The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me " Lock " My Most Valuable Mods, So They Can't Be Sold / Fused / Etc

We need this as part of a larger mod overhaul.  Better UI, polarity filters, stacking duplicates, underclocking, use your FULL inventory to set the loadout for each weapon/frame, and fix that annoying fusion bug that makes you have to exit the mod screen and go back in in order to fuse some mods.

Having done this before, I think this would be really great to have. Keep it so the mod can be moved between weapons and keep it so that the mod can have others fused into it: just make it so it can't be fused into another.

+1 from me.

I haven't accidentally used a high level/rare mod when fusing, yet.

+1

And I have an addition:

i am pretty annoyed by switching warframes or weapons and having to look for my leveled mods between all that garbage I have. Why don't we go a step further and make "favorites" which are basically what OP said plus they get displayed first in the mod list when you equip them to a weapon. This way you have all your strong mods on the first page and can change equip them more easily.

+1 to this as well.

Having to search through 6 pages of Redirection to find my high leveled Redirection mod is incredibly frustrating when changing frames.

+1

This along with a bulk-select option, such as holding Alt and clicking a mod to select all identical mods with the exclusion of those with locks active.

After neglecting my mods for a long while, I check the library,

see "Duplicates:386" and NOPE out of there.

It's attained critical mass and is now a black hole.

Edited by Denninja

+1

but i would change lock/unlock to favorite/unfavorite

favorited mods:

- will always be sorted first (under weapons/warframes, arsenal, and everywhere else)

- can neither be sold nor fused into others (you basically can't "lose" them)

- can still be upgraded and switched between weapons/warframes

while this would be a major improvement to the mod system, the item system doesn't really need this _yet_. (there are less items than mods and they are stackable)

the favorite system for items would be like this:

favorited weapons/warframes:

- will always be sorted first (inventory, selection screen, and everywhere else)

- can not be sold

- can still be upgraded and formated

favorited blueprints/parts:

- will always be sorted first (inventory, foundry, and everywhere else)

- can not be sold

- can still be built

in order to decrease user frustration:

- when a favorited mod/item/whatever gets selected, the sell button greys out immediately (less frustrating message boxes)

- when hovering over a favorited mod while fuseing, the lock symbol expands over the whole mod and the mod can't be selected (visible warning without message boxes)

All of my yes.

I was going to suggest something like requiring an acknowledgement whenever you go to fuse a mod that has levels in it but this is even better.

I would also suggest a checkbox to filter out locked mods. That way you can see exactly what your fusing fodder is without having to sift through all the ones you want to keep.