The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Audio Won't Play Through My Headphones

JMP3

Question

This very well be solely on my end, but putting it here in case anyone else has had this issue.  SO, before U18 launched, whenever I'd plug in headphones and then start up Warframe, I'd have no issues and the audio would play properly.  Then with the new update, that stopped working.  Now the game's audio will only play though my computer speakers and not my headphones, no matter how many times I restart the game or my compute.

Anyone else have similar problems or even any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

Make sure you have drivers installed for your headset. If they work for other things, that should mean it's installed properly. Also, WF will not switch audio sources, so if you switch from one audio output device to another, i.e. from speakers to a headset, WF will simply stop making noise if you swap AFTER getting to the launcher. If you have switched, simply close the launcher/window and restart. If this isn't your issue, I dunno what's going on then.

Go to your audio settings. Now there is an option to select where you want the sound to output.  You should see your headphones as one option.  I had this problem last night and it took me a  while to figure it out.

I....can't believe I didn't think of that.  Much appreciated.  Issue's solved and I feel like an idiot.