Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Platinum Payment With Gift Cards

UmbraFalcon

Question

Hello

I am trying to buy some platinum for in-game use via a Gamestop Gift Card I recently purchased. Last night I was able to get a 20% discount from the login system and I attempted to redeem the card for paying platinum. I have encountered a problem that I cannot seem to figure out. Since I have purchased a $20 (USD) GameStop card with a 20% discount still active, I tried to get the 370 platinum purchase option for $15.00 as it was marked down from $19.00 because of the discount. I entered the card information and clicked the "Check Balance" option but I encountered an error code: 1017, saying that my balance was too low. When I saw this, I tried the platinum purchase for 170 platinum for $7.99 being marked down from $9.99 with discount. After I entered the information and click "Check Balance", it seemed to work this time. I took a look at the payment summary and saw that the platinum purchase price of $7.99 (USD) was being totaled up as $14.70 with $6.71 left over. Can someone please explain this to me as I am not going to use my giftcard until I get more information about this situation.

4 answers to this question

I had a 50% discount, so I decided to buy a 50$ gift card from Walmart to pay for some Platinum.

Tried and I got an error message that the amount wasn't high enough- even though it clearly says Total: 49.99

Talked to the payment support for 1 hour, with no real answer, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the $24.99 package.

This resulted in a message that the payment company would charge $9.50 to process the payment.

Explained why I couldn't buy the $49.99 package with my $50 Gift card but that payment charge is RIDICULOUS!
Especially with no notice of this charge anywhere, or I would have bought a $60 gift card to buy the $49.99 package!

Edited by CarlosNorris