Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue Blues (And No Cyphers Allowed?)

EvilKam

Hello fellow Tenno!

Exposition:

Some of you probably enjoy rescue missions.  Run in, all stealth movement style, sneak past or eliminate a few wardens, and grab a hostage.  Another good deed for the day, and another mission complete.

Well, I am very happy for those of you with human level pattern recognition skills.  I don't have those.  The 7-cell hex patterns take me a while to analyze, arrange, and solve.

Of course, my repeated failures (Hey, I'm being shot to hell and back here, especially on Sortie missions) result in hostage executions.

I guess I'll use a cipher because I suck at this.  Farm the resources, build the pack, open the doors, claim victory.  It's less elegant than being good at puzzle solving, but as long as I succeed, who cares, right?

Oh wait, that's not an option.  Ciphers don't work on Rescue missions.  This is because... um... 

Hmmm.

"Because".

Yeah, that's great.  So I can't do any Sortie missions?  Really?  

What's my other option?  Getting better isn't going to work because if 30 years of video gaming hasn't made me good yet, I think it's safe to say that I've hit my plateau.  Over the years, I've progressed from "Very Bad", onward to "Bad", then to "Less Bad", all the way to "Technically qualified as Mediocre".

So yes, please just let me use my ciphers.  It would be nice.  I would like to get a new lens someday.  After all, it's why I ground my way to high mastery.

4 Forma Soma Prime, or Boltor Prime, or Latron Prime, or Boar Prime.  Reactor on all frames and weapons that I like, 21 spare reactors in the bank, 11 spare catalysts.

I'm putting tons of time and effort into being able to overcome the game's challenges.  I can't overpower my gear any further.  I am at the absolute limit of my skills.

Not all gamers are equal.  I apologize for being a completely worthless excuse for a human.  Clearly my genetic code should be expunged from human existence, for I am incapable of fast clicking hexes to match a predetermined pattern within an arbitrary set of time constraints.  Indeed I have no value to earth, because pattern matching in a video game is literally the most important ability a human can have.  It is scientifically proven via countless double-blind studies and historical analysis that every successful person on earth is awesome at doing this.

Oh wait, no, it's not an important ability, and many people are not good at it, because it's not critical to survival, scientific development, agriculture, engineering, research, literature, poetry, medicine, space travel, and countless other situations.

I'm just asking to be able to use the one thing in the game designed to allow people like me to succeed at this task.