The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scythe Models

Manric

Anyone else find the scythe models (Reaper Prime and Hate) to look kind of small? I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like the handle is really short and the blade isn't as long as it should be.

The handle goes from your head down to your legs and the blades are long enough IMO.

Well compared to the scythe used by the reaper which goes from the floor to 3 heads above the player and a blade that is 1.5 the length of the body, the in-game scythe are small.

The handle goes from your head down to your legs and the blades are long enough IMO.

Well, that's the thing.

Scythe handles are much larger than that. The weapon is generally supposed to have a lot of reach.

Like... a farming scythe is pretty much the size of a person. The Reaper Prime looks like an oversized kama more than a Scythe to me.

Check out Zasalamel. I can't think of a more iconic video game scythe weilder. His scythe is the size of his body and he's a pretty @(*()$ huge dude. The blade on his is about as long as the entire length of Warframe's scythes.

http://static.zerochan.net/Zasalamel.full.181246.jpg

Edited by Manric

Well, that's the thing.

Scythe handles are much larger than that. The weapon is generally supposed to have a lot of reach.

Like... a farming scythe is pretty much the size of a person. The Reaper Prime looks like an oversized kama more than a Scythe to me.

Check out Zasalamel. I can't think of a more iconic video game scythe weilder. His scythe is the size of his body and he's a pretty @(*()$ huge dude. The blade on his is about as long as the entire length of Warframe's scythes.

Does it bug you THAT much though? And It wouldn't be possible having it hanging on your back as a melee weapon then, unless you make the Warframes taller. Cause in real-life, you don't see people with Scythes on their back, they use them and then drop them off at a shed or whatever place they have for their tools.

Edit: Or yeah, you could have the top side (Blade) face upwards, but that would look terrible.

Edited by tatcher

Does it bug you THAT much though? And It wouldn't be possible having it hanging on your back as a melee weapon then, unless you make the Warframes taller. Cause in real-life, you don't see people with Scythes on their back, they use them and then drop them off at a shed or whatever place they have for their tools.

Edit: Or yeah, you could have the top side (Blade) face upwards, but that would look terrible.

Well, yes it does bug me, or I wouldn't have made a thread. Derp.

I didn't say make them oversized like scythes in Vindictus that stick out 4 feet about the characters head, I said make them actually resemble scythes instead of large kamas. A scythe the size of the Warframe itself will easily fit on the back and look much less awkward.

The Model would clip into the background at times, but it would exude a more "damn powerful" feeling

I just don't like the scythe models in general.

The Hate looks like a pickaxe, not even sure what the Reaper Prime is supposed to be.

I've never seen a scythe with a blade on two sides, it's always been on large blade on a single side.

Like this:

Scythe.jpg

The Hate looks like a pickaxe, not even sure what the Reaper Prime is supposed to be.

I've never seen a scythe with a blade on two sides, it's always been on large blade on a single side.

Like this:

Scythe.jpg

ehm... there are blades on both sides of that one. please confirm your content is legit before using it. and that is a weapon scythe, weapon scythes are not like farming scythes, weapon scythes may have dual edges, and shorter blades and shorter handles, more like a polearm with a dagger turned 90 degrees at the end, a bent dagger with a thin blade.

ehm... there are blades on both sides of that one. please confirm your content is legit before using it. and that is a weapon scythe, weapon scythes are not like farming scythes, weapon scythes may have dual edges, and shorter blades and shorter handles, more like a polearm with a dagger turned 90 degrees at the end, a bent dagger with a thin blade.

Right. I did notice that thing on the other side of my image, which is quite obviously for decoration, and not for combat.

Look at Hate and the Reaper Prime, those weapons quite clearly have two blades made for attacking, which (I personally) have never seen before in any media.

Also, if you're going to try be a smartass and tell me to post "legit content", how about you check your own facts first.

Real war scythes don't look like my image, Hate, or Reaper prime.

Fighting with a blade at 90 degrees is impractical, and war scythes had a blade that pointed upwards, rather than rotated 90 degrees.

Basically just a polearm. (like posted above)

"But wait, that's a farming scythe! Actual scythes used for fighting must be smaller!"

250px-Polish_scythemen_1863.PNG

I am aware of Warscythes. They are polearms made with re-purposed farming scythe blades. Maybe we'll get one when the polearms get added to the game, but I wouldn't hold my breath. While they are decent weapons they aren't exactly what most people think of when you say "scythe".

Sometimes something gets lodged in the public consciousness so hard you can't get it out. Look at them calling a throwing disk a glaive instead of chakram.

Like this:

Scythe.jpg

I have to agree ive seen it used and it doesn't look much like a scythe to me. If they reduced the size of the smaller blade so its less obvious, giving the main blade visually large size. Id be happy, still farming stalker for despair and hate after giving up on the gambling....i mean void.