Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Marelok And Focus

Tyroki

You get sweet eff all.

While frames and plenty of weapons can get thousands of focus per match, the Vaykor Marelok struggles to get even 100.

Not only do you have to be incredibly careful as to where you put your first lens, you can easily be absolutely crapped on by the system if you have no knowledge whatsoever, and no plat to buy more.

Much as I love the laser, I can't even expand on it.

Well from what I've been reading. Since you threw it on the Vaykor Marelok. You have to use it most of the time if not all to get a decent amount of focus points. Putting it on a Vaykor Marelok might've been a bad choice for you first lense though. (Don't feel bad, others made a wrong choice to for their first lense) I've read that some ppl put them on their main frame or a main primary weapon & have no problem getting a decent amount of points.

Also to note. There is no focus points sharing. You have to kill with the Vaykor Marelok only to gain points. You won't gain from using your abilities, primary, or melee if equipped on your secondary.

Well from what I've been reading anyway.

Yeah. Have been in missions where an Ash with a lens has gotten upwards of 8000 focus, while others have struggled to make 800 as support frames such as Trinity. Terrible distribution of focus points, and completely unindicative of team contribution, which should be more important than personal damage; especially in missions such as Survival where a Nekros is arguably the most important frame in the long term.

As with nearly all other gripes in the feedback forums at the moment, I have to again point out that the information given out along with the release of the focus system is showing itself to be even worse than sub-par; it's downright harmful to players as to how little they know about it at this stage.

Heck, I only just found out about greater lenses - after having put my lens on my Nyx, and finding out that Chaos does a better job than the Naramon school I picked. This doesn't serve to overturn all the good that U18 brought, but I'll be damned if it's not the perfect exercise in frustration in Warframe.