The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Indestructible Battalyst

VojnikFrost

Question

I can't kill the Battalyst on the third part of The Second Dream. I understand that it adapts to damage, but all of my weapons are doing basically nothing to it. It's taking eternity to kill, and I get the feeling it shouldn't be this insanely difficult. It tears through my 500 shield and hits for about 200 of my health per shot.

I get that it's supposed to be difficult, but is it really meant to be THIS difficult?

15 answers to this question

I'm not sure either, doesn't seem like different damage types are the answer, I had a Hek with corrosive and a Lex prime with Ice and neither seemed to do significantly better against the Battalysts.

Maybe it has something to do with the new focus system.

Don't you have to complete this quest to unlock the system though?

Don't you have to complete this quest to unlock the system though?

Yeah, it might be that the Battalysts are intended to be really tanky for the quest, and when the player has the means to kill them quickly, they will become a more common enemy in the proper sentient update.

But like someone above said, if you can do enough damage quickly, you might be able to kill a Battalyst before it adapts.

I'm having a game-breakingly hard time fighting the new enemies. I've tried just about everything... all my weapons have different elemental damage types, but I just cannot take these things down. I'm not a new player with low-level, barely modded gear, either... I'm almost mastery level 17, and I've got plenty of maxed out mods, including Serration.  My favorite loadout is an Amprex with corrosive, Akbronco Prime with blast, and a Lecta with magnetic, while using Volt Prime.  By the time I get the enemies down to low health, they're only taking THREE damage from literally anything I can throw at them... guns, melee, even my warframe powers.

These things are nigh invincible, and practically impossible to solo. It's completely ruined the quest for me to the point that I can't even finish it. It's a complete miracle I even made it to the third part, where I'm completely stuck while everyone else seems to have gone on ahead with ease and left me in the dust... and hardly anyone is talking about this issue.

Everyone always says "Oh just switch to a different weapon", and yet when I do that, after a little while, I'm left with ALL of my weapons (INCLUDING my warframe powers) doing about 3 damage to the damned things, and yet I'm losing 200-500 off my shield and about 200 off my health with every attack.  It's completely unfair.

And this isn't the Dark Souls type of unfair where once you learn the pattern you can beat the enemy. No, this is just blatantly unfair to the point of rendering the enemy problematic.  I got so desparate to just further progress in the quest that I tried running away from the enemy. (Spoilers: It didn't work and I STILL died).

I don't like to be that guy, but these enemies are literally impossible to solo, and I have a serious, deep-rooted fear that playing quests with other players will end up with a cool bit of story getting skipped over by some impatient person, and then I'll literally NEVER be able to see that bit of story again, because quests are not replayable.

The first one in the void key part I managed to kill (eventually) and the ones that show up later on I legged it and actually managed to get away but yeah they get to about 1/4 or 1/5 health and start taking 10s from my sybaris crits. Something did happen though, where when their purple-blade things got shot off and they took normal 300ish from that, but it only lasted a short time and the blades had an inconsistent way of being shot off.

Edited by Drali-Dragon

Very long quote

The only thing I agree with is their high damage for lvl 30 enemies. It wasn't that hard soloing the quest and killing them afterwards.

I used a renewal built oberon, opticor with radiation, vaykor marelok with magnetic/toxin, didnt use melee, sweeper prime with corrosive/blast.

I started off with shooting fully charged opticor shots. Once I start dealing very low damage, I switch to marelok while my sweeper is continuously shooting at it.

edit: The one from the quest seems a bit stronger than the others but I used the same tactic and it worked. Also kite them!

Edited by MrJxt

So I'm a frost prime with a no-forma Soma Prime and I was doing missions all day with my brother and we learned that if you can hard cc them they can't become immune to the damage type so i just use my avalanche to keep them perma stunned and kill them that way.

Sentients are able to adapt to your damage. So variety is the key. If all your weapons are primarily Slash and Viral (for example), you're going to have a hard time against them. Because after a certain amount of damage, they build up insane resistances.

When going to the moon, you'll have to mod differently than against other enemies. Each weapon should have a different physical/elemental focus. And try to switch early, before Lotus tells you that it has built up resistance. Abilities can be quite useful, too.