Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Return Of Mystery Science Theater 3000!

RpTheHotrod

You can't recreate something that amazing just by "a new cast" and "inviting any of the old crew to be a cameo". I mean come on Joel? WTF?

NO THANKS

If you guys liked MST3K, go over and support Mike, Kevin and Bill over at RiffTrax.

I TOTALLY get where you're coming from, but bear in mind, the show was always like this. However, they did get cut early. They planned on every ~100 or episodes to have a new host, new voice actors, and new "villians'. They did just that. Joel was replaced by Mike. Dr. Forester dude got replaced by his Mother. Crow's voice actor was replaced by another voice actor.  Mike hit about 97 or 98 episodes so he was just about to get replaced, but then the network just cancelled the show. Technically they are just continuing on the tradition.

With that being said, it won't be the same, but I'll give it a chance considering their transition worked from the first 100 episodes to the next with Mike and the new cast.

Edited by RpTheHotrod

I TOTALLY get where you're coming from, but bear in mind, the show was always like this. However, they did get cut early. They planned on every ~100 or episodes to have a new host, new voice actors, and new "villians'. They did just that. Joel was replaced by Mike. Dr. Forester dude got replaced by his Mother. Crow's voice actor was replaced by another voice actor.  Mike hit about 97 or 98 episodes so he was just about to get replaced, but then the network just cancelled the show. Technically they are just continuing on the tradition.

With that being said, it won't be the same, but I'll give it a chance considering their transition worked from the first 100 episodes to the next with Mike and the new cast.

You make a good point, but you forget that one of the key reasons for it's success was the writing. VERY early on in MST3K Mike became the head writer, with the rest of the cast/crew contributing (I think it was even as early as season 2 that Mike became head writer for the show).

So, you do make a good point with the cycling through of cast, but what I think i'm most worried about is who the writers are. But I'll try and keep my nostalgia and loyalty to the old show in check and see how this revamp works out. While I have hopes it'll be good, I'm not gonna bank on it.

But yeah, you made a good point, so I'll give it a shot.

Still, for any mystie fans still around, give Mike, Kevin and Bill at Rifftrax a try. They really do a great job still keeping up the commentary on older and new movies and their live shows are a blast.

You make a good point, but you forget that one of the key reasons for it's success was the writing. VERY early on in MST3K Mike became the head writer, with the rest of the cast/crew contributing (I think it was even as early as season 2 that Mike became head writer for the show).

So, you do make a good point with the cycling through of cast, but what I think i'm most worried about is who the writers are. But I'll try and keep my nostalgia and loyalty to the old show in check and see how this revamp works out. While I have hopes it'll be good, I'm not gonna bank on it.

But yeah, you made a good point, so I'll give it a shot.

Still, for any mystie fans still around, give Mike, Kevin and Bill at Rifftrax a try. They really do a great job still keeping up the commentary on older and new movies and their live shows are a blast.

You also make a good point. My biggest fear is that the newcomers will be "trying too hard"...and by newcomers I mean actors + writers. At least Joel will be writing.

Edited by RpTheHotrod