The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help A New Player :d

Yanexs

Question

Hey guys,

So i just started to play warframe and its awesome so far, but (yes there is a but) i have no clue what weapon i should get/work to.

My playstyle is most games is tanky/Big guns with Big magazines. Damage isnt something i am concerned about, i just love the feeling of being able to hold down the trigger for a long time (spray and pray)

Is this playstyle possible in this game? or something simliar to it. What gun should i get?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings Yanex

7 answers to this question

If you like grenade launchers, they are all damage dealing monstrosities.  Incredible damage output.  Pick one and go nuts.

Failing that, most weapons in Warframe are Mid-Tier.  On top of that, every weapon ranges from bad to mediocre, until it has a bunch of good mods.  I put a catalyst on my Braton, and it took me to level 25ish enemies.  That was most of the solar chart.  From there I went to Karak with 3 forma.

Your end-game rifles are, of course, Soma, Soma Prime, Boltor Prime.  They are stereotypical and often thought of as overused, but deadly.

On your way there, you will grind through dozens of others.

Don't worry too much about picking the right gun.  It's ALL about the mods you bolt on.

Edited by EvilKam

Yes, there are guns that have huge clip sizes. The guns i can think of at the top of my head include:Supra, Soma, Soma Prime, Gorgon series, Grataka series, etc. Early on, i recommend getting the Grakata or the Gorgon. The other ones have a MR requirement of 6 i believe.

Edited by Eminem2420

Yes, there are guns that have huge clip sizes. The guns i can think of at the top of my head include:Supra, Soma, Soma Prime, Gorgon series, Grataka series, etc. Early on, i recommend getting the Grakata or the Gorgon. The other ones have a MR requirement of 6 i believe.

Thanks for the advice, i looked up the Gorgon on the wiki. but it said i can only get the blueprint with a login reward tier 2/3 is this a rare on to get?

The Soma Prime has a 200-round magazine with 800 rounds in reserve.

The Ignis is a flamethrower (that can shoot up to 40 meters away and through 2 meters of solid wall) with a 150-"ammo" magazine and burns through 10 ammo per second for 15 seconds of continuous flamethrower.

I would recommend the grakata or boltor. The Gorgon might might seem like an appealing choice, but the recoil is extreme on it. I would also recommend joining a clan. You can get access to clan research weaponry. unlocking a few good guns as well. It's worth looking at the amprex, kohm, phage, and karak. 

No, its fairly common.

Unless you are me and play for two years and log in all the time and still never got one. :D But really, everyone I know has gotten several of them. But with the new changes to the login rewards, how does it work now?