The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Vazarin - New Moon: The Pros And The Cons

jjpdn

If you have taken the Vazarin path after the Second Dream quest, then you may have noticed one of its abilities been called "New Moon". It talks about instantly reviving allies, to a certain max per mission.

So I have tested it out and it isn't what I believed it to be...

Pros:

Does instantly revive allies... with a twist.

Cons:

Small range

You have to turn off Focus, then revive the downed teammate yourself.

There is a mysterious limit... that I have not reached yet but am very afraid of.

I think this is pretty balanced, except for the fact that there is a limit somewhere. Seeing as it already isn't a Nekros soul punch revive without an energy cost, as you have to revive your teammate yourself, why does there have to be a limit of revives per mission?

Have anybody else unlocked it and tested it out?

Edited by jjpdn

Wow that's how it works...I thought it was broken lol. Since it said it was a passive I thought it'd just work automatically when in range of the downed person and take away some of the affinity/rep in the circle. I'll have to try it out...I may stop investing in it(not likely though)

Does instantly revive allies

You have to turn off Focus, then revive the downed teammate yourself.

Sorry, ain't that contradictory ? I don't understand. Is it instant revival lie Nekros' Soul survivor or do you have to revive yourself ?

I've done some tests and this is what I have gathered:

-Using Mending tides (unranked New Moon) grants you 1 revive token

-Revive token can be used for instant revive of incapacitated allies when controlling your Warframe

-Once the token has been used, can be replenished by further recasts of Mending Tide

-Confirmed that recasting Mending tides will stack tokens, allowing you to instant revive multiple allies

I am speculating that ranking New Moon could possibly grant you +1 tokens each rank? I don't see what else ranking it up will do.

Also, does anyone know how much the Mending Tides Mastery decreases the cooldown by?

Most of the "Passives" in all trees are hardly even Passives as they require activation of the Focus first before taking effect.

Making me feel that Focus system should just be an "Super Charge" mode where yu get temporary buffs while activated instead of weird things like Lazor beams and Petrifies. 

Edited by YasaiTsume

Sorry, ain't that contradictory ? I don't understand. Is it instant revival lie Nekros' Soul survivor or do you have to revive yourself ?

I think it means it increases your allied revive speed to "instant". The ability itself doesn't do it, you do.

Edited by Archwizard

So how exactly do you use it? My friend took it, and no matter what we try we can't get it to work. We have tried the "use heal pulse near downed ally, turn ability off, and revive", but it only does a regular revive.

You just need to use your focus ability, turn it on and off and you should be able to instant revive. Make sure your friend has actually equipped the New Moon ability (it should be highlighted red like the Mending Tide ability and use up a single "Pool" point)

I think it means it increases your allied revive speed to "instant". The ability itself doesn't do it, you do.

It is instant, you just run up to an ally (you don't even have to stop moving), tap your interact key and they will just get up.

Edit: Oh, didn't read your post correctly, Archwizard; ignore what I wrote, but I will just leave it there for clarification anyways.

Edited by Teamkill4

You just need to use your focus ability, turn it on and off and you should be able to instant revive. Make sure your friend has actually equipped the New Moon ability (it should be highlighted red like the Mending Tide ability and use up a single "Pool" point)

It is instant, you just run up to an ally (you don't even have to stop moving), tap your interact key and they will just get up.

Edit: Oh, didn't read your post correctly, Archwizard; ignore what I wrote, but I will just leave it there for clarification anyways.

Ah. It wasn't equipped. Thank you!

Most of the "Passives" in all trees are hardly even Passives as they require activation of the Focus first before taking effect.

Making me feel that Focus system should just be an "Super Charge" mode where yu get temporary buffs while activated instead of weird things like Lazor beams and Petrifies. 

Yes, great idea. Or at least, passives should be real passives, that work all the time.

Can confirm that rank 1 New Moon gives 2 revives per Mending Tide cast.

This would be nice if there is no cap to the amount of instant revives you can stack; at max rank, you would get 5 revive tokens each cast.

I still can't replicate the New Moon effect properly in the game yet.

I cast Mending Tides, do I have to let it finish the entire duration before I get a token?

I tried Casting and canceling it pressing 5 again and I still had to revive normally.

[EDIT] Nvm I Already found out how to equip the New Moon Ability. Lack of clarity was astounding.

Edited by YasaiTsume

You just get an instant revive instead of having to wait 3-5 seconds while you spray peppermint into your ally's nose. 

Ok, so ive been testing this myself and seriously am struggling with it.

I ran a T1 survival with a friend for testing (i am the Varazin).

So, i gathered enough energy to cast Mending tides, which i done, and let run out. I then got another lot of energy, and let my team mate die, i ran over, pressed all kinds of keys, recast mending tides and nothing....no revive, certainly not instant and ended up just reviving as normal.

Am i missing something? Is this ability cast on OTHER ALLIES that can then instantly revive team mates and not me personally?

Im really confused. Any step by step guides on using New Moons would be great!

Many thanks

Ok, so ive been testing this myself and seriously am struggling with it.

I ran a T1 survival with a friend for testing (i am the Varazin).

So, i gathered enough energy to cast Mending tides, which i done, and let run out. I then got another lot of energy, and let my team mate die, i ran over, pressed all kinds of keys, recast mending tides and nothing....no revive, certainly not instant and ended up just reviving as normal.

Am i missing something? Is this ability cast on OTHER ALLIES that can then instantly revive team mates and not me personally?

Im really confused. Any step by step guides on using New Moons would be great!

Many thanks

Did you active the skill in the focus tree? not just unlock it, but activate it?

Recap, new moon instantly revives allies after you activate mending tides at least once, the more you activate it the more revives you get, but it needs you to go and revive them, as it says "grants the ability to" (not "will do"), which is actually pretty damn fine. You then have polluted waters, which, as it mentions "will instantly revive allies", I assume in range of mending tides, but will proc them with either viral or radiation as they are revived 95% of the time.

You dont need to let mending tides run out, find a safe spot or make sure you your teammates are killing stuff and just tap 5 to turn it on, then again to turn it off. It will give you the revives. Ranking new moon itself does not seem to increase the cool down time of mending tides. I have it on rank 1 and it didn't. Still have to wait for more focus to put it on rank 2.

New moon is a very powerful and useful ability in nearly every situation your teammates die, or you die. I wish I hadn't unlocked the other uselessness in the tree and added more points to this one.

Edited by nms64

Ok so this is what/how i do it....

In the skill tree i have it unlocked and active (red like mending tides, with 1 rank up (ie, 1 ball lit out of 3)).

In a game i activate mending tides so i get the revive token (or so i thought...)

Ally falls, i run over, activate/Press 5, and i pop out as a tenno, fly around and then it runs out...no revive, no option to instantly revive, i then need to spray green stuff on my ally to actually revive, nothing instant about it, no hints of instant revival. So am i doing something wrong?

Or is it not working? :-\

As said, very confused as i feel i have done everything i need to...

Many thanks

Jinx

Ok so this is what/how i do it....

In the skill tree i have it unlocked and active (red like mending tides, with 1 rank up (ie, 1 ball lit out of 3)).

In a game i activate mending tides so i get the revive token (or so i thought...)

Ally falls, i run over, activate/Press 5, and i pop out as a tenno, fly around and then it runs out...no revive, no option to instantly revive, i then need to spray green stuff on my ally to actually revive, nothing instant about it, no hints of instant revival. So am i doing something wrong?

Or is it not working? :-\

As said, very confused as i feel i have done everything i need to...

Many thanks
Jinx

New moon will not make mending tides revive allies. Just run to them and revive like you would normally, and they will get up instantly, instead of having to stand there waiting for it to reach 100% revival. If that's not working, then try verifying cache in the launcher, if it still doesnt work, then write a support ticket I guess, because it should work if its active and you have at least used mending tides once in the mission. However, as far as I've tested, new moon at rank 0 grants you 1 instant revival, at rank 1 its possibly 2. So, they get consumed as you revive or get revived by allies, once you consume the stack, you go back to reviving normally. If somebody revived you and you had only 1 instant revival left, it was used by you, you need to recast mending tides again to be able to instantly revive.

Edited by nms64

Ok thanks for clarifying, just done another test, went into mission ran mending tides, ally fell, ran over, revived as normal and wasnt instant, ill try your other suggestions and see how i get on and report back!

Thanks again for the help, appreciated! :) 

I'm surprised that others haven't figured out that it's just a charge system that can continue stacking with successive uses of Mending Tides. The charges last for the duration of the mission.

one use of Mending Tides = one/two/three/? charges of New Moon that can be used to revive allies or allow allies to revive you instantly

Edited by JuicyPop