The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

S. Gammacor Mods

kilerskull

Question

Hi guys, its been around 8 to 12 months since Ive played this game and just came back recently. I noticed the total damage went from a few thousand to just a few hundred on the weapon. It seems as it was nerfed as the ammo finishes in no time. So, are there other/new mods that makes a better build than back then?

Also, what is a high level secondary with high damage and less of an ammo issue?

i5oths.jpg

4 answers to this question

The DPS is still the same (420 at base IIRC) but the damage per ammo was decreased and ammo consumption rate increased (continuous fire weapon DPS being Damage per ammo * Fire Rate of course). So it's strongly recommended that you throw on a Pistol Ammo Mutator (preferably the Primed version) in order to keep up with the ammo consumption, and try to avoid using mods that increase fire rate since it's already so high. Trigger discipline helps as well of course; you can't just hold down the trigger forever anymore.

Otherwise your usual damage mods should do the trick. It's still a highly effective little wrist cannon, just a very ammo hungry one.

EDIT: Personal preference, but I like to squeeze in punch-through to hit multiples enemies at once and indirectly improve the ammo economy against crowds. Up to you whether or not you want to give up the extra damage mod for it though.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Wow primed mods, Ive never seen them before.

The only place this weapon falls in during defends, obviously because I play for over 15 min there. My primary is a soma which has not been formad yet, so I usually run outta ammo which is why I dont do high lvl stuff. Which sucks. I am very conservative with the gammacor, I only shoot when they are in the site. Before you could spam everywhere and be fine, now you cant. Still though, for defend, I need more ammo. For the time being Ill try out the stuff suggested in this thread. thanks guys.