Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Excalibur Shadow... Buffed? Nerfed? What Is This?

Epsik-kun

As you may know, there are four different combos in Exalted Blade stance. They wasn't really used much, due to having insignificant damage multipliers (they did had multipliers though) in exchange of significant attack speed loss.

You may also know, that after charge attack implementation, combo input mechanics changed a bit, making it much easier to do a hold combo. Also, Excalibur still don't has a charge attack.

Combining these two points and some lag/fps drop during combat, it's very easy to do his 4th combo randomly. And while doing so on a sortie I noticed one thing.

4th combo hits like a truck. Indeed, it had higher damage than regular swings before, but hardly even 33% more. Right now, it hits with at least twice the damage... I think? To be honest, it's kinda hard for me to evaluate the damage, due to all side factors. Against Grineer sortie, regular swings of my Eblade usually hit below 1k of damage. Swings of 4th combo hit for more than 1k, but not really significantly more. Weird part is, regular swings hit for about 2k-3k damage on critical, while criticals of 4th combo easily went over 10k. There's that headshot possibility though, yet it was really consistent in getting much higher critical numbers compared to regular combo.

I kinda tested it on infested, still isn't very clear, but when regular swings do about 2k damage, 4th combo hits for about 4k. My highest crit with regular swings is about 100k damage (I assume it's a headshot on that infested ospray thingy whetever it's called), highest crit I saw with the 4th combo was 200k. So it looks much more consistent in terms of really having 200% damage multiplier. However, on high level Grineer it seemed to hit much heavier. Is there any weird interaction with armor?

There's also another thing. I use Berserker. And I don't use crit chance mods. And I've noticed, that my 4th combo crits noticeably more often than regular one. And that some of these crits do not proc Berserker. Like, you know, these are not actually a crits, but a stealth damage hits, the problem is, there was no reason for them to be stealth hits, as I didn't use RB nor spin nor was in actual stealth. I switch to regular combo - I get my Berserk to proc on every critical. I use 4th one at the same position, suddenly Berserker doesn't proc like half of the time crits appear. Yet, crits start to appear much more often.

So... Does anyone else noticed this?

PS Gimme charge attack on EBlade, DE!

As you may know, there are four different combos in Exalted Blade stance. They wasn't really used much, due to having insignificant damage multipliers (they did had multipliers though) in exchange of significant attack speed loss.
You may also know, that after charge attack implementation, combo input mechanics changed a bit, making it much easier to do a hold combo. Also, Excalibur still don't has a charge attack.
Combining these two points and some lag/fps drop during combat, it's very easy to do his 4th combo randomly. And while doing so on a sortie I noticed one thing.

4th combo hits like a truck. Indeed, it had higher damage than regular swings before, but hardly even 33% more. Right now, it hits with at least twice the damage... I think? To be honest, it's kinda hard for me to evaluate the damage, due to all side factors. Against Grineer sortie, regular swings of my Eblade usually hit below 1k of damage. Swings of 4th combo hit for more than 1k, but not really significantly more. Weird part is, regular swings hit for about 2k-3k damage on critical, while criticals of 4th combo easily went over 10k. There's that headshot possibility though, yet it was really consistent in getting much higher critical numbers compared to regular combo.

I kinda tested it on infested, still isn't very clear, but when regular swings do about 2k damage, 4th combo hits for about 4k. My highest crit with regular swings is about 100k damage (I assume it's a headshot on that infested ospray thingy whetever it's called), highest crit I saw with the 4th combo was 200k. So it looks much more consistent in terms of really having 200% damage multiplier. However, on high level Grineer it seemed to hit much heavier. Is there any weird interaction with armor?

There's also another thing. I use Berserker. And I don't use crit chance mods. And I've noticed, that my 4th combo crits noticeably more often than regular one. And that some of these crits do not proc Berserker. Like, you know, these are not actually a crits, but a stealth damage hits, the problem is, there was no reason for them to be stealth hits, as I didn't use RB nor spin nor was in actual stealth. I switch to regular combo - I get my Berserk to proc on every critical. I use 4th one at the same position, suddenly Berserker doesn't proc like half of the time crits appear. Yet, crits start to appear much more often.

So... Does anyone else noticed this?

PS Gimme charge attack on EBlade, DE!

Last combo always had the 2x dmg multiplier, plus it has ragdoll. Yeah was pretty amped for EB charge attacks, kinda disappointed only Valkyr has the charge attack.

Edited by Dragazer

Last combo always had the 2x dmg multiplier, plus it has ragdoll. Yeah was pretty amped for EB charge attacks, kinda disappointed only Valkyr has the charge attack.

It didn't had 2x damage multiplier. As I especially tested it to see if it had. But it didn't.