The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tempo Royale Vs. Cleaving Whirlwind

BabyBomi

Question

11 answers to this question

They are about equal, with Tempo Royal being a little more useful in general, but with Cleaving Whirlwind having ridiculous damage on that spin2win combo.

Try both, then decide. I switch between them depending on situation.

Edited by Kthal

Cleaving Whirlwind with broken bull AoE swings that hits for 360 degree 7 times before built-in stagger kicks in.

Tempo Royale with LEARN ALL THE COMBOS- well, just use all of the combos on Tempo Royale. That stance has the best utility out of all the Heavy Blade stances.

Cleaving Whirlwind is pretty much all about the Broken Bull combo: crazy damage, but low mobility and after the 7th spin a built in stagger happens.

Tempo Royale: CC, good mobility and attack speed and some nice multipliers in combos here and there. Best overall stance for moving around and killing stuff.

Decide based on how you like to swing your Galatine.

Edited by TychusMechanicus

CW is all about the spin-to-win combo, which is pretty effective against crowds (and even single targets) but eventually gets boring (imo) and requires a 'hold E' combo to activate. 4x damage per spin is pretty sweet tho.

TR has a modifier to the quick attack/first attack which makes it a double swing, and it's right-click combo has a 5x damage strike that often headshots (20x damage on a crit!) and causes a knockdown, which can then be followed up by a ground execute for 4x damage and a guaranteed bleed proc. Pretty nice, similar (likely even higher) single-target damage with a lot more enemy disruption going on, and the combo is a lot easier to pull off.

I was an adamant supporter of CW's superiority when TR first came out, but I've gradually come to appreciate TR's greater mobility and the AoE knockdown more - especially when they made the ground finisher get buffed by attack speed so it became really quick. That change took two pretty close stances and made TR the clear winner for me.

TR has a modifier to the quick attack/first attack which makes it a double swing, and it's right-click combo has a 5x damage strike that often headshots (20x damage on a crit!) and causes a knockdown,

The hold back combo is the one with the 5x. I don't remember what the hold right-click was.

The hold back combo is the one with the 5x. I don't remember what the hold right-click was.

Sorry, you're right. Right click is the bunch of multihits with around 2-3x damage.

When I play, I use the right click combo, and backpedal instead when I need  a heavy hit. 

Sorry, you're right. Right click is the bunch of multihits with around 2-3x damage.

When I play, I use the right click combo, and backpedal instead when I need  a heavy hit. 

Yeah so far I'm enjoying tempo royale more, since I have beserker and it goes MEGA FAST. What do you mean right click combo? I thought right clicker was just blocking?