Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[S]Ability To Spray Paint On Wall And Floor (+Enemy Reactions)

smithf

Spray Cans

Whether it is for the artist or vandal within you, or that you simply want to remember whether you have been to a particular place. Ability to equip a tertiary "weapon" : the spray paint can, which will spray paint in the direction of your reticule while its "FIRE" key is pressed down. Comes in pre-selectable colors (maybe influenced by the color palettes for your warframes?)

Enemy Reaction

When enemies see your spray marks (while you are unseen/stealthed), they may have a variety of reactions.

e.g.

Grinneer A: "(s)He'd been here."

Grinneer B: "yeah. awful artistic sense btw. well, it's not the Grinneer."

Grinneer C takes out bucket and starts to mop the sprayed area (after some of cleaning, the spray mark will be faded and erased, unless this "cleaner" is stopped)

Corpus Boxhead: "I've seen that mark in Final Fantasy MMMXII!"

Corpus cleaning droid spawned from wall box : "Contaminant detected. Begin cleaning procedure." (and will proceed to clean the mark as well, and if not interrupted, will fully erased the mark)

Infested Charger runs into room. Infested Charger sees/smells the spray mark. Infested Chargers starts to lick it and slowly strip away the normally wear-resistant pain particles off with its caustic tongue and saliva. ("insert loud and wet licking sound")

;)

Edit: fixed some typo.

Edited by smithf

yes pls add this, and each enemy type from each race should have a different reaction and if a group of enemys sees the spray they should talk to eachother saying god knows what

here is another ideea for the infested charger: well he looks like a dog soooo he should raise his back leg and pee on the spray on the wall and yes erase it :P  if not interupted

gramar and english natzis feel free to hate me    english is not my base language but it's not like u can't understand what i wrote >:)

Edit: oh and this has a potential to help stealth cuz the enemy is distracted  >:))     plus adds to fun element

Edited by g0thv4mp1r3

Maybe as an easter egg or something. But this really isnt something important to warframe. Its cool in a sense that you could get finer detail of the enemy's personality, but its really dumb as a feature to be used.

Unless you're trying to add distraction stealth items. Which could be useful if there was somehow a way to do it without being..spraypaint. I mean come on. Paint? Space ninjas spray paint? come on. What about imitating radio signals or throwing small peices of trash?

I haven;t thought of how it may affect stealth play. But other than the humor, it does one thing impt: tries to compensate for the lack of spatial awareness of the players. And the fact that player waypoints are limited to 1 and fade off so fast that it is not useful beyond marking loot for close teammates.

Imagine this scenario, you entered a mission, and the way point system is OFF :)

Spray paint, persistent bullet mark, or even some bodies that don't disintegrate (could be hard if there are hundreds).

btw, the infested "dog pee" idea is a real lmao. ;)

I haven;t thought of how it may affect stealth play. But other than the humor, it does one thing impt: tries to compensate for the lack of spatial awareness of the players. And the fact that player waypoints are limited to 1 and fade off so fast that it is not useful beyond marking loot for close teammates.

Imagine this scenario, you entered a mission, and the way point system is OFF :)

Spray paint, persistent bullet mark, or even some bodies that don't disintegrate (could be hard if there are hundreds).

btw, the infested "dog pee" idea is a real lmao. ;)

I dont know if you noticed but if you listen in on un alerted grineer, they already have humor. fyi.

Also how does a visual marking have to do with minimap tracking? I dont understand how spraypaint that only is seen with the naked eye, something to replace waypoints? Also stacking corpses will kill your frames. Fast. I also dont want bodies that dont disappear because you cant shoot through them and alot of bodies die standing up or pile up strangely.

As for telling which way you went before isnt hard considering that you leave a trail of ammo boxes and opened lockers. But if you want a better way to affix that, you could just have tiles on the minimap show slightly more transparent if you havent set foot in them yet. That way you can come across a doorway and see on the minimap if its dark or not. This is also a dynamic thing that saves you from having to mark things. Besides, i wouldnt like decals that stayed forever. You could paint entire rooms. That would add up quick on your processor and adds an angle for griefing.