The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Cpu Core Affinity Related Glitch

Alex9-3-9

I have seen this weird thing happen since the FPS limiter was implemented. The problem is that it sometimes happens during a mission, specifically the void tileset.

Here are my PC Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8320e@4.8Ghz

RAM:Crucial Ballistix @2166Mhz 16Gb No pagefile

GPU:AMD R9 285 Core at 1115Mhz and Memory at 1500Mhz

Mobo: Gigabyte 970a-UD3P

Storage: SSD - Adata XPG SX900 256Gb

PSU: DeepCool DQ750W

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

When I'm playing in the Void or Any mission with a lot of enemies Cpu and Gpu usage drops and so does FPS. Most of the time doing what I did in the video fixes it.  Although for some reason I can't keep a constant 60fps.

With this build I can keep a constant 60fps on games like Crysis 1/2/3, Battlefield 4,The new Battlefront and much more.

I have tinkered with all of the things that could be wrong. 

I even tried running my CPU on 4 cores from the BIOS to no avail.

Running the game in DX9/10/11 has approx no difference in my case.

I have unparked my CPU.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by Terrorist939

Video is private.

Did you optimize the cache(launcher)?

Did you limit usage on either cpu/gpu

Did you check integrity via launcher? then steam?

Ram isn't listed.

Note* AMD has a bad history with this game...So it's not the best....

It appears to be windowed....have you tried fullscreen/borderless fullscreen?

Edited by Magnulast

Video is private.

Did you optimize the cache(launcher)?

Did you limit usage on either cpu/gpu

Did you check integrity via launcher? then steam?

Ram isn't listed.

Note* AMD has a bad history with this game...So it's not the best....

Yes,No why would I do that?,yes Oh and Ram

Yes,No why would I do that?,yes Oh and Ram

To check how power is used by the game, and actually...nevermind....

But optimizing the cache VIA the launcher Increases the overall performance in the game.

Loading/Playing missions.

Edited by Magnulast

To check how power is used by the game, and actually...nevermind....

But optimizing the cache VIA the launcher Increases the overall performance in the game.

Loading/Playing missions.

I really doubt that optimizing helps me at all. After all it takes me 1/2 seconds to load into a level when I'm hosting.

Oh and to test how well Warframe utilizes CPU and GPU I downclocked my CPU to 2Ghz and my gpu to 300mhz on the core and 500 on the memory. Seems as if I get more constant 60FPS. Sometimes I just want to smash my head against my monitor. 

I don't know why that works....efficiency chip-set usage issue?

But affinity doesn't seem to be related at all to the post.

The video I posted is absolutely related to CPU affinity. Maybe It's a bug that Warframe does because of the stupid Piledriver Architecture, 2cores per L2 cache 

I really doubt that optimizing helps me at all. After all it takes me 1/2 seconds to load into a level when I'm hosting.

Oh and to test how well Warframe utilizes CPU and GPU I downclocked my CPU to 2Ghz and my gpu to 300mhz on the core and 500 on the memory. Seems as if I get more constant 60FPS. Sometimes I just want to smash my head against my monitor. 

regardless of how fast you load into a mission optimizing your cashe is a good thing. it if something was downloaded incorrectly or put somewhere it shouldn't then there is a chance your bug will be related to that. ill just say again. loading in speed does not matter, as that is for all the stuff you downloaded. if something was downloaded wrong then the verifying the game cashe can work wonders. verifying the game cashe also doesn't take long at all.

of course it could be something different like amd graphics. my own comp has amd and warframe has been a weird game to get the best out of.

regardless of how fast you load into a mission optimizing your cashe is a good thing. it if something was downloaded incorrectly or put somewhere it shouldn't then there is a chance your bug will be related to that. ill just say again. loading in speed does not matter, as that is for all the stuff you downloaded. if something was downloaded wrong then the verifying the game cashe can work wonders. verifying the game cashe also doesn't take long at all.

of course it could be something different like amd graphics. my own comp has amd and warframe has been a weird game to get the best out of.

I have optimised my cache quite a bit of times, I manually "Trim" my SSD from time to time.

BTW a friend of mine has An Intel 4770k and an AMD R9 285 like mine. He never goes below 120. So it must be an AMD related issue.

I can't believe it.....my game runs faster.....

So now we know that it affects cpu's regardless....of it function as AMD or INTEL.

I hope it's not windows 10 that makes this change but it's proably.....the engine's setup....

Rather....I honestly don't know what to say regarding this place.

I think it's a bug regarding the use of the cpu...but was it exactly good before u18?

I might as well tell you my specs

Aorus x7 

GTX860M SLI

16GB

1tb + 256gb SSD raid.(2x)

i7-4860HQ cpu

Simply put

I have optimised my cache quite a bit of times, I manually "Trim" my SSD from time to time.

BTW a friend of mine has An Intel 4770k and an AMD R9 285 like mine. He never goes below 120. So it must be an AMD related issue.

I now highly doubt it's related to just AMD related as a issue in performance....my game increased it's performance quite a lot.

Edited by Magnulast

I can't believe it.....my game runs faster.....

So now we know that it affects cpu's regardless....of it function as AMD or INTEL.

I hope it's not windows 10 that makes this change but it's proably.....the engine's setup....

Rather....I honestly don't know what to say regarding this place.

I think it's a bug regarding the use of the cpu...but was it exactly good before u18?

I might as well tell you my specs

Aorus x7 

1tb + 256gb SSD raid.(2x)

Simply put

I now highly doubt it's related to just AMD related as a issue in performance....my game increased it's performance quite a lot.

It can't be Windows 10 since I had the same issue on Windows 7 ultimate. I am currently Investigating CPU usage and it seems that before I do the "trick" CPU usage on core 0 is about 70/80% and the rest are 20/30% and during loading all 8 go to 100%,  yes I know that Windows CPU usage isn't really a thing you can trust. Nice laptop BTW.

Edited by Terrorist939

It can't be Winodows 10 since I had the same issue on Windows 7 ultimate. I am currently Investigating CPU usage and it seems that before I do the "trick" CPU usage on core 0 is about 70/80% and the rest are 20/30% and during loading all 8 go to 100%,  yes I know that Windows CPU usage isn't really a thing you can trust. Nice laptop BTW.

It's kinda ok...it's keyboard isn't as good...nice computer though..

Anyway, we now know that this isn't related to just AMD.

It could just be OCTA-core processors....Maybe the old engine isn't used to newer standards.......they need to adjust a few things...in usage..if they can.

It's kinda ok...it's keyboard isn't as good...nice computer though..

Anyway, we now know that this isn't related to just AMD.

It could just be OCTA-core processors....Maybe the old engine isn't used to newer standards.......they need to adjust a few things...in usage..if they can.

If I remember correctly, in one of the streams Steve said that the game can use a max of 4 cores. What that means for us 8core or 4core with multithread users is that the game gets confused and there is nothing we can do about it.

Thank you for helping me determine that it isn't only an AMD related issue. Please like the post with the hopes that a Dev might see it.

If I remember correctly, in one of the streams Steve said that the game can use a max of 4 cores. What that means for us 8core or 4core with multithread users is that the game gets confused and there is nothing we can do about it.

Thank you for helping me determine that it isn't only an AMD related issue. Please like the post with the hopes that a Dev might see it.

Yeah....well....at least we know how speed up the game tremendously. 

A informational based post on how to increase the speed of the game would be nice to other players, but I'll contact the lotus....or another administrator. 

Note* this information seems to allowed, but I'm just going to double check...and they are off-line right now..soo..but as this was said in a devstream,  highly doubt this would be blocked, but better safe than sorry.

Edited by Magnulast