The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge Frame Drops From U17 --> U18 (And Arsenal Bugs)

LumosUmbrai

My computer is nowhere near top of the line, and I know it would obviously be affected by new graphics being implemented from the new update. But what I don't understand is I went from loading in quickly, 50 fps, and rarely freezing to: Loading INCREDIBLY slow, MAYBE getting 20 fps, and freezing constantly.

Also there are an incredible amount of bugs brought in from U18, including arsenal bugs with people loading in with no weapons and being completely useless.

Will be checking back on this, thanks for your time. :)

Edited by LumosUmbrai

Same here, before the update I could manage around 15  or higher frames in a 4 man squad in most gamemodes, now, the moment I either load into a full squad, or a 4th joins mine, it plummets to 5 frames per second regardless of the gamemode.

Same here, the performance and connectivity got worse with the update to the point where I got killed on the last wave of yesterday's sortie because I got from 60-1fps and back constantly. Also I got booted from so many matches since the update and there is a delay in quite to every action.

Even actions on the forge and arsenal take a few seconds to get recognized.

I reduced the graphic to potato quality but it's still quite laggy. My connection is also ok, if you can trust the ingame check (~16ms ping all the time). 

EDIT: the forum is quite slow too, took about 30s to edit this post.

Edited by ThugQ

I've noticed this as well. The worst thing is, when I talk on Skype or have a music in the background playing, I'm getting EXTREME freezes unseen before. Freezes happen completly randomly and usually last 10-60(!) seconds. Try to do the Spy with this! (No, before the update I had no such problem.)

Well, drops to 45 fps not so tragic... I used to love 45 fpson my old Laptop.

R.I.P. GT720M, you can't handle that much anymore...

P.S. Currently Enjoying 24 fps on Lisette (was 60) ;) Don't ask about my FPM on Death-squad deploy.

P.P.S. 18 fps Neptune. Thanks for the 3 quest mission on Neptune.

Edited by Stormhold

Im experiencing this as well as freezes when opening arsenal, it just hangs there for a bit before opening at all - makes it hard for quick frame changes when you get sudden invites from friends.. squads always full by the time it loads and Ive changed now.

No issues, no lag, no fps weirdness prior to U18 so it's definately chewing a whole lot of people to pieces.

I ran across something that might help you guys and its helped me on both my AMD and Nvidia systems is to enable vsync in the display settings in game. Its probably set to auto, change that to on and it might help. Then restart the game. 

I have 6 systems all with different configs but the two I've tested it on 750ti and 7850 rigs seems to have fixed most of my horrible performance issues, lagging, tearing, freezing, and dreadful FPS drops. 

Guys, I don't really know if this is a specific problem of the U18 but I don't remember having it before so it must be from this update:
The game works fine when solo, but the exact second I join a squad, even when being in the liset, my computer freezes for 1 second every 2 seconds aprox (Freezes for one second, works fine for 2 seconds, freezes again)
I got told that my PC specs may be a problem so to be sure I'll leave GPU, CPU and RAM and OS here and if you need any more data you can tell me
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT740
CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 645 processor (4 CPUs) 3.1 GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Also if it's relevant my computer runs DirectX 12

i7 4790K, 16Gb DDR3 1866, R9 390X, 256Gb Samsung SSD, Windows 8.1 x64

While a Kubrow is my active companion (possibly related: Sahasa Kubrow using the complete pack that came in the Trinity prime accessories pack), accessing the Arsenal and viewing mods (either entering or exiting the mod view, regardless of which mod-capable item I'm viewing) will cause the game to freeze for a very noticeable time. It doesn't happen at all when I'm using a Sentinel.

Also, framerate will drop if using vsync. It didn't drop at all below 60 fps regardless of what type of missions I played, but it has started going down to 35 fps in many different missions. Vsync OFF is unnafected (average 115 fps)

I noticed the game lets me choose my own level of anisotropic filtering now, which is awesome. However, completely disabling it did not improve the framerate issues when compared to 16x. (and made the game look a little worse)

Edited by dRoGoZ

Intel Core i7 3770k 5Ghz 16GB corsair dominator platinum memory GTX Titan X (not overclcocked i know overclockingn the gpu dosnt mix well with warframe) 

prior to U18 with gsync disabled i was hitting the 500frps hard cap at 2560x1440p now weather gsync is enabled or not i start void defense missions at 120-130frps and by wave 15 am running at 7-15frps.

Will Digital Extremes be doing a game/video engine optimization anytime soon? Playing witcher 3 wild hunt on ultra settings i get 144 frps constant.

Also my GPU usage drops as the mission goes. at the start of the mission im using 98% of the GPU, by wave 15 im using 30% of the GPU power.

Edited by floydkid

Intel Core i7 3770k 5Ghz 16GB corsair dominator platinum memory GTX Titan X (not overclcocked i know overclockingn the gpu dosnt mix well with warframe) 

prior to U18 with gsync disabled i was hitting the 500frps hard cap at 2560x1440p now weather gsync is enabled or not i start void defense missions at 120-130frps and by wave 15 am running at 7-15frps.

Will Digital Extremes be doing a game/video engine optimization anytime soon? Playing witcher 3 wild hunt on ultra settings i get 144 frps constant.

Also my GPU usage drops as the mission goes. at the start of the mission im using 98% of the GPU, by wave 15 im using 30% of the GPU power.

well I gotta say warframe is CPU bound and it sucs balls.

with that kind of CPU I see why you get less performance but still it is pretty worse I hope Warframe gets better performance when the DX12 api is implemented.

Chao, The Roaring Lion Warlord of Shadow Lords