Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposition For The Upcoming Simulacrum: Equipment Experimentation.

tnccs215

The upcoming simulacrum rework, more than purely visual and tactical, comes with a ratter important functionality: The ability to change equipment in the spot, allowing for much confortable and faster testing.

I've also noticed another relatively common ask around the forums: The ability to try and test a weapon prior to buying/making it. Fact is, its relatively hard to figure out if you like a weapon (or any piece of equipment, for that matter) before trying it, and when you are a new player and still have few resources and/or time, to be able to try weapons is very convenient.

Before the appearance of cephalon simaris, this was deemed difficult due to the lack of a controlled, "virtual" environment. However, such is no longer the case. It is now possible to get this feature, and it would be marvelous to see it finally implemented.

On a related topic, it would also be useful to be allowed to forma, potato and "insta-level" equipment there, to better allow testing.

Nice suggestion ! 

Planetside 2, another Free to Play, had a similar system of a virtual playground with all weapons and vehicles unlocked for testing. It's a wonderful toy for new players and allow them to not feel cheated when they waste a precious potato or forma on something that didn't quite turn out as expected - And it's a very useful tool for Veterans to refine their builds.

To people that think that such a system would lower DE's revenue stream because players wouldn't buy as much, I'll tell that, in my opinion, people actually tend to buy more freely when they know exactly what they can expect from an item.

Edited by lukaself

That would be amazing for testing. I doubt they would do that since that requires a lot of time and game code. Though I don't see why not adding that just to make testing equipment easier.

Exactly. Though, if they can make equipment changeable while on mission, they probably can make it triable :3