The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U18 - Helios + Synthesis Scanner

Torhque

Question

• Helios can now use Synthesis Scanners if there are no Codex Scanners equipped or remaining in the player’s Gear.

Is there a catch to this? I have Helios with Synthesis Scanners equipped in my Gear, and it isn't scanning at all. I have eight scans atm, but I also have the Simaris upgrade for infinite scans.

What does this line in the changelist mean exactly?

Edited by Torhque

8 answers to this question

I also noticed that helios cinsumes the synthesis scanner even if you have the infinity scanner atribute bought

Yeah, Im bummed about that.  They finally let helios use our synthesis scanner, and he can't use the perks of the scanner. =(

Oh it only scans enemies if their scans are not completed? Well damn, and here I thought it'd allow me to be lazier about the Simaris rep lol.

Yeah I heard that it still consumes the number of Synthesis Scanners you have remaining even if you acquired the infinite scans upgrade.

Well I guess I maxed out Investigator for nothing then haha

Helios is scanning for me, but I'm not getting any Standing (only Codex scans).

Do you only get Standing if the target is fully completed in your Codex?

I'm a bit confused about this update, I thought that it was suppose to enable Helios to help us acquire Simaris Standing. I'm seeing a lot of people talk about the Widget upgrades not working, but nothing about be able to get standing. So either it's working for them or was Helios really just intended to use the Synthesis Scanner just as Codex scans.

Edited by Bananars

Helios was initially introduced with compatibility with the standard Codex Scanner. I don't know how that worked exactly, but my guess is that Helios consumed Codex Scans until it finished the Codex entry for that target.

For example, if you needed twenty scans to complete the Grineer Lancer, Helios would scan the Grineer Lancer until it met the twenty scans mark.

The Synthesis Scanner compatibility was just added with update 18. However, it feels pretty redundant/useless at this point since I've completed the Codex entry for a ton of targets. I was hoping it would scan targets with reckless abandon in order to rack up Simaris Standing for me.

Edited by Torhque

Helios really just intended to use the Synthesis Scanner just as Codex scans.

This is what the intention was, that's all, it's something that people have been asking for for a while, just so that we don't have to carry two types of scanners for Helios and Simaris.  I never expected Helios to help with synthesis, just wanted to save credits.  But it doesn't even do that because it still consumes Simaris scanners even if you have the Sol Battery widget.