The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Key Drop Tables (New Player Needs Help)

Visione

Question

Hi guys, 

Researching how to get void keys just made me more confused, it's unclear to me how the void key drop system works, or i mean in particular how the drop tables work, cause they look contradicting, for example, 

if we take a look at Lua on Earth (excavation):
1. according to the void key wiki, it says it can drop all T2 and T3 keys and most of the T1 keys (4/6), looks like very nice mission to do.

2. however if we go to the excavation wiki, it says Lay on Earth is a T1 excavation mission, going down that page more it says T1 excavation missions can only drop T1 keys (all of them) and NOT T2/T3. (on 3th/7th+ waves)

so what is it? can lua - earth drop almost all keys including T2/T3? or only T1 keys?

sources:
void key wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Keys

excavation wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excavation

Edited by Visione

12 answers to this question

The Wiki is a fan made site, so it's probably not updated properly.

Trust the void keys wiki page though, i can confirm it is correct. Earth Lua is a great key farming spot.

unless something changed lua should drop t2 /t3, and e gate drops t1 keys and now there's a place that can drop t4s but I can't remember the name 

T4s are mainly from Interception missions. T4 spy keys drop from certain spy missions.

The Wiki is a fan made site, so it's probably not updated properly.

Trust the void keys wiki page though, i can confirm it is correct. Earth Lua is a great key farming spot.

T4s are mainly from Interception missions. T4 spy keys drop from certain spy missions.

there's an excavation mission that drops t4's I believe it's tikal on earth 

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

unless something changed lua should drop t2 /t3, and e gate drops t1 keys and now there's a place that can drop t4s but I can't remember the name 

A dark sector excavation i think, i remember seing that in the patch note for U18

edit : Pluto hieracon, i don't know if the others are excavation too now

• T4 Keys have been added to reward tables for the following missions: Eris -- Zalba, Pluto -- Hieracon and Ceres -- Gabii
Edited by Gilmaesh

There are missions that are more likely to drop certain key types more often.  Draco Ceres for example seems to be predominantly tower 4 defense keys on rotation c.  So different planets can drop different keys more often than others.

If you want to farm T4 keys, then go to Pluto dark sector, Hieracon. It gives you T4 keys for rotation B and it will also have a chance to give R5s at rotation A which is a really good place to farm both those things.

Also, this is in the wrong section, next time you neeed help, put it in the Tenno Assistance, and then Players helping players section.