Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream Questline

catastrophy

10/10 would play again. Very touching in the end. Why can't we replay quests? Would play just for the end part again.

It's a bit in the tradition of the Natah quest - more story heavy. A great solo experience, too. Well done. Good conclusion with some sense of accomplishment. Good sound design. Good mission design.

Yeah, I confess: "I liked it. Some. Quite. OK, a lot!"

One thing so it doesn't go to your heads:

I play melee whenever I can and I like the manoeverability of warframes. It's the core of Warframe for me.

I had a lot of trouble figuring out what to do in the last stage of the mission. It took me like 5 minutes and alt-tabbing to the wiki to finally just consider pressing the left mouse button (doh!). I tried dodging all the time and almost rage-quit.

"How am I supposed to destroy stuff with both my hands full?" is my only excuse.

I did the stage before that without using focus, too. I finished that with 2 hp left - the character is invulnerable once you hit that point. Luckily.

I just couldn't figure out how "to use focus" - if there was a hint I must have overlooked it.

I also tried to kill Stalker for 5 minutes until I decided to look at the mini map for objectives. The puzzly thing afterwards was better - it just works by looking at the situation and figuring out the solution. I'm not good at listening to Lotus when lots of stuff and impressions are happening.

Totally agree here, I lovely the cinematic and would love to watch them with my frames again.

But i also had that problem on the part with your hands full, where i was just spamming every button with constantly 2hp

Yeah, I'd love to do it with a different frame, too. I always role-play a little when playing and the quests are very good for that.

I will say that I loved the story.

I will also say that the gameplay experience was some of the absolute worse that I have ever seen in just about every game that I have played. 

The part that drove a nail in the coffin for me was the stalker minigame at the end. I fail to see how this can be fun in any way. It's a horrendously designed infinite knockback game with zero consequence to the player, zero options for the player, and something that must be repeated three times in a row. The experience was so bad that it soured the entire story line. And I was really sucked into the story line and finding out what was going on. Warframe is NOT about minigames like this. Please don't ever do it again. Even a sandbag boss fight would have been more fun.

Edited by SerenitT

I would absolutely play this again. Multiple times, honestly. It was fantastic, and I really hope that this is a sign of things to come as far as quest quality goes. I've been waiting for some solid Warframe lore for years now (because I'm a total nerd and I care more about the lore, sparse as it's been, than about the actual gameplay) and 2015 has definitely delivered. Keep it up, DE. You guys rock. 

I will say that I loved the story.

I will also say that the gameplay experience was some of the absolute worse that I have ever seen in just about every game that I have played. 

The part that drove a nail in the coffin for me was the stalker minigame at the end. I fail to see how this can be fun in any way. It's a horrendously designed infinite knockback game with zero consequence to the player, zero options for the player, and something that must be repeated three times in a row. The experience was so bad that it soured the entire story line. And I was really sucked into the story line and finding out what was going on. Warframe is NOT about minigames like this. Please don't ever do it again. Even a sandbag boss fight would have been more fun.

Just fyi, you can

use your Cyclops beam to blast the Stalker's energy waves, which keeps them from knocking you back.

I, too, got very frustrated with that part until I figured that out. Once I did, though, it became a non-issue. Rather than never having anything like this ever again, I'd just rather they had little tutorials or hints that popped up to tell you what you could do.

I have to say that the whole super-beam sequence was really fun for me. Fighting through nigh-invincible Sentients, and then being able to blast them into nothing in less than a second was a fantastic way - I thought - of demonstrating exactly how powerful a Tenno really is, not to mention the fact that it was fun. At least, it was for me.

But I digress. DE, moar of this. DE don't stahp. DE pls.

Edited by KingAgamemnon

At first i was skeptical.."Will this be another Quest that you fire and forget" then the intro-cutscene came...and after this i had just one sentence on the lips

"DE plz...i beg you..keep this level up..pls...this was awesome."

Most epic game i have played for long. I almost cried. Look at how Warframe has evolved.

Beautiful beginning for a new chapter of Warframe.

Im probably going to be in the minority hear but the fact that you cant play this quest unless you do another quest that you can only get threw a random chance of a Oculyst drone showing up is kinda stupid I have nerly 300 hours in this game and never seen a single Oculyst to get the Natah and over all I dont think it is a good desing chose to lock the first cinamatic quest that answrs so many questions behind something that requiers dumb luck I dont mind sinking hour after hour in this game but this is just bad design who ever desed the the pre recs for this quest failed in thare job plain and simple 

the cyclops beam is broken in the quest mission prior so I had no idea I had it and I have been on the liset mission for the last half hour looking up how the hell people thought this quest was fun. I was infinitely juggled into the corner and couldn't escape. Not fun. Never fun. Never will be fun. WTF, de? :(

The game mechanics, especially the part where we are made to "no fail" is not fun. Maybe turn the whole end into a cutscene instead of letting players play the world's dumbest minigame? I would rather watch the story than have to GOOGLE how to beat an unbeatable boss section.

[edit] WAIT, REALLY? I HAVE TO BEAT THE MINIGAME MORE THAN ONCE? It was already seriously not fun the first time. Seriously, screw you, DE. I may actually finally be done playing this game.
And an update was pushed out while I was trapped so I may have to run it again. This is.. Quite frustrating.

Edited by CheetoDave