The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Best Focus Lens And Tree For Excalibur?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

So, I've chosen Marudai at the end of the quest and I've put it on my Excalibur without knowing exactly what I was doing.

My questions are:

- I heard focus is a pain to level up through Excalibur, is it true? Should I use another lense on a weapon too?

- What's the best focus tree for a frame like Excalibur? I feel like Marudai just adds more damage on a frame that already does an insane amount of it,so it may not be the right choice?

7 answers to this question

Well, your focus power is usable on all frames.  

Currently Valkyr and Excal are bugged and don't gain Frame Focus for kills using their Ult, while other frames are getting focus for using their powers to kill. It will be fixed, I'm sure, and Excal will be one of the better frames for focus farming. 

Edited by Gelkor

Well, your focus power is usable on all frames.  

Currently Valkyr and Excal are bugged and don't gain Frame Focus for kills using their Ult, while other frames are getting focus for using their powers to kill. It will be fixed, I'm sure, and Excal will be one of the better frames for focus farming.

It's usable on all frames but points are gained from Excalibur only, right? So I'm screwed until they fix it apparently...

I'd better find another lense and put it on a weapon...

It's usable on all frames but points are gained from Excalibur only, right? So I'm screwed until they fix it apparently...

I'd better find another lense and put it on a weapon...

Well, it's his 4th that it doesn't work with, RJ i think you can still collect focus fairly well, but, eww. 

Zenurik has that lovely passive that for duration of the mission gives a super-charged Energy Siphon and then in a deeper passive increases ability efficiency.

As for getting focus on Excal? Chain stealth kills or just Slash Dash and Radial Javelin spam away.

Zenurik has that lovely passive that for duration of the mission gives a super-charged Energy Siphon and then in a deeper passive increases ability efficiency.

As for getting focus on Excal? Chain stealth kills or just Slash Dash and Radial Javelin spam away.

But stealth kills gain points with the weaponweapon, right?

You can use Javelin instead and make big points till ulti is fixed. Concerning the best school:it really depends what you're after.

As you pointed out, Excalibur does insane damage already. In that case an utilarian focus like Vazarin (heals & instant resses) or Zenurik (speed & energy management) might be more to your taste.

I chose Madurai first and wasn't too happy about it. I don't need the Phoenix ability and doubt that maxing the passives will have much impact on damage.

I went for Naramon now (stealth & melee crit) crit but will level Vazarin & Zenurik too to some extent.

You can use Javelin instead and make big points till ulti is fixed. Concerning the best school:it really depends what you're after.

As you pointed out, Excalibur does insane damage already. In that case an utilarian focus like Vazarin (heals & instant resses) or Zenurik (speed & energy management) might be more to your taste.

I chose Madurai first and wasn't too happy about it. I don't need the Phoenix ability and doubt that maxing the passives will have much impact on damage.

I went for Naramon now (stealth & melee crit) crit but will level Vazarin & Zenurik too to some extent.

Just be aware that Zenurik will only provide you the energy regen(not during EB), while the energy efficency is actually an active ability and will last 20 seconds after activating power 5.