The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Stealth Tips?

ThorienKELL

Question

Any tips for stealth loki to maximize focus gain, but in general too? 

I was reading about a guy gaining silly amounts of focus using loki, I used it last night in few missions and I got usual 2K, which is not bad but I'm interested in how the hel*l he can net 40K?

Why is my affinity bonus swaps from 100%, 200%, 500% seemingly random?

Do I need syndicate silent mods for loki?

How to make effective (and guaranteed) stealth kill?

Weapon choices?

Any tips would be appreciated.

And to put a disclaimer, I am not a guy who thinks that farming focus is something really necessary, but since I plan on doing lot of stealth missions with my loki in farming ivara, I would like to maximize focus gain in process. Ty. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

8 answers to this question

You receive a 100% Affinity bonus for killing an enemy that is unaware of your presence. This starts a timer (somewhere between 28 and 30 seconds), and if you kill another enemy that is unaware of your presence, that bonus goes up to 200% and resets the timer. You can continue doing this until you reach a 500% Affinity bonus, and each stealth kill after that will simply reset the timer again. If the timer ever runs out, your bonus drops back to zero and you have to build it back up again.

The Affinity bonus is the same regardless of the weapon used. Melee is commonly suggested because it is inherently silent. If you want to use a different weapon, you will either have to use the Hush or Suppress mods or Hushed Invisibility.

The best ways to perform stealth kills are to use melee weapons or weapons with high single-hit damage, such as the Latron series. Bows are tricky to use because enemies can be alerted by arrows (they are not alerted by bullets or other projectiles), and syndicate weapons are also tricky because the syndicate AoE cannot perform stealth kills at all.

If you pick to use a melee weapon, select one that either has a very fast stealth finisher animation that doesn't make you move very far (the stealth finisher animation can bump nearby enemies and alert them) or one with very long reach, such as the Galatine or Orthos Prime, so that you can kill enemies long before they enter bump distance.

The best missions to run are probably Deception on Saturn or Sedna where the enemy levels are high enough, but the enemies still fall in one hit.

For best efficiency, you'll want to have a Lens on both your Warframe and your weapon.

He must have an affinity booster.

He must also be only using melee stealth kills, which I think gte higher bonus multipliers than ranged stealth kills.

If you alert an enemy in any way, you will lose your stealth bonus. That means if you get too close and nudge them a bit, then melee them to death, you'll still lose it.

Best way to farm points like that guy was doing is to find a non-endless mission with infinite spawns (like spy if you don't complete the objectives) and just running around massacring everything carefully.

loki > full duration some efficiency, cerata or glaive modded with power thrown > pluto exter > can deal with nullifier with melee, can deal with corpus ladies and corpus tech by channeling the glaive and can kill many ennemies on the same strike with glaive's explosion > 10 - 15K per run with stealth xp boost all along the game

Edited by cob_metallica

He's using an affinity booster. Yes.

You can still get a lot of EXP from Loki tho. From each stealth kill you get more and more percent exp. Killing 5 enemies within 25 secs (I think) of each kill will get you that 500% bonus.

If you're planning on farming like that you should play high level Grineer missions, not Corpus. It's easier to get the stealth kills.

- Using melee weapon only, my advice is to get something with a lot of range, like the Orthos Prime. Reach mod must be maxed. If you have Prime Reach that would be even better. Or a good throwing weapon, mhm.

- Using Primary/Secondary weapons you'll have to go with the silent ones: Bows and etc. But if you can get the syndicate mod you can go with something like the Penta/Tonkor/Boltor P and etc and just kill everything. The 100% noice reduction is actually pretty amazing and if you're doing the Spy missions for Ivara you should totally get that mod - it really helps. (Popping the nullifiers bubble with your "guns" won't alert him. So you can equip other weapons to level them in the process - just remember that the Stalker might get spamed.)

- Also a tip for the Spy missions (the high level ones), the Syndicate weapon effect will active a lot. That can be a good thing and a bad thing. It will blast the cameras which is really helpful, but it can also alert enemies.

He must also be only using melee stealth kills, which I think gte higher bonus multipliers than ranged stealth kills.

self proclaimed stealth expert here...

the stealth affinity bonus increases as you kill unaware enemies...

people find it random or think melee stealth kills are better or whatever is due to the fact that they have alerted enemies without knowing it

1. guns make noise, even if no one sees you kill someone, they will still hear you. They become alerted and if you kill them, it does not contribute to your stealth affinity bonus.

2. if they SEE their ally be killed, even if they dont see you doing it, they will still be alerted. This applies to silent and non silent weapons

3. if they SEE their ally's corpse, they will be alerted even if they didnt see you killing them or the moment they were killed...Again, applies with silent or non silent weapons(I'm not too sure about this one but I do know that if i kill a guy with my bow and his body is flung across the map and grineer sees that body, they become alerted)

In other words, you gotta kill S#&$ splinter cell style. No one hears you...no one see's you...no one see's the body.

the stealth affinity bonus increases as you kill unaware enemies...

people find it random or think melee stealth kills are better or whatever is due to the fact that they have alerted enemies without knowing it

1. guns make noise, even if no one sees you kill someone, they will still hear you. They become alerted and if you kill them, it does not contribute to your stealth affinity bonus.

2. if they SEE their ally be killed, even if they dont see you doing it, they will still be alerted. This applies to silent and non silent weapons

3. if they SEE their ally's corpse, they will be alerted even if they didnt see you killing them or the moment they were killed...Again, applies with silent or non silent weapons(I'm not too sure about this one but I do know that if i kill a guy with my bow and his body is flung across the map and grineer sees that body, they become alerted)

In other words, you gotta kill S#&$ splinter cell style. No one hears you...no one see's you...no one see's the body.

2 and 3 are not true.

What I do is Ceres Ludi ext mission with loki and orthos prime. Maxed primed reach and spin attacks in stealth are a fast way to clear the mission. I have lens on loki and orthos and I get about 25k focus each run tho I'm on a booster.

Edited by Frelluuu

"The type of weapon used also has an effect on how much bonus affinity a stealth kill makes: melee weapons grant twice the amount of stealth kill affinity compared to ranged weapons or abilities."

That was taken directly from the wiki.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth

Sorry that I got confused.