of range + some duration or lots of duration + barely any range

Edited by Evanderlism

you make a fair point though i do have to ask how long your stun from cloudwalk lasts. I'll try out both sides of wukong and see which i prefer. lots of range + some duration or lots of duration + barely any range

stun from the cloud is a set duration. and its very low. almost useless if you don't act quick enough

Znb9tRS.jpg

I use his 3 for those finishers because they are awesome. I have a separate build to include range just for that ability's stun.

I'd rather milk the invulnerability as long as possible to let potential HP replenish through Arcane Grace procs than let the ability drain all of my energy and get downed as a result.

On top of that, if you're doing Spy missions with this build, your Cloud Walker stun will alert cameras.  Not really worth mentioning as a main point, but still enough of a facet to justify not running default range in my case, because that's how I farm mid-grade void keys.  Again, just personal preference.

ok so i'll run quite a lot of duration my only issue right now is basically attaining primed flow. Has anyone got an estimate of how much it'd be on average on the trading channel for an unranked one?

Also thanks a lot for all the help and tips guys i think i have an idea for a few other frames as well now

Edited by Evanderlism

I had never any problems with that because rage is actually refilling my energy back up when enemies try to kill me. It's not hard to retoggle it after it got used like 20 times or so, one can also life strike once and then refill energy up again. Honestly, it doesn't really matter. I'm using +43% duration in total and it works out pretty well while still maintaining a good range. You can have lots o'duration but dont really need that. Sure it is cool to have a longer invincible timer but really, it's not really noticable if you're unkillable or unkillable.